Russians for Trump

Discussion in 'National' started by MackeyDingo, Sep 26, 2016.

1. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

2. MackeyDingo

I'm sure you'd like to be taken seriously, but you make statements like this. After a 1 second google search I found the following. There is much more, but I’m sure you won’t argue in good faith the facts presented before you so...

1. June 2016: “It was the D.N.C. that did the ‘hacking.’”
    2. Sept. 26 — At the first presidential debate, Trump discounts reports that Russia is behind the computer hacks targeting Democrats. “I don’t think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC,” Trump says. “She’s saying Russia, Russia, Russia, but I don’t — maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK?”
    3. October 2016: At the second presidential debate, Clinton notes that “our intelligence community just came out and said in the last few days that the Kremlin, meaning Putin and the Russian government, are directing the attacks … to influence our election.” Trump responds: “I notice any time anything wrong happens they like to say, the Russians, the Russians — she doesn’t know it’s the Russians doing the hacking, maybe there is no hacking. But they always blame Russia.”
    4. October 2016: At the third and final debate, Trump again refuses to accept the U.S. intelligence community’s assessment that Russia was responsible for stealing emails of Democratic Party committees and officials. “She has no idea whether it’s Russia, China, or anybody else,” Trump says of Clinton. When Clinton interrupted to say it was the opinion of 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia was behind the hacking, Trump responded: “And our country has no idea.”
    5. December 2016: “I don’t believe they interfered. That became a laughing point, not a talking point, a laughing point.”
    6. January 2017: In a tweet, Trump repeats WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s denial that he received hacked DNC emails from Russia: “Julian Assange said ‘a 14 year old could have hacked Podesta’ – why was DNC so careless? Also said Russians did not give him the info!”
    7. May: “If Russia did anything having to do with our election, I want to know about it.”
    8. July: “Somebody did say if he did do it, you wouldn’t have found out about it.”
    9. November: “Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ I think he’s very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don’t forget, all he said is he never did that, he didn’t do that. I think he’s very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

In His Own Words: Trump on Russian Meddling - FactCheck.org

Trump Falsely Claims, ‘I Never Said Russia Did Not Meddle’

#482 MackeyDingo, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  3. Phil.A.Delphia

Phil.A.Delphia Active Member

4. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Rick Gates, Trump Campaign Aide, to Plead Guilty in Mueller Inquiry and Cooperate | NYTimes.com

WASHINGTON — A former top adviser to Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign indicted by the special counsel was expected to plead guilty as soon as Friday afternoon, according to two people familiar with his plea agreement, a move that signals he is cooperating with the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

The adviser, Rick Gates, is a longtime political consultant who once served as Mr. Trump’s deputy campaign chairman. The plea deal could be a significant development in the investigation — a sign that Mr. Gates plans to offer incriminating information against his longtime associate and the former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, or other members of the Trump campaign in exchange for a lighter punishment.

The deal comes as the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has been raising pressure on Mr. Gates and Mr. Manafort with dozens of new charges of money laundering and bank fraud that were unsealed on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. Mr. Mueller first indicted both men in October, and both pleaded not guilty.

[snip]​

5. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

6. MackeyDingo

that was perhaps one of the best articles of his presidency so far. very detailed. very good.

another very very good one was the Atlantic article, “Paul Manafort, American hustler.”

to my knowledge, there are ZERO articles as well cited and detailed as these that refute any of these scandals. why don’t Trumpers do real journalism?

7. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

There is NO PROOF, remember?

MackeyDingo likes this.
  8. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

Everyone needs to read that Atlantic article on Manfort. And, you're right, no one has refuted it. Hmmm.

MackeyDingo likes this.
  9. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

FAKE NEWS!!!

(There, I just refuted it. See how easy that was?)

10. OldMama

That's about how it works!

11. MackeyDingo

Trump’s fan’s plans: we will fix what’s wrong with our country and be great again by grievance mongering and trolling.

oh you don’t like tariffs? WE ARE DOING TARIFFS!!!

#491 MackeyDingo, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  12. MackeyDingo

Not sure how this is supposed to provide closure when the majority political party denies the minority party any input on the result of the investigation into the majority party's conspiracy against the united states. Didn't talk to Manafort. Didn't talk to Gates. Didn't talk to Popadopolous (sp?) etc

but yeah, freedom and liberty for all. and stuff.

Republicans on House panel, excluding Democrats’ input, say there’s no evidence of Russia collusion

There may not have been any collusion. It may be true that Trump's judgement is just so bad that they took meetings with Russians in Trump tower with the promise of help from the Russian government in the form of stolen emails and undermining the other candidate for president of the united states. I doubt that, but it might be true. in which case the Trumps are really just too stupid to be president.

But this type of report, that denies input from half the committee, isn't going to convince anyone. I'll wait for the Mueller report. If its allowed to be released.

#492 MackeyDingo, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  13. Politburo

Can't find any evidence if you don't look

[​IMG]

14. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

The findings are part of a 150-page draft report that Rep. K. Michael Conaway (R-Tex.), who oversees the committee’s Russia probe, announced on Monday. It will probably be weeks before the document is made public.

“We’ve found no evidence of collusion,” Conaway told reporters Monday. He noted that the worst the panel uncovered was “perhaps some bad judgment, inappropriate meetings, inappropriate judgment at taking meetings” — such as a June 2016 gathering at Trump Tower in New York City between members of the Trump campaign and a Russian lawyer. Conaway said that meeting “shouldn’t have happened, no doubt about that.”

“But only Tom Clancy or Vince Flynn or someone else like that could take this series of inadvertent contacts with each other, meetings, whatever, and weave that into some sort of a fiction, page-turner spy thriller,” Conaway said. “We’re not dealing in fiction, we’re dealing in facts, and we found no evidence of any collusion.”

[snip]​

Who doesn't know that truth is oh so much stranger than fiction. Duh!!!

15. Politburo

Yesterday Tillerson said Russia was behind the UK poisoning

Today he is fired

16. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

17. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

18. OldMama

How does one have an inadvertent contact in a place like the Seychelles???

wollstonecraft likes this.
  19. MackeyDingo

completely off the rails but still traveling at full speed. if anything we’ve actually sped up.
    not easy to do.
    perhaps we’ve gone off a cliff?

20. wollstonecraft

wollstonecraft Well-Known Member

I also strongly recommend following Seth Abramson. I follow him on Twitter. Even if you're turned off by Twitter, I recommend joining just to follow him. He posts in a string of tweets, but usually an unrolled thread appears of the tweets in the form of one web site and that's much easier to read. I've learned a lot from following him.

This is only a very brief discussion of some of the facts and legal issues. I strongly recommend reviewing Seth Abramson's work as he is detailed and documents, step-by-step, how he reaches his conclusions.[/QUOTE]

MackeyDingo likes this.
  21. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Trump Administration Sanctions Russians for Election Meddling and Cyberattacks | NYTimes.com

Statement from Treasury Department; I don't think Trump himself has actually spoken on these sanctions.

“The administration is confronting and countering malign Russian cyberactivity, including their attempted interference in U.S. elections, destructive cyberattacks, and intrusions targeting critical infrastructure,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement. “These targeted sanctions are a part of a broader effort to address the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia.”

MackeyDingo likes this.
  22. MackeyDingo

In June, congress passed a law that REQUIRED the executive to impose sanctions. Trump did the minimum. And based the sanctions on Mueller's indictments. This wasn't Trump deciding it was time to acknowledge what his defense institution appointees have testified under oath about.

wollstonecraft likes this.
  23. Politburo

McCabe fired, says it's due to Mueller investigation:

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said. "It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."

Embattled former FBI deputy says he 'never misled' Justice investigators - CNNPolitics

24. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

25. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Facebook Executive Planning to Leave Company Amid Disinformation Backlash | NYTimes.com

As Facebook grapples with a backlash over its role in spreading disinformation, an internal dispute over how to handle the threat and the public outcry is resulting in the departure of a senior executive.

The impending exit of that executive — Alex Stamos, Facebook’s chief information security officer — reflects heightened leadership tension at the top of the social network. Much of the internal disagreement is rooted in how much Facebook should publicly share about how nation states misused the platform and debate over organizational changes in the run-up to the 2018 midterm elections, according to current and former employees briefed on the matter.

Mr. Stamos, who plans to leave Facebook by August, had advocated more disclosure around Russian interference of the platform and some restructuring to better address the issues, but was met with resistance by colleagues, said the current and former employees. In December, Mr. Stamos’ day-to-day responsibilities were reassigned to others, they said.

Mr. Stamos said he would leave Facebook but was persuaded to stay through August to oversee the transition of his responsibilities and because executives thought his departure would look bad, the people said.

[snip]​

26. MackeyDingo

Just an odd thing for an oil company to want to understand. How to target American voters. And such a coincidence (ANOTHER!) that its the same firm run by Bannon, and the ran Trumps online campaign. COINCIDENCE!!

Cambridge Analytica, which advised the Trump campaign. The firms’ employees, who often overlap, had contact in 2014 and 2015 with executives from Lukoil, the Russian oil giant.

Lukoil was interested in how data was used to target American voters, according to two former company insiders who said there were at least three meetings with Lukoil executives in London and Turkey. SCL and Lukoil denied that the talks were political in nature, and SCL also said there were no meetings in London.

The contacts took place as Cambridge Analytica was building a roster of Republican clients in the United States — and harvesting the Facebook profiles of over 50 million users to develop tools to analyze voters’ behavior.
    Data Firm Tied to Trump Campaign Talked Business With Russians

27. MackeyDingo

The Deep State Controls Government Policy in US, Most Americans Believe in New Poll
    74% of Americans polled believe a deep state controls and manipulates government decision making.

“This is a worrisome finding. The strength of our government relies on public faith in protecting our freedoms, which is not particularly robust. And it’s not a Democratic or Republican issue. These concerns span the political spectrum,”​

28. Politburo

63% of respondents had not heard of the term 'deep state'. And then a near majority (47%) said that such a thing 'probably exists'. Only 27% said it 'definitely exists' (about the percentage I would expect).

So I don't know that this is a particularly meaningful finding. Most people hadn't heard of the idea, so they're first hearing about it in a one-sentence summary.. most of us, when presented with a new idea and no time to think or research, have been taught to think along the lines of "well maybe that's a thing, I don't know" and so your response would be "probably exists".

MackeyDingo likes this.
  29. Politburo

Trump congratulates Putin on "election" win, says nothing about UK killing.

In response to criticism, Sanders says "We don't get to dictate how other countries operate".