types of businesses for Fishtown

Discussion in 'Fishtown / Northern Liberties / Kensington / Port ' started by kiddo215, Jan 5, 2017.

1. kiddo215

kiddo215 New Member

with all the developments happening in and around the neighborhood, what types of businesses do you guys think would serve the community well? Or what types of businesses would you guys personally like to see come in?

brewery pubs, venues, restaurants, co-working spaces, studios, etc.

2. New2Fishtown

New2Fishtown Well-Known Member

There was talk of a cheese shop coming to the neighborhood awhile back. I think that would do quite well, as would other specialty food merchants. I think the population could more than support a more full service grocery store somewhere more in the thick of the neighborhood, but that would rely on a grocer operator who's ok with little or no parking (something like BFresh). The large space underneath the apartments next to City Fitness and the vacant lot(s) at Palmer Park come to mind as places where such a grocer could operate. There are likely spaces under the el well suited to this as well.

Outside of food, I'd love a hardware store. The one on York is quite good good (across from Planet Fitness) but not as easy to reach for those of us towards the "bottom" of the neighborhood.

3. sgalla04

sgalla04 Member

I had thought of where could Di Bruno Bros setup another location and I think Fishtown would serve it well.

I also think that a daycare might be in order soon. I know Playarts located on Front St. just opened, but they are more like a 2 hour baby sitting service that educates and provides a social setting for children. I wonder if they will expand to offer full-day service or if a daycare facility will move into the area.

4. thetalkingmule

thetalkingmule Well-Known Member

In about 18-24 months they need to think about booting the ACME/Dollar Store trainwreck and bringing in a two floor Whole Foods. Maybe incorporate the rehab parcel as well.