Thieves

Discussion in 'West Philadelphia / University City' started by boognish, Jun 28, 2018.

1. boognish

boognish Well-Known Member

Just a quick reminder that there are still plenty of crimes of opportunity happening every day in the UCity/Spruce Hill/Cedar Park neighborhoods. I caught a guy walking down the alley between my house and the next two days ago. He was obviously looking to boost some stuff. And this was at 5:30pm when I was heading out to pick up my kid from day care. He did not like me calling him out at all (I have to admit his insults were pretty funny although mostly homophobic), and it only ended with me on the phone to the cops with a baseball bat in my hands.

We installed a series of video cameras around our property after a rash of package thefts in February. Just a shout-out to keep things locked up and to use your best street sense. I live in Spruce Hill, and honestly, this neighborhood has never been better since I moved here in the '90's, but hey, stuff happens.

fiveomar likes this.
  2. boognish

Just got an email from the Spruce Hill Homeowner's Association: there's a group of thieves stealing stained glass from houses. FYI.

fiveomar likes this.
  3. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

Grrrrr...and with this godawful DA, forget about any significant results.

fiveomar likes this.
  4. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

5. boognish

Nice. A lot cheaper than my Arlo 2 system (which incidentally is something like 47% off today...grrrrrrrrr)