No time for Collusion - We Are The CHAMPIONS of the World - Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'National' started by Phillyxpat, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

If you think Turtle is doing Trump's bidding rather than looking out for his own self-interest, I have a bridge to sell you...

Phillyxpat likes this.
  2. wollstonecraft

wollstonecraft Well-Known Member

I'm feeling more and more that McConnell is more dangerous to the country than the Demagogue-in-Chief. And Kushner is more dangerous than most realize.
    In fact, I don't think most people realize what a dangerous place we're in right now.

Elliott87 and Phillyxpat like this.
  3. Elliott87

Elliott87 Well-Known Member

Mueller loves his Fridays !!

4. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

5. Jeerleader

Jeerleader Left of the Right and Right of the Left

Mueller's report is going to be very thin . . . Mueller is sick and tired of being the center ring in the Democrat's circus of BS. He has no interest in continuing the circus or becoming a now public ringmaster, having his report become further fuel for loopy-leftie speculation and histrionics. Whether he calls out the Democrat's BS is an open question, perhaps turning over the pertinent info / evidence to the IG will satisfy him -- as his "find the Russian collusion" (LOL) mission is over.

This means of course the important report soon to drop is the IG's. That will have the juicy stuff; laying out the corruption and criminal misdeeds of the Obama administration and its DOJ, the collusion with foreign governments to destroy Trump as a candidate and President elect and its action in perverting and mutating the FBI's mission, making it a political attack machine to continue the Trump take-down after he was sworn in.

6. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Always Spring Break at Mar-a-Lago (approximate translation)

[​IMG]

7. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Voight and Huckabee Minstrel Act 2 B Installed At Kennedy Center.

[​IMG]

8. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Recommending Herman Cain for the Fed is kinda like recommending Kevin Spacey for pope? Cronyokracy in full view and now in full gear to "greatness".

9. wollstonecraft

wollstonecraft Well-Known Member

Does anyone else suspect this, that the Thug-in-Chief is nominating people with the goal that they'll "manage" (for want of a better word) or commandeer the economy in a way that will help him to be re-"elected" in 2020? I know very little about how economics work, and also, I don't credit him with much of an intellect, so maybe this makes no sense at all. Just a thought I had. Does he want to goose the economy so that it grows during the election year? I feel like this is the real beginning of his destruction of the global money market.

Stephen Moore has not written even one peer-reviewed research article related to interest rates—or anything economic at all.
    You don’t have to be an academic or have a PhD to serve at the Fed, but you do have to be an authoritative expert when it comes to understanding rates. Our country has thousands of such experts, and this is not one of them.

About his nominations and appointments in general, it makes sense when I keep in mind that this is a Bannon-driven goal to destroy the establishment. Those appointed are incompetent, and that isn't a bug, it's the design. They were put there to run that agency into the ground.

10. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

Republicans on Expertise:

[​IMG]

Jayfar and Elliott87 like this.
  11. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

12. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

With 5 acting (fake) Secretaries in the Trump Cabinet, Mike Pence only needs 6 of the remaining 10 Real Cabinet members to remove Trump via the 25 amendment?

Keep an "i" on Pence. LOL

13. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

[​IMG]

CNN: Sarah. Let me clarify the emperor's recent statement. Did he say something about the "oranges of coups" or was that about the "oranges of coupes"?

14. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

One can reach that interpretation, but the 25th amendment does not make clear how vacant positions count.. or in other words, whether it's a majority of those voting (6, if "actings" don't count), or a majority of the positions (8). Given the magnitude of such an action, I don't think you'd want to do it without 8.

Plus several of the "actings" aren't part of the 25th amendment gang. With Bernhardt's confirmation yesterday, only 2 of the 15 are "acting", Defense and DHS.

Pence isn't gonna do it anyway.

Phillyxpat likes this.
  15. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

John 1:46 - “Indiana! Can anything good come from there?” - Mike Pence?

[​IMG]

16. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Regarding Barr-Barr, Trump's Clown's Performance Today:

[​IMG]

17. Tartan69

Paging MackeyDingo. I'm still waiting.

18. Elliott87

Elliott87 Well-Known Member

Question, If I plan a bank robbery, do the research, gather conspirators, obtain weapons, and drive to the bank, but the cops were tipped off and arrest me before I get in, can I claim I am innocent because I never actually robbed the bank?

If Trump ordered the firing of Muller, but his people did not carry out the order, is he innocent of obstruction, If the prosecutor thinks the act of firing Muller would be considered obstruction? Is there an attempted obstruction charge?

Not trolling, this is an actual legal question.

19. Tartan69

Pretty sure that isn't a crime, but could possibly fall under some sort of conspiracy / RICO statute if there were additional factors. I am most certainly not an expert though.

The analogy is not applicable simply because Trump always had the legal right to fire Mueller at any time. There literally is no case for obstruction here, no matter how many on the Left whine about it. Politically right or wrong, the only legal remediation for him taking that step would have been at the polls.

But he didn't do it, so its a moot point. The goalposts keep moving of course...

20. Politburo

Do you mean no case for obstruction, specifically limited to the context of potentially firing Mueller; or no case for obstruction anywhere?

#200 Politburo, Apr 22, 2019 at 9:28 AM
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM
    Templeton likes this.
  21. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

I'm not a lawyer, but my readings indicate that it's not clear. Just because he had the legal right to fire Mueller, that doesn't mean that he couldn't be obstructing justice.

Let's take a wild example where a president was under investigation for conspiring with a traditional enemy, an investigation where the president had some exposure. So he fires the investigator to end the probe. Though he had a legal right to fire the investigator, his intent was obstruction.

22. Tartan69

Within the context of firing Mueller -- no obstruction. That was pretty clear even before the report was issued. There was a political and PR price to pay to do that...which undoubtedly is why he didn't do it...but there was never a legal one. In Templeton's example, the political price would most likely be impeachment followed by Congressional inquiry. But those steps would be taken in regards to the treasonous activities, not in regards to firing of a special counsel that reports up through the Executive branch.

Now outside of the firing context, I'm not sure yet. Leaning towards no obstruction, as I haven't heard a single real case yet for it yet...understanding there's a lot of detail to parse through and analyze. But again, we're moving the goalposts.

23. Politburo

Statements like this need to be supported, not just made with this assertion that everyone agrees. Why would Muller investigate such acts if it was so clear that they could never represent obstruction? A lot of obstructive acts are otherwise legal.

The report discusses this starting at pdf page 289: https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

Starting page 371, it discusses how the executive authority interpretation does not fit DOJ's understanding of the law.

You are correct that there is a lot of detail to go through. They did not take these matters lightly.

24. enyo

enyo Well-Known Member

25. enyo

enyo Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I tried that line of logic with a judge a long time ago.

"How can I attempt to transport alcohol that my friend failed to purchase?"

He said intent and attemp were equal under some legal definition.