The Danger of Ignornant Presidents

Discussion in 'National' started by MackeyDingo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Bixbyte

Bixbyte Well-Known Member

The Only President I know that can take a vacation and raise a Trumptastrophe! :p

2. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

MackeyDingo likes this.
  3. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

4. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

5. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

6. MackeyDingo

On ignorant nationalists (there are no other kinds)

"Mr McCain was applauded as he said: 'To fear the world we have organised and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain the last best hope of Earth for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.

'We live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil,' he continued.

'We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably powerful and wealthy as we did.'"

7. MackeyDingo

“Indeed, Trump has made most of his climate, health, energy and economic decisions without consulting any scientists, without inviting into the White House a broad range of experts, without putting forth his own clear-cut alternatives to the systems he’s unraveling, without having at the ready a team of aides or a political coalition able to implement any alternatives and without a strategic framework that connects all of his dots....

“But I am equally open to the possibility that unraveling all of these big systems at once — health, energy, geopolitics — without a clear plan or a capable team will set in motion chain reactions, some of them long term, that Trump has not thought through in the least. Moreover, when you break big systems, which, albeit imperfectly, have stabilized regions, environments or industries for decades, it can be very difficult to restore them.”

The Trump Doctrine
    Opinion | The Trump Doctrine
    Opinion | The Trump Doctrine

8. Bixbyte

MOST IGNORANT PUPPET PREZ IN MODERN HISTORY TAKES A SWIPE AT TRUMP. :p

Steve Bannon: “There Has Not Been a More Destructive Presidency Than George Bush’s”

Steve Bannon is continuing his self-declared war on the Republican establishment and delivered a particularly withering takedown of former president George W. Bush on Friday night, characterizing him as a puppet who follows orders and has no idea what’s going on. “He has no earthly idea of whether he's coming or going, just like when he was president,” Bannon said.

9. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

MackeyDingo, enyo and Jayfar like this.
  10. MackeyDingo

This is a great article from a former scream-from-the-rafters Trump supporter. He likened Trump to Pericles, hero warrior and statesman of ancient Greece, supporter of the arts, and the person credited with creating the Grecian empire from a loose collection of cooperating city-states. I know, that's beyond a stretch and wandering into the territory of fantasy.

But now, he's got a lot to say that actually relates to reality. Some of which I can agree with.

Why I Have Given Up on Trumpism

"One factor was the increasingly surreal commentary that surrounds the whole enterprise of Trumpism. I have found that many of those discussing it would say the most bizarre things. At the end of the day, I simply could not reconcile what was being put forth under the banner of Trumpism with the political and social realities I saw operating all around me.

Everywhere I looked, I saw a vertiginous disconnection between what was described as Trumpism and what was actually happening. Eventually, the cacophony of cognitive dissonance was just too deafening. I realized that I could no longer support Trumpism."

The photo below is the literal embodiment of Trumpism, in his view.

catunicorn2-1024x576.jpg

enyo likes this.
  11. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Spoiler alert: But the author of the piece still supports Trump. Oh well. :confused:

MackeyDingo likes this.
  12. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

Yeah I was about to say, I'm not sure this is what you think it is. He's just saying Trump has no ideology, so there can be no "Trumpism". He doesn't actually say much of anything, really.

enyo and MackeyDingo like this.
  13. Tartan69

You're overthinking this. Trumpism is a populist reaction against what the proletariat perceives as an entrenched establishment that is only worried about benefiting themselves. And HRC was the embodiment of that. Trump is in essence a giant middle finger.

That's it. There's no coherent idealism whatsoever beyond that, especially when it comes to Trump himself. There are side issues that happen to align, such as immigration...but if you step back and look at the big picture, Trump is just doing his normal opportunist thing. He's not an idealist. Should not be surprising given how he made his money. To that point, I am not convinced that he isn't also part of the establishment no matter what rhetoric he spews. True populists aren't billionaire real estate developers from NYC.

MackeyDingo likes this.
  14. MackeyDingo

I think you guys (Polit, Jay) are right. Looking back, I may have let my affinity for armed cats riding unicorns to get ahead of me.

Tartan, yes, I think youre probably right.

15. Tartan69

To be fair, it's a pretty kickass picture

Jayfar and MackeyDingo like this.
  16. Elliott87

Elliott87 Active Member

I always likened Trump to Pericles brother, Testiclees. (not sure of the Greek spelling though, may be one to many vowels)

MackeyDingo likes this.
  17. Tartan69

18. Phil.A.Delphia

19. Bixbyte