The Danger of Ignornant Presidents

Discussion in 'National' started by MackeyDingo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Bixbyte

Bixbyte Well-Known Member

Great IDEAS TO SAVE MONEY BY TRUMP
    Save US Citizens $3 Billion used to power a couple forklifts! :

Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy

The EERE works "to create and sustain American leadership in the transition to a global clean energy economy." What does that look like? In one recent demonstration project, the EERE helped a South Carolina-based BMW plant use bio-methane gas from a nearby landfill to power some forklifts.

2. enyo

enyo Well-Known Member

If below is true it sounds like a dumb move.

To date, third-party evaluations have assessed one-third of EERE's research and development portfolio and found that an EERE taxpayer investment of $12 billion has already yielded an estimated net economic benefit to the United States of more than $230 billion, with an overall annual return on investment of more than 20%.

STRATEGIC GOALS
    EERE aims to achieve the following strategic goals:

1. Accelerate the development and adoption of sustainable transportation technologies.
      Through improvements in engine efficiency, vehicle weight reduction, battery performance, drop-in biofuels, fuel cell performance, and reduced biofuel and hydrogen production costs, EERE can meet this goal. This includes supporting advanced vehicles and alternative fuels.
    2. Increase the generation of electric power from renewable sources.
      Through reducing the cost of hydropower and solar, wind, wave and tidal, and geothermal power, EERE can increase renewable generation.

3. Improve the energy efficiency of our homes, buildings, and industries.
      EERE has set milestones for providing energy savings of 25%–50% by 2020–2030. By developing new materials, technologies and processes for American homes, buildings, and industry, EERE will implement minimum energy performance standards, improve building energy codes, and support home weatherization.

4. Stimulate the growth of a thriving domestic clean energy manufacturing industry.
      Through reducing the life-cycle energy consumption of EERE-targeted manufactured goods by 50% by 2025, EERE will encourage the manufacture of clean energy technologies in the United States.

5. Enable the integration of clean energy into a reliable, resilient, and efficient electricity grid.
      Through new grid-support technologies, as well as standards, test procedures, sensors, communication protocols, cyber security, and resilience these technologies need, EERE can meet clean energy goals.

6. Lead efforts to improve federal sustainability and implementation of clean energy solutions.
      Through EERE technical support to all federal agencies and federal agency access to third-party financing, EERE can help federal agencies to be early leaders in deploying clean energy.

7. Enable a high-performing, results-driven culture through effective management approaches and processes.
      Through enhancing and maintaining EERE's workforce and establishing clear plans to deliver on EERE's mission, the organization will see a high-performing culture.

About the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy | Department of Energy

3. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

So, just today, Trump has flopped on china as a currency manipulator, and NATO is passe.

This week we have him flipping on involvement in foreign wars.

Obviously Obamacare wasn't repealed.

We have a shit ton of Goldman folks on the payroll.

He has no guiding policy principles because he has zero knowledge of these issues and has not thought about them at all.

Ask me for links to support these claims.

4. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

You're right, he's flopping like a fish, no supporting links needed. Although I'm not quite convinced it is due to zero knowledge, but my hunch is that he's been co-opted by the neo-cons/establishment agenda. Always keep in mind the guy was never an idealist...he's an opportunist. I've been saying that from day 1.

wollstonecraft likes this.
  5. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

6. MackeyDingo

7. Templeton

8. Bixbyte

Trump says N. Korea 'will be taken care of'
    US President Donald Trump vowed Thursday that the "problem" of North Korea "will be taken care of," as speculation mounted that Pyongyang might be preparing another nuclear or missile test.

"North Korea is a problem, the problem will be taken care of," Trump told reporters.

Separately on Twitter he expressed confidence China, Pyongyang's sole ally, would "properly deal with North Korea."

But, "if they are unable to do so, the U.S., with its allies, will! U.S.A."

The ominous comments came the same day Trump ordered the dropping of the biggest non-nuclear bomb the US military possesses on Afghanistan, targeting a complex used by the Islamic State group.

A US aircraft carrier and its naval strike group has been diverted to the Korean peninsula.

Trump also flexed his military muscle last week by ordering cruise missile strikes on a Syrian airbase the US believed was the origin of an alleged chemical weapons attack on civilians in a northern Syria town.

Trump says N. Korea 'will be taken care of'

9. wollstonecraft

wollstonecraft Well-Known Member

This barely controlled chaos cannot go on in the present fashion. Yet, it will go on until something or someone stops it.

10. MackeyDingo

vampyre927 likes this.
  11. MackeyDingo

His zero knowledge is plainly evident.

vampyre927 likes this.
  12. Tartan69

I disagree

13. MackeyDingo

I don't see how that's possible, even if you haven't been paying attention, simply based on the embedded links in this thread alone. But that's your take, so fair enough.

Lets try the inverse, can you please direct me to an example of his exhibiting knowledge on a subject related to presidential duties, governmental operation, geopolitics, history? (This would be by him and not his staff)

wollstonecraft and Templeton like this.
  14. Templeton

Increasingly republicans campaign on tough sounding 2-4 word slogans. Unfortunately their knowledge of the subjects is only 2-4 inches deep. Trump is the natural end result of this type of politicking.

15. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Who would u trust more to handle North Korea? Trump or Hillary Clinton? Trump brought China to the table and laid it out. Within days- china forces made unprecedented military moves against N Korea. Why? Because we now have a President with balls.

Bixbyte likes this.
  16. Bixbyte

Trump had a serious talk with China here are the results:

Gas stations in North Korea's main city restrict services, speculation that China is reducing supply

Gas stations in North Korea's main city restrict services, speculation that China is reducing supply

vampyre927 and Cya like this.
  17. MackeyDingo

Over the course of the past few days , Trump has given interviews which were so fucking bizarre that they have led people to openly wonder if the president is suffering from an acute mental decline.

According to presidential historian Douglas Brinkley, Monday was an unprecedented display of unpresidential behavior. “It seems to be among the most bizarre recent 24 hours in American presidential history,” Brinkley told POLITICO of Trump’s multiple media appearances. “It was all just surreal disarray and a confused mental state from the president.”

There's really too many to do a full accounting (I really should just quit my job and go full time on this shit) but here are some highlights:

Trump demonstrates his air-tight knowledge of ala carte reality by Trump-Splainin' the Civil War. “The Civil War, if you think about it, why? People don’t ask the question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?”
    (This is probably the most studied question about the civil war. So, people DO ask the question, and have for over a century.)
    “I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn’t have had the Civil War,” said the president. “He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said “There’s no reason for this.’ ”
    (Andrew Jackson dies 15 years prior to the start of the Civil War, and was a southern slaveowner.)

Asked about whether he stands by his claim that Obama "tapped" his phone, T-Bone said, "I don't stand by anything."
    (This is what we've been trying to tell you Trumpsters. He will fuck you over, along with the rest of us, as soon as it suits him.)

Last week Trump said a mojor conflict with N. Korea is likely, this week he would be honored to meet with perhaps the most ruthless dictator in power today. A man who had his uncle (not fed to dogs, we had to be told, since that is completely within the realm of possibility with this guy) tied up and shot point blank with an anti aircraft gun. He also had his defense minister killed the same way...for napping. A country that has 80,000-120,000 political prisoners.

Inviting Duterte to the White House. This guy has killed 9,000 people using summary execution by roving death squads. Though he also claimed to have pulled trigger a few times himself.
    (Duterte apparently said he is too busy meeting with China to visit the White House. Those people aren't going to execute themselves!!!)

#197 MackeyDingo, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    vampyre927 likes this.
  18. Bixbyte

Weekend Humor
    Alec Baldwin Trump-Off on The Conan Show

vampyre927 and Jayfar like this.
  19. wollstonecraft

wollstonecraft Well-Known Member

I go round in circles thinking about this mess, and I keep coming back to this. Enough people voted for him for him to be able to get into office. IMO the last time American voters as a group showed much common sense was when Lyndon Johnson beat Barry Goldwater in a landslide. And far as I'm concerned, those people who used such bad judgment are accomplices in the damage 45 and the GOP are doing. The GOP base will never blame their heroes for any consequences brought on by the GOP or by 45. Conservative talking heads tell them that their problems will always, always be the fault of the left, the Democrats, The New York Times, Barack Obama, "Killary," and the other usual targets.

So now we have a "health care" plan of 45s that's passed the approval of the lower Duma, voted for by any number of people who didn't read the law.

And I'm back to square one. People vote for these carbon based life forms.

MackeyDingo likes this.
  20. MackeyDingo

21. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

I'd say this strategy is leaving something to be desired, given that North Korea keeps testing longer and longer range missiles, including one today that successfully reached a landing area nearly 500 miles away.

Guess what's closer to N. Korean than 500 miles ... South Korea, China, and .... yes, several U.S. military bases.

vampyre927 likes this.
  22. Big Irish

Big Irish Well-Known Member

And Russia. Putin is now anxious over NK missiles & he's telling Trump not to antagonize NK. Of course with all his other problems I'm sure Trump's administration would like nothing more than a conflict to divert attention because ... 'Merica!

vampyre927 likes this.
  23. Jayfar

Jayfar Junior Old Fart

Yikes!

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador | Washington Post

MackeyDingo and enyo like this.
  24. Big Irish

Big Irish Well-Known Member

And the dumpster fire reaches yet another alarm. One self-inflicted crisis followed by another followed by yet another ad infinitum. America held hostage, day 116.

enyo likes this.
  25. enyo

enyo Well-Known Member

26. Jayfar

Jayfar Junior Old Fart

27. Jayfar

Jayfar Junior Old Fart

28. MackeyDingo

In your opinion is his ignorance self evident yet?

29. Tartan69

I don't think he's ignorant. I think he has an immense ego and a big mouth with no filter, and can't help himself when he wants to spout off about things. The unforced errors in this Comey situation is an example. But I do think he has a strategy most of the time.

Be he right or wrong, suggest you underestimate the guy at your peril.

Cya likes this.
  30. Tartan69