Sheriff Williams accused sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Local and State' started by Bixbyte, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Bixbyte

Bixbyte Well-Known Member

Philadelphia Sheriff Jewell Williams accused of sexual harassment

An employee of the Philadelphia Sheriff’s Office contends in a lawsuit that Sheriff Jewell Williams repeatedly sexually harassed her, openly discussing his genitalia and hers, and smeared her name around the office as a “home wrecker” and “whore” after she rebuffed his advances and began dating another employee.

vamprye927 likes this.
  2. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

For the second time, I think, to make matters worse.

He's the same guy who wanted a loaded Charger as his "work" car and threw a hissy fit because he didn't get it.

DCnPhilly, vamprye927 and fiveomar like this.
  3. boognish

boognish Well-Known Member

At this point of my 20 years of Philadelphia living, I'm not even phased by news like this.

When I was in college, I worked for a US Senator in his Harrisburg office: I was completely blown away by not only the incompetence, but by the overt corruption. It single-handedly crushed my naive view on politics.

For the record, the Senator himself seemed like a really nice guy who genuinely cared, but the institution around him made House of Cards look like a utopian dream.

4. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter

Williams, who was first elected in 2011, also on the promise of reform, got off to a bad start when his campaign sent letters to subordinates asking them to contribute to his political campaign fund. The Inquirer reported that employees who contributed to Williams’ campaign fund also were the top recipients of lucrative overtime assignments.
    The sheriff handed out more than $1 million in contracts without competitive bidding.
    Last year, the city Ethics Board censured Williams for accepting $1,000 from the late Councilman James Tayoun’s newspaper, the Public Record, which publishes Sheriff’s Office advertising.

If Philly's Sheriff's Office can't reform, maybe it should die | Editorial

But this is Philadelphia so it's only fitting that...
    ‘PUBLIC SERVANT OF THE YEAR’ JEWELL WILLIAMS: When A New Sheriff Came To Town | Philadelphia Public Record

5. Tedk

Tedk Bean Counter