Peaceful Philadelphia neighborhood

Discussion in 'Fishtown / Northern Liberties / Kensington / Port ' started by ornerylead, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ornerylead

ornerylead Member

What's the most peaceful neighborhood for two seniors and a single white female? They're from New Jersey and are wanting a more or less the same atmosphere.

2. Christal Leveque

I'm not sure which could be best for them but the good neighborhoods at Philadelphia are Old City, Society Hill , Queen Village , Rittenhouse Square, Manayunk and, Chestnut Hill.

3. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

Not Manayunk. A much younger crowd. Roxborough would be better. East Falls as well.

Meann likes this.
  4. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

That's it? Haha. Keep going...

Pretty much anywhere between Girard Ave and Washington Ave, river to river, University City, and then the neighborhoods surrounding Wisshickon Creek are areas I would consider both good neighborhoods and aesthetically "nice".

But if they're looking for the New Jersey experience, they'll probably be best off in Northeast Philadelphia?

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  5. Meann

Meann Well-Known Member

Roxborough ... lived here for decades and still love it.

6. Scoats

Scoats Well-Known Member

We need more info.

Will they be keeping a car?

What do they want to be near?

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  7. ornerylead

ornerylead Member

I've looked into Roxborough and East Falls, and am inclined more into choosing Roxborough. This is actually a breath of fresh air for me as part of my therapy from Regain, to get away first and take on new responsibility and think things through before deciding to get serious again with my partner. I need to take care of my grandparents before I think of myself. It's actually doing me good. Will visit Roxborough very soon.

8. Christal Leveque

Roxborough is a good choice too. It is one of the wonderful neighborhoods in Philly.