Union protest at 12th and Pearl is now out of control -Goldtex Post Bros

Discussion in 'Fairmount / Spring Garden / Francisville' started by Pitt, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I've slowly watched more and more union guys protesting each morning to the point where there's 50- 75 now, and they're surrounding vehicles of the site workers calling them "fat f*cks," "f*cking faggots." I personally saw them threatening a worker in a nice pickup trying to get into the site today. One guy, a fat fellow in a red Phillies cap and sunglasses, personally said "I'll see you later today you fat f*ck. You're dead you fat f*ck."

I talked to a neighbor who said it's the norm and they spend a better part of the morning threatening the black security guards with what he called "racially tinged words." This morning they blocked a delivery truck and all the traffic behing it, including an ambulance, for a half hour. They also crowded Jany's doorway the 45 min I was there this AM and kept using the bathrooms without asking.

One guy seemed really out of place. He was slim and healthy looking, dressed in suit pants and a pressed shirt, light gray slicked-back hair. I figured he was a delegate or something until it turned out he was a cop. The guy in the truck asked what to do and the cop was snickering at him and said "you gotta get through then get through" knowing a bunch of guys had the front of his truck blocked off.

The delivery truck and the people waiting behind it trying to cross 12th blocked off by the union guys alsogot no help from the cops. There were 2 other cops there just watching and doing nothing as these guys blocked traffic during rush hour. One was in uniform. Another was a middle aged lady wearing a dress that you'd wear to a graduation or wedding along with a Philly PD armband.

Obviously calling the cops wasn't going to do any good so I called Fox 29. This is as bad as I've seen it thus far.

#1 Pitt, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. seand

seand Well-Known Member

This is the sort of thing cell phone video cameras were invented for.

3. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

It has to be done from a resident above. No doubt in my mind they'd mug any everyday citizen trying to film it. Oh, forgot one thing: I really hope the ones with guns on their belts were plain clothed officers.

4. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Another thing. They parked all down Wood Street b/w 12th and 13th infront of driveways, in loading zones, and in front of hydrants. They clearly are allowed to do whatever they want short of beating people up.

I'm not sure what they think they're accomplishing.

The parking lot on the west side of the street where they'd usually protest from is now fenced in as of last week, so they just crowd the sidewalks and business doorways now.

Last week they had a cookout on the sidewalk.

#4 Pitt, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

Please document this on video next time. These unions are out of control.

6. jizay

jizay Well-Known Member

What? The 10+ videos Post Bros. uploaded aren't enough? Once again, here is the youtube playlist:

PhillyBully Website - YouTube

Or visit phillybully.com

Thank you. The city is completely corrupt and will take little to no action to control these scum. The police observers are members of a union themselves and not very sympathetic to the law-abiding folks who are being harassed by these obese pieces of human filth. The only, and I mean only, hope here is to draw more and more attention to it and increase the pressure from the outside. In a just world, troops and tanks would show up and mop the streets with these losers.

7. CHIOSSO

CHIOSSO Schuylkill Ranger

hahaha love fred. hes a good guy. waaaaaaaa,waaaaaaa,waaaa!!

8. AbortedWalrus

AbortedWalrus Well-Known Member

If by "good guy" you mean "scumbag" and guilty of assault judging by at least one of those videos.

9. bernie25

bernie25 Banned

Unions are a total joke

10. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

These videos are really disturbing. How do these guys sleep at night?

Unions were necessary for this country to rise out of the dark ages of the industrial revolution. Now they're just dinosaurs who never adjusted.

11. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Yeah he's a good guy, bullying outnumbered guys who are too afraid of getting arrested to stand up for themselves. I hope one of the delivery trucks shows up with a driver still drunk from the night before and decides to step on the gas and kills all of them.

12. CHIOSSO

You hope to kill people?

I worked for all the big general contractors. They would pay you $5.00 an hour if they could get away with it. They would risk your life to save a buck. I have seen men lose arms and legs because the contractors cut corners. And you want to kill people?

You have know idea.

#12 CHIOSSO, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  13. Marquis

Marquis Banned

lol, unions are the worst because they aren't really human and deserve to be killed.

14. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised they're your peers. You're of the same caliber if reading comprehension and general buffoonery are any indication.
    If one of these guys getting harassed and assaulted by your goon friends finally had enough and gunned a delivery truck right over all of them, well... there's definitely other deaths worth grieving.

15. FKD19124

FKD19124 Banned

someone needs to punch this Fred Cosenza in the face.

16. CHIOSSO

General buffoonery I love that.

17. AbortedWalrus

AbortedWalrus Well-Known Member

We can tell by the way you are exhibiting it.

18. jizay

jizay Well-Known Member

And you are free to accept those terms of employment or else put your human capital to other uses. If you are willing to do the job for $5/hr, then that's what it's worth. That's called the free market. Ask the workers at this project if they're unhappy to have the work. They look eager to me.

19. rjj

rjj Well-Known Member

market value my friend, thats how the big boy world works. your pay is parallel to how easy it is to replace you!!!!!

20. jizay

jizay Well-Known Member

These turds are at the corner of Vine and 12th all day with one of their blow up toys. If you happen to drive by, let them know what you think.

21. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

22. MariusPontmercy

MariusPontmercy poor grad student

They have too much time on their hands.

23. unionspaghetti

Can this not turn into another thread about unions vs. not. Employers can offer any legal wage. Employees can accept it or not. Employees can unionize or not. We get how it works.

The issue here are the illegal tactics of this union that are apparently not being addressed by the police. I think all reasonable people think it's abhorrent to block roads and threaten workers because they're not unionized. I also think all reasonable people would realize it's not reasonable to kill the union protesters despite what their anonymous internet bluster indicates. Maybe we can all be productive and contact police / councilmen to make sure that they understand whether or not we support unions in general that we do not think these tactics are acceptable.

24. Titus

Titus Well-Known Member

:thumbsup:

25. CHIOSSO

well said.

26. jizay

jizay Well-Known Member

Gee union, thanks for the post! You know, before you joined the thread to play the "adult" no one had ever tried or thought of trying these things. But now that everyone will be taking your advice, the council and PPD will become aware that residents actually don't like a gang of 50 thugs hanging out at an intersection using violence and intimidation. Once they become aware of this problem that has been occurring for months and has been all over the news and in the courts, I'm sure they'll shift from their unofficial policy of doing nothing and actually make sure these several unions keep their distance and don't disrupt the job and the neighbors.

/THREAD

27. unionspaghetti

I'm glad you see my postings as adult. And yes, if everyone who viewed this thread contacted their councilman and the Mayor and every time we saw an incident around the site we reported it this situation would change. It's not a matter of awareness, it's a matter of political pressure. All councilmen know about the situation they just think the constituents who care are those protesting. Let them know whether or not you value unions that you value law and order.

28. jizay

jizay Well-Known Member

The political support of unions is absolutely crucial to political survival in this city. It's what helps these guys keep the lockdown on power. Council is in their pocket 100%. They could give a crap about you or I, because we can't do for them what the unions can. That's the beginning and end of the analysis of why these guys are being allowed to break the law on a daily basis. By all means, please do contact your councilman. But don't expect that the city will suddenly take these guys on after letting them run wild for decades.

29. JakeL

JakeL Well-Known Member

Shall we protest a protest?

30. phillyfree

phillyfree Member

The best way to handle this is start taking back the leadership positions who do not encourage and support this type of thug activity. Start with the founder of the Carpenters Union Bob Brady and you can see that you problem (while many more people) is not unlike many others in the city - Congressman Bob Brady for Retirement - Carpenters Union