Phillies 2010 Season

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Sports' started by lewblum, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mixiboi

mixiboi Philly Remixed

If everything goes the way it suppose to:

Read more: Phillies to open playoffs Wednesday; day-after lineup | Philly | 09/28/2010

I like how its closer to Halloween this time(Or now known as HallowF'NWeen)

2. sometimesilie

sometimesilie Rabble

I heard a stat on 1210 the other night that BJB has been 31-13 in August, September, and October from 2008 through this season. I like that 4 man rotation you have up.

3. sometimesilie

sometimesilie Rabble

Has anybody who entered the postseason ticket lottery heard that they've won? I know a few people who've gotten the "we're sorry to inform you that you suck" e-mail. The Phillies website still lists the notification date for winners as TBA. I wonder if I should be getting excited or what.

4. johnnie

johnnie F the Eagles

No word yet. I won for the NLCS last year and didnt hear until, if I remember correctly, a few days before game 5 so dont lose all hope.

5. salf

salf Well-Known Member

There's tons of tickets already on STUBHUB for sell, even for the (potentially) World Series home games.

How is that possible?, they already have tickets down to the seat number, who are these people? I would understand a bunch of them, but there's a lot!

Another thing, has anyone bought in advance like that before?, what happens if they don't make it to the NLCS or WS ?, do you get your money back?

6. johnnie

johnnie F the Eagles

Season and partial season ticket holders already have NLDS and NLCS tickets. If they dont make it to the NLCS the money goes towards our partial season tickets for nest year. I am guessing full season ticket holders already have their WS tickets too.

7. sometimesilie

sometimesilie Rabble

I'm pretty sure you get the money debited back to whatever card you had them take the ticket price out of.

Going to far upstate NY this weekend off the grid, but already gave my father all my login info so he's going to check and buy the tix just in case I win.

8. salf

salf Well-Known Member

Are you sure?, I mean that would be common sense and good business, but technically it isn't a cancellation, since the event in question isn't even certain to take place to begin with.

I've had concerts cancelled before and StubHub did refund my credit card, but this is different.

I'm interested in going to game 6 of the NLCS, but there's a chance (several actually) that the game will not even happen.

9. sometimesilie

sometimesilie Rabble

This scenario played out in 2007 with my friend after the Phillies got shot down in the first round. I'll ask him for specifics tomorrow when I see him.

10. RollinRox

RollinRox Well-Known Member

I have a partial season plan, and I already have my playoff tickets and WS tickets (one game per series). If any of the games do not happen, I can roll the money paid into next year's partial plan. The other option is to have the money refunded, minus a $25 (I think) processing fee.

11. sometimesilie

sometimesilie Rabble

My buddy said that they never charged his card for games that did not happen. There were no fees or anything else.

12. salf

salf Well-Known Member

good to know.

I contacted stubhub, they said that they would treat it as a cancellation, so they would pay the card back.

game 6 of the NLCS tickets start at 170$.

13. mixiboi

mixiboi Philly Remixed

Ugh, the Phillies beating the crap out of the Braves is making our Division playoff a headache not jsut for us, but for the Reds and Phillies...

If the Padres win and the Braves lose

The Braves are eliminated on Bobby Cox's final day as manager, and San Diego is declared West champion by virtue of head-to-head. The Padres would host Cincinnati in Game 1 of one NLDS on Thursday, and San Francisco would open Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park against the Phillies.

If the Braves win Sunday and the Padres lose
    The Giants are NL West champs and the Braves are the Wild Card. Atlanta would play at San Francisco in Game 1 of an NLDS on Thursday, and Cincinnati would open at Philadelphia.

NL two-way tie scenario
    If the Padres and Braves both lose on Sunday, then the Giants are NL West champs and the Padres and Braves will meet in a tiebreaker game on Monday at Turner Field.

NL three-way tie scenario
    If the Padres and Braves both win, then all three teams have identical 91-71 records. Step one is determining the division champion. San Francisco would play at San Diego on Monday to decide that one. The loser then plays at Turner Field on Tuesday to decide the Wild Card.

UGH...Tho I'd love to see a Three-Way Tie games...IT'd be fun in the Do or Die way.

14. Swinefeld

Swinefeld That was filthy!

I say let it end in a three way tie and let them fight to the death! The Phillies will still be sitting pretty with their horses well rested. At this point, I fear no team in baseball. Bring it on, bitches!

15. Hiki

Hiki Chaos Reigns

What's the headache for the Phillies? They've won, all's they have to do it wait it out and play whomever wins.

16. mixiboi

mixiboi Philly Remixed

Yeah, and that is a headache for Charlie Manuel as he is preparing for the Reds, but we may get the Padres or Giants.

17. Swinefeld

Let's go Phillies! Never say die!!!

18. PoopyHead

PoopyHead Proceed With Caution

Double steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Swinefeld

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies on a fantastic season! 97-65, best record in all of major league baseball.

Now, bring on the playoffs!

20. mixiboi

mixiboi Philly Remixed

Yeah, whoever they play, Wednesday is going to be fun...

21. Swinefeld

I just hope the weather cooperates.

22. mixiboi

mixiboi Philly Remixed

Yeah that was one thing I was looking at, Right now this weather pattern is setting it self up like 2008...But I think it'll be fine, a little wet, but fine.

23. eldondre

eldondre Well-Known Member

as it turned out all these years later, while the Phillies weren't believers in Happ, it was the Phillies themselves (or the front office) that we shouldn't have believed in. this ended up being one of many mistakes (though none compare to howard which is the worst deal of all time). he's still pitching good ball while oswalt's back turned out to be a problem

J.A. Happ could be what Phillies need at trade deadline | Bob Brookover

Nytecat and Hospitalitygirl like this.
  24. Nytecat

Nytecat Well-Known Member

The Phillies were on track for a winning record and a possible playoff spot in 2018. Now they're just 6 games over .500 and even that looks endangered. Yikes!