No time for Collusion - We Are The CHAMPIONS of the World - Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'National' started by Phillyxpat, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

For a while I was worried that it was only Guns that betrayed us to Russia. Now thank God it is Guns and God - that good ole' backup line of the last legitimately elected POTUS btw - that presently gave away the chicken coop to the Russian Fox (Bear).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1080766/download

2. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Big Russian group anticipated for DC prayer breakfast - CNNPolitics

The National Prayer Breakfast is organized by the Fellowship Foundation, a nonprofit religious organization designed to bring together leaders from the political, religious and business realm, on behalf of the US Congress.

A. Larry Ross, a spokesman at the Fellowship Foundation, told CNN, "I can confirm that this year, the Breakfast will be attended by more than 3,800 individuals representing over 130 countries and territories around the world. Approximately 55 are coming from Russia, including a group of 35 young professionals -- millennial doctors, lawyers and business leaders in their 20s and 30s -- invited out of a context of relationship and faith."

Participants said they received invitations on behalf of the organization, but the foundation does not disclose publicly how its guest list is composed or vetted.

[​IMG]

"Oh you are a young (American) Christian Professional too! Let's network and correspond. Come see Russia too. Stay with us. No hotel bill. (No cameras?) - Do."

3. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

At this point this is an excuse, or tacitly admitting that Clinton and others were right. The President needs to be able to answer uncomfortable questions diplomatically. Whether it's attacking the question (it was fully loaded), changing the subject, saying words without really saying anything (he's very good at this), or just refusing to answer.. literally anything else would have been better.

Of course it was only him seeing negative reports on Fox that changed his mind. If it was Fox positive and everyone else negative he would have been delighted.

What is the big picture strategy wrt Russian interference?

4. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

New Red Curtains for the Oval Office now on order?

[​IMG]

5. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

My apologies. I grew up in the Cold War where the Russians and or Soviets were always about to fry us children of Philly/Harrowgate factory workers to a crisp for the sake of testosterone superiority on the global stage.

I still say that Trump was turned by the KGB @Penn with Carl from Romania with a good English accent helping Trump flip slumlord properties under pseudo names, signing and resigning quit claim deeds helping Trump look like more than half an idiot to KKK daddy Fred Trump. And the signatures all transcribed over fried clam strips at a weekly meeting at HoJo's. Oh the good old days!

[​IMG]

6. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Once a greasy fast food addict, always a greasy fast food addict? lol

[​IMG]

7. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

8. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

If anyone truly believes this stuff about Kavanaugh and that it isn't just political maneuvering to defame and delay, then you are out of your mind.

This is the kind of BS that harms the cases of those that have actually gone through this situation and truly need support and investigation.

9. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

So do you think she's making it up? Isn't it possible that her story is true and the democrats are using it for their political maneuvering?

enyo likes this.
  10. Tartan69

Oh certainly it is possible, but there is a known legal process to follow to prove that out, and she has purposely chosen not to follow it. In fact she's refusing to follow even the minimal of due process steps that Congress has asked her to do.

11. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

Without the FBI investigating the claim, how can we go beyond "he said, she said?" My tendency is to believe her but then again, I was the victim of sexual assault that I never talked about until the Me, Too movement. Telling my husband about the assault was not only difficult at the time but now I continue to revisit the incident now yearsafter I tried quite successfully to forget it. Now I can picture the seat I sat in on the bus, the dress I was wearing and what the man looked like, details I thought were long buried. No one chooses to dredge up these memories, believe me. It brings no closure, only anger.

wollstonecraft likes this.
  12. Politburo

No, *this* is the kind of BS that harms victims.

wollstonecraft and ShoshTrvls like this.
  13. Tartan69

Your level (or lack) of discourse grows tiresome

14. Politburo

Take a nap if you need to.

When it came to Trump and his campaign, you say we need to wait for the investigation to conclude.

When it comes to this matter, you are able to conclude - to the level of certainty where anyone who disagrees must be insane - that the woman is lying and it is solely a political attack.

The double standard is fully evident.

enyo and Elliott87 like this.
  15. Politburo

It seems inappropriate to 'like' your comment. I just want to you to know it was not ignored.

ShoshTrvls, Elliott87 and Jayfar like this.
  16. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the known process is getting an FBI investigation like Anita Thomas.

Asking her to "testify" without witnesses in front of the same group of partisan republicans who wouldn't even give Garland a hearing doesn't seem like it would result in a fair, non partisan outcome.

17. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very oldĀ®

You meant Anita Hill. Thomas was the nominee.

18. Tartan69

One is a legal/criminal issue which absolutely requires due process, the other is being tried in the court of public opinion and thus not subject to a waiting period. Particularly when due process was provided and not accepted. Hence no double standard.

In both cases, the accused are innocent until proven guilty.

19. Tartan69

Not FBI jurisdiction

20. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

Then why did President Bush have the FBI investigate the Anita Hill allegations?

And, do tell, whose job is it?

21. Tartan69

22. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

Oh my, look at all of the details you can recall despite suppressing memories for years. I understand only too well, and that is my problem with her story. She has no recollection of anything except that she was 15.

23. Tartan69

Here's the thing -- IMO this doesn't have as much to do about the suppression of memories. I am not an expert on the clinical victim theory behind things like this, thus I have to default to giving her the benefit of the doubt on that particular area. Perhaps OldMama just has a better memory...I don't know and can't pretend to know. My issue is the timing, and the immediate mob rush to convict someone who's been given zero due process. Just ask Brian Banks about that.

Further, because this is a political arena and not a legal one, the timing is MORE important. There's no legal reason to not move forward with an interview. Not only did Feinstein sit on this for months, but Grassley has given an ABUNDANCE of opportunities for her to testify (including in private) but she refuses. It's certainly one thing if she brought this up years ago and everyone ignored her (Juanita Broaddrick anyone?) but that isn't the case. Hence this a transparently and obnoxiously a political hit job to attempt to delay the process.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  24. enyo

enyo Well-Known Member

It sounds like trauma related amnesia is pretty normal:

http://cathykezelman.com/tr

I get the sense that she would have preferred to not come forward too.

25. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

26. Tartan69

Oh it's a clown car alright...

27. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

The "girls" are pulling an October surprise methinks (look at calendar) on the timing of this one. Willy Horton move over?

28. Tartan69

IIRC, the use of Horton during the campaign came out well before October. And I see this as far more directly about the D's trying to block the nomination of a conservative judge to SCOTUS rather than anything to do with mid-term elections.

On the other hand, the FISA stuff may be the October surprise from the R's.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  29. Politburo

This is trying to have it both ways.. 'innocent until proven guilty' is a legal standard, but you're simultaneously saying legal standards should not apply.

And really none of that matters, what we're talking about is making conclusive statements on internet message boards. On matters where the conclusion would be bad for GOPs, you keep an open mind and wait for investigations to conclude. But on this matter where an investigation might result in a bad conclusion for the GOP, you have not only fully made up your mind, but consider it unreasonable to conclude otherwise.

Here's an Occam's Razor for all: If this was just about blocking the nomination, why did we not see anything similar with Gorsuch after the unprecedented stalling of Garland's nomination?

Jayfar and Templeton like this.
  30. Tartan69

Presumption of innocence is not just a legal right but also an internationally-recognized human right. Is this not why Gitmo has been protested in the past? Although I believe that situation also has to do with the right to a speedy trial, and also I think that is mitigated somehow by the rules of military law rather than criminal/civil law (Shosh or others feel free to chime in here if that is incorrect)

For this one, sure I can concede on how you describe it. I feel that way because it so obviously doesn't pass the smell test. But ok fine, if these women can prove something, then by all means, go on record and prove it. Until then, I remain skeptical.

I don't have a concrete answer. Perhaps he was more amenable to the Left (although I've read his record is similar to Kavanaugh's). My gut feeling is that the Left is simply far more desperate these days in their fight against Trump.