the man who duped City Hall a must read

Discussion in 'Mt. Airy / Chestnut Hill / Germantown' started by jazzcat, Sep 25, 2010.

1. jazzcat

jazzcat Well-Known Member

"Wearing a black overcoat and bowler, Freeman left the court in the company of David Yurky, a legislative aide to City Councilwoman Donna Reed Miller, a longtime advocate of Settlement. "Well, David," Freeman could be heard saying as the pair disappeared down the hallway, "it is all over."

2. ArcticSplash

ArcticSplash Dixie Normus

Good riddance!

3. sputnik

sputnik Well-Known Member

"Wearing a black overcoat and bowler, Freeman left the court in the company of David Yurky, a legislative aide to City Councilwoman Donna Reed Miller, a longtime advocate of Settlement. "Well, David," Freeman could be heard saying as the pair disappeared down the hallway, "it is all over."

A black bowler? Just like the robber barons he emulated.

A dandy to the end.

4. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

You know Meat, it won't truly be "good riddance" until a number of the people that empowered him to do what he did are gone as well.

5. ArcticSplash

ArcticSplash Dixie Normus

That would mean getting rid of PCDC and DRM. Tough nut to crack. PCDC could be starved to death, but DRM is even harder to get rid of. She's got a fanbase that has sealed a deal with the devil and they sold their souls down the Schuylkill river a long time ago.

6. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

I thought DRM was really retiring and not doing the fake "retire, take my DROP, and come back" retire? Am I wrong? But I also mean the rest of the unholy crew that knew what he was doing and turned a blind eye.

7. thoth

thoth I LOOK LIKE THIS

Do you mean PIDC? PCDC effectively ceased to exist a few years ago. Commerce absorbed a lot of it's actual functions, PIDC getting most of it's staff and whatever funding was left over.