Surprise! Another Corrupt Philly Politician

Discussion in 'Local and State' started by Tedk, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter

Aide pleads guilty, says Brady campaign paid primary challenger to quit

"Asked if her husband ever mentioned the FBI investigation, Florence Farinella said: “Whatever happened with that, I have no idea. My husband and Bob [Brady] said the less I know, the better off I am. In case it goes any further.”

Maybe the time has finally come to unseat the Don of the Philadelphia Democratic Machine.

2. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter

Sources: Ex-Philly Mayor Goode was witness whom feds say Brady tried to influence

"Former Philadelphia Mayor W. Wilson Goode Sr. was the potential witness whom federal prosecutors say U.S. Rep. Robert Brady tried to influence as they probed an alleged $90,000 payoff the congressman paid a 2012 Democratic primary challenger to drop out of the race, according to three sources familiar with the matter."

This payoff and purported witness manipulation occurred in 2012. It is now 2017. Can someone tell me why it takes five years for the feds to expose this corruption and begin a potential prosecution.

fiveomar and vampyre927 like this.
  3. vampyre927

vampyre927 Well-Known Member

Because the Feds-Brady are protecting Wilson...Da FIREBUG!! Burn MOFOS BURN!!!

4. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter

5. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter

Hospitalitygirl and Tartan69 like this.
  6. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

7. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Although Johnson has an inertial advantage of incumbency, and soundly beat challenger Ori Feibush in 2015, note that he won the 2011 primary for the seat by a slender 46 vote margin, per philly.com:

State Rep. Kenyatta Johnson has defeated real estate broker Barbara Capozzi in the Democratic primary election for City Council's 2nd District seat, both camps have confirmed. Johnson won with just a 46-vote margin in a four-way race with more than 16,000 votes cast.

One candidate had already announced for the 2nd District 2019 primary back in August and has generated a lot of enthusiasm in several local facebook groups. She's not a developer, but I have no idea of her religion or whether that much matters.

Lauren Vidas running against Philly City Councilman Kenyatta Johnson | CityandStatePA.com

Vidas, who filed campaign paperwork last week, said she would run on a platform aimed at staunching growing economic inequality in the district.

“You hear about this red-hot economy but people are wondering why their wages are so low and their housing is getting more expensive. There doesn’t seem to be a plan to address that,” she said.

Vidas has a long history in the chamber – she served as a legislative aide to former Council member Bill Green, helping to successfully file suit against her future boss after Nutter sought the closure of numerous libraries as a cost-cutting mechanism. She said the suit “put her on the mayor’s radar” and she would later take a job under Nutter’s finance chief, Rob Dubow.

After leaving the Nutter administration, she worked for years as a lobbyist alongside her father, Ed Hazzouri, at the eponymous firm they co-founded in 2013, and later served on Mayor Jim Kenney’s transition team. Until leaving the position last week to campaign full-time, she managed East Coast client relationships for the government advising firm PFM.

Hazzouri had long handled lobbying efforts for the politically influential law firm Cozen O’Connor. Vidas said her father would play a minimal role in her campaign.

#7 Jayfar, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  8. Tartan69

Interesting. I'm always going to like an outsider like Feibush in these types of races, but even an establishment insider like Vidas is most likely a far better option than the clearly-corrupt poverty pimp Kenyatta. Although ultimately its not my district so I don't get a vote...

9. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

She's one of the growing cadres of prog pols who are pushing this city ever more Left. yay...........................

Burholme06 and fiveomar like this.
  10. Tartan69

Is that better or worse than outright corruption and poverty pimping? I'm honestly not sure. At least if the Leftist policies are non-corrupt, there's sunlight on them to show the world that they don't work (which inevitably happens). The corrupt stuff happens behind closed doors and thus make it easy to deflect blame and continue the charade.

11. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

In some ways worse because the progs play right into the hands of the ghouls and won't question it because they're all so woke.

O.H. Lee, Tartan69 and fiveomar like this.
  12. Tartan69

Fair point. There are the occasional ones that garner respect by not buying into the wokeness and calling out the ghouls, although a good chunk of those tend to be civil libertarians like Alan Dershowitz.

Hospitalitygirl and fiveomar like this.
  13. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter

Hospitalitygirl likes this.