VTC Tile

Discussion in 'Home / Garden / Outdoors' started by phillysleuth, Jan 23, 2016.

1. phillysleuth

phillysleuth Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards putting down some Vtc tile in my mud/laundry room (a add- on to the back of the original house long before I got here), as part of a general upgrade to its storage status instead of a disgusting let;s-throw-everything-that-doesn't-have-a place-elsewhere back there. Other tile options have either been dismissed as too expensive/overkill for such a small room that takes kind a of a beating from the stuff that gets stored there or tracked back there from various sources, both external and internal, or kind of cheap looking like vinyl peel and stick tile or sheet vinyl, which I also hate..

The VTC tile is thicker, andhas the colors running thru it, rather than just on the surface, so my sense is if it gets scratched, it won't be as obvious. What I'd like to do is give it just a little sheen; it all seems to come in a matte finish, which works well in a lot of the industrial settings I've been told it's used in, but isn't my taste even if it will require some maintenance.. Is there anything I can put on this tile that would seal/shine it up a bit, and if so, how long does it last with weekly (or so) mopping?

2. paul100

paul100 Well-Known Member

I dont have an answer to your question but have you looked at Allure flooring. Home depot sells it. Its a thick vinyl flooring that come in different styles. Its a floating floor. each piece sticks to the next piece.

3. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member