whats going on at the venice island Neducsin/Carmella's/Arroyo site???

Discussion in 'Manayunk / Roxborough / East Falls' started by NipseyRussell, May 6, 2016.

1. NipseyRussell

NipseyRussell Steelworker

are there updates on 1 Leverington?
    I am right now watching at least 3 oversize load truck move into the lot. They are wrapped up, but look like they might be trailer offices like you might see on a construction site. Did i miss something?

alternately, is someone is moving in? the trucks are from Modular Home Manufacturer - Ritz-Craft Homes - PA, NY, NC, MI, NJ, Maine, ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, OH, MD, VA, DE, Indiana, IN, IL, WI, WV, MO, TN, SC, GA, RI, KY, MS, AL, LA, Ontario

maybe they are just temporarily storing these modular homes here? there are always rental truck that just park there.

2. Timshel

Timshel Well-Known Member

Haven't seen them yet, but I bet they're the modular homes that are dropping next week at Wright and Silverwood.

3. NipseyRussell

that makes sense, looks they just parked them. is that neducisn? has anyone heard anything about this site in years?

4. Reberson

Reberson Well-Known Member

I hear that a Wendy's is going in there!

daninpa likes this.
  5. NickleDimer

NickleDimer Well-Known Member

I hear that it's a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/Cinabon

6. NipseyRussell

update - now that the Asplundh trucks have moved to the other side of Venice Lofts, the neducsin property seems to be evolving into a thriving squatter community. I had the pleasure of listening to the screams and shouts of "Brian" and "Retard" this morning as he kicked her out of what i think was his broken down truck ( i couldn't see his site because of trees in the way, but she left, up onto the bridge a few times to shout from the relative safety there). The woman reportedly screamed that someone should call the police (which i did....twice) because he was going to hurt her. She called him a drug dealer and said he was losing his clients because he robbed a woman and also because people dont like the way he treats her, and said he burnt her tent down. I would also like to "thank" the police who came twice, but left quickly each time to let the people stay illegally on the land and to continue to threaten each other loudly with bodily harm. What a clusterf*ck.

vampyre927 likes this.
  7. vampyre927

vampyre927 Well-Known Member

What do u expect...its the 5th District. They don't do anything,except write tickets because of their quota!!
    With the "Drug-Dealing at Peck Millers area along with Ridge Ave" The old-new Drug den at 558 Fountain St. Our 'USELESS" councilman,Curtis Jones doesn't care about anything in the Rox-Manayunk area(he cares only about his OWN area),and Pam Delisso(or DO LESS SO) only cares about pleasing her "real votors" Montgomery County. I'm sure their are other DRUG-DEALING ares I don't know about, now we have a new one in Manayunk!! Thanks 5th District,Pam Do Less,and Curtis(I don't care the the white areas)Jones!!

fiveomar and Debbie like this.
  8. Jayfar

Jayfar Junior Old Fart

Roll Call Complaints | Philadelphia Police Department

9. Timshel

Great site for squatting!
    1. Picturesque area - derelict property is relatively private but still close to civilization
    2. Proximity to the highway so it's easy for you and your dog to panhandle at the offramps.
    3. Main Street and the Canal offer all sorts of "treasures" that may have been left behind or dropped
    4. Restaurant dumpsters - score!
    5. Plenty of dealers around if substance abuse is your thing

10. NipseyRussell

The fun continues. Had to call 911 at 4.30 am today because of the renewed screaming and, in fact, i thought i had been awakened by gun shots. After speaking with a neighbor who saw "Brian" walking around waving a 2x4, i now believe he was bashing his truck or some other metal with it. Cops came, shined a light around for < 90 seconds and departed, since all was quite by the time they showed. The show started up again at 6.30 am. At this point my neighbors must have called the police as i ran into an office driving down the street. As with another office who i talked to the other day, he had zero interest in discussing what was happening.
    me: they are threatening to kill each other
    cop: well that would solve your problem
    me: yeah but i dont want a bullet to come through my window
    cop: lets hope not
    cop: where are they?
    me: (not believing he doesn't know): in the lot across the way
    cop: they gave me the wrong address, they gave me this address
    cop (interrupting): yeah i know....pulls away without letting me finish
    so, yeah, d*ck you know exactly who what and where

fiveomar likes this.
  11. NipseyRussell

update! as i was hitting send on that last message, my building manager called me as i had been emailing with them today. They spoke with Neducsin and the police and apparently if they arent out by tomorrow morning, they will be arrested. They were given time to get there shit together. Sorry, get their shit out. They will never have their shit together

Jayfar likes this.
  12. Belmo

Belmo Well-Known Member

Is that the woman who has been panhandling at the Belmont Ave. offramps? I saw her this past weekend when I got off the Schuylkill eastbound, waiting to turn left to go over the bridge. I didn't notice her at first -- it was the dog that caught my attention.

13. NipseyRussell

i dont think you are thinking of the same person. that is a younger woman with a dog? this is an older, large woman with freaky white blonde hair

14. Timshel

There's been a rotating cast of gutter punks doing the off ramp panhandling thing these days. One can only hope that the coming winter pushes them elsewhere.

15. Nytecat

Nytecat Well-Known Member

No. They'll just join the existing rotating cast of gutter punks who hassle riders on the El where it's nice and warm.

16. Belmo

Belmo Well-Known Member

Yes, the woman I saw looks to be in her 20s, and had a dog.

17. NipseyRussell

there also seems to be a few folks who gather early am on main just above green and then disperse

18. NipseyRussell

updates! Brian moved back earlier this week with: a livable trailer, a secondary storage trailer....and a frigging boat.
    4:30 am weds morning, woke to screaming. Watched brian get violent with the woman, grabbing her head, then pushing her to the ground and getting on top of her twice. Called 911, cops came and Brian walked right out while they were there and they couldnt here me yelling to them where he was because of the distance and window design. I cant get down there very quickly because there isnt a direct route.
    Once again, put pressure on Venice Lofts to work with the police and Neducisn to resolve.
    As of 12:40 Friday, looks like they are preparing to tow everything out of there. Hope its not just around the bulding near the paper plant!

fiveomar likes this.
  19. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

On fire now..

20. NipseyRussell

true that. they put it out, i was hoping they would let it burn to the ground. Anyway, i had a front row seat, but it ended my spring cleaning day since i couldnt leave to get more supplies!
    Also, anyone know if the people operating that as a parking lot during festivals are a rogue operation? Always looks like the cops eventually come and they stop charging. Including today when it appeared (couldn't hear anything) that the cops might have bee explaining to people that they shouldnt park there, but let them anyway
    Of course, then it became a loooong, dry tailgate party since no can can leave.

21. daninpa

daninpa Cheesesteak GURU!

22. NipseyRussell

and....its on fire again!!! Why is Neducsin not being levied huge fines and or spending time in jail at this point. A fireman was injured last time. Probably will be again today. What before was open access to the site (Allowing squatters to create a mobile empire with outbuildings and a boat) is now blocked by concrete barriers.. Plus a back hoe that has flat tires, the buckets and stabilizers down, and its front bucket up against a telephone pool - so cant be moved.

This f*cking guy. At least he doesnt have to see any of this!

#22 NipseyRussell, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    fiveomar and Hospitalitygirl like this.
  23. NipseyRussell

so...they started tearing it down last week. Anyone have any scoop on whats next?

vampyre927 likes this.
  24. Shadowbat

Shadowbat Well-Known Member

vampyre927 likes this.
  25. RCWCBP

RCWCBP New Member

I'm not sure what's planned but Kevin Smith is already against it!! And everything else.

vampyre927 likes this.