Philly DA Office is a Hot Mess

Discussion in 'Local and State' started by Jayfar, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

You can think how you want, and I will think as I wish--which seems to be borne out in practice.

McGillians0622 likes this.
  2. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

Be my guest if you wish to appear hypocritical.

3. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

Amazing ... now you're running your own little Infowars/Russian troll conspiracy factory here in Philly?

The police reaction was overreach and it is highly likely that prior DAs would have charged and prosecuted them for, at the very least, criminal trespass or resisting arrest (a favorite when there is no real crime to charge) -- despite the fact that there was no resistance. Given that the charges were dropped by Krasner's office, I would however agree with you that there was no prosecutorial overreach -- the entire point here.

4. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

Disagree on both points. The police were called by the manager of a store stating that two men were trespassing. It is not their job to determine whether or not the manager was applying store policy inconsistently. The men did not resist arrest, but they resisted leaving when asked to leave by the police. Failure to follow commands of law enforcement is going to get you in cuffs.

Agree on all these points. This is where Krasner's approach is good, although I see it as more of the proverbial broken clock.

It does certainly say a lot about how dysfunctional and unethical the DAs office is/has been. Krasner is somewhat of the Left's version of Trump -- a reactionary status quo breaking measure to systemic institutional problems.

fiveomar likes this.