No time for Collusion - We Are The CHAMPIONS of the World - Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'National' started by Phillyxpat, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Amended Lyrics by Freddie M. (wink, nod)

[​IMG]

We are the champions, my friends
    And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
    We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for (losers) collusion
    'Cause we are the champions of the world

2. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

3. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

We had a wonderful parade and celebration. Nothing anyone else- President or mayor- can do could compete with that. Why bother?

#3 OldMama, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  4. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

As most of you know, I typically give Trump a bit of leeway on his rantings because he does have a lot of machiavellian plays going on (the gamesmanship with Little Rocket Man is a perfect example of this). Or sometimes he's just trolling...he might be the world's best and most successful...and he causes Liberal heads to asplode which I find highly entertaining.

However I think in this case he has significantly misread the situation. I am not an Eagles fan, but living in this city I can fairly confidently say that Eagles fans right now give exactly ZERO F*CKS about their players kneeling during the anthem. They care that the team brought home a championship. Period, end of story.

This is the crowd that has embraced "no one likes us, and we don't care" as its rallying cry after all. By vilifying their underdog heroes, he's making a yuge mistake.

5. boognish

boognish Well-Known Member

I'm actually seething. And I'm a Republican. No Eagles took a knee all season. Or hid in the locker room.

Oh man....signing off because even days later I'm livid.

Phillyxpat, Tartan69 and OldMama like this.
  6. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

7. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Harley Davidson is AMERICA ! - Not Donald Trump

[​IMG]

Jayfar likes this.
  8. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Ridiculous. Bikers all over the country are perfectly happy to send Harley Davidson packing. If they want to cut and run so quickly- don't let the door hit you in the ass. They're not the only maker of fine motorcycles here in the USA. Let Trump work out the trade issues with America First for a change. Whoever wants to go- good riddance. We are finally getting back to valuing all things Made in the USA.

Phillyxpat likes this.
  9. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Happy Fourth of Trump down there in Quaker Town - maybe it will be Trumpadelphia next year? LOL

[​IMG]

Jayfar likes this.
  10. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Puto Time in Helsinki - Hot Date with Vladimir Putin

[​IMG]

11. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Me thinks Uranium One will be a topic of discussion between the two.....

Phillyxpat likes this.
  12. Tartan69

I am triggered.

13. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

If you prefer:

Game Show Host Goes for Putin's Door Number ...?

[​IMG]

14. Tartan69

FWIW I *hated* Trump's statements today about Putin and the election interference. I can sort of see what he was trying to do, and a joint press conference with Putin is a bad place to call him out. But he mishandled it badly.

A good quote I read online: "Democrats decrying Trump today gave Obama a pass when he let Putin get away with murder (literally, in some cases). And conservatives who criticized Obama for his weak spine should be up in arms today."

15. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

I hated Trump's statements, now here's a good quote about Obama from Twitchy.

16. Tartan69

And? I think the Twitchy quote is a fair one.

17. Politburo

Of course you do, it helps your political bias to do so...

The little criticism I see from Trump supporters is almost always couched in terms of "Obama/Hillary is worse". It's like there's an immediate need to excuse the bad thing or change the subject. And while I'm complaining, I'm also done with the "If Obama had done..." form of argument. This isn't about Obama (or Hillary).

Templeton likes this.
  18. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

19. Tartan69

The comment had nothing to do with comparing Trump against Obama. It was about comparing both sides' differing reactions to similar situations, and holding them both accountable to a fairer non-partisan standard.

20. Politburo

It's clearly not just about comparing reactions, because your interpretation of events is loaded into the comparison.

But this is all irrelevant, the best brain got mixed up with the negatives. He meant "wouldn't" and said "would". Stand down everyone!

21. Elliott87

Elliott87 Well-Known Member

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States"

I'm sorry I misspoke, I meant won't. DJT.

22. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

23. Tartan69

Whole lotta moral relativism and lack of proportion going on here.

24. Politburo

Do you believe that he 'misspoke'?

25. Tartan69

Honestly not sure, but leaning towards it not being a misspeak and he's backpedaling. However it is not something that people should be so overly up in arms about, let alone it being anywhere close to "treason" level. What was the guy supposed to do...sh*t all over the dude he's trying to work high-level negotiations with right in front of him? Especially given our loooooooooooong history of interfering in other country's elections (including Ukraine's which has direct impact here). I fully acknowledge that either way it was handled incredibly poorly.

I do think the "no" quote today at the end of the cabinet meeting is a non-issue. He clearly wasn't trying to answer more questions.

26. Elliott87

Elliott87 Well-Known Member

If you watched the interview did you notice Putin saying Russia was foolish and stupid? That Russia had made mistakes? A capable leader can handle questions without crumbling.

Did you notice Putin's answer to whether or not Russia had compromising information on Trump? He shut the question down by saying that when Trump was in Moscow, he (Putin) did not even know Donald was in town. That is probably, a lie but it is possible. Notice he never said that Russia did not have that information. He just deflected by saying that Trump was not important enough to have been followed, which is probably a lie.

Remember when asked if he still considers the Soviet Union the evil empire, after a meeting with Gorbachev, Reagan just answered no with a smile. He did not say I received horrible information by my hapless intelligence departments, and he did not say he misspoke before, and it was fake news that he had ever said it in the first place.

27. Tartan69

So we are in agreement that,as I said, it was handled incredibly poorly?

28. Politburo

Just because his response is criticized does not mean people are arguing he should have gone full-bore in the other direction. He could have given a standard politician non-answer.

The other thing is that I don't think anyone was forcing him to have a meeting or press conference with Putin. We know he was briefed on the indictment, and it is likely he has known other information on Russia's activities since well before then (it was reported he was told as early as August 2016). To be so unprepared that these are the answers that come out is not just handling it poorly, it is incompetence.

He has this mental block where acknowledging any Russian activity is seen as invalidating his election.. and we saw that again in the press conference where he brought up the electoral college total. Whether it is guilt or hubris, I don't know.

29. Tartan69

Totally get where you are coming from...that was my first instinct as well. But keep in mind that's not who he is. If he gave standard politician non-answers, he would have never been elected.

I think there's more going on than meets the eye. This is a guy that lives on misdirection and trolling. I think it this instance he underestimated the pushback and thus he's now backpedaling a bit. I'm not quite bought in that he's the "very smart super genius" or whatever some on the right have nicknamed him...but I do think he has a big picture strategy, if not exactly a seamless cohesive tactical plan around everything.

One does not succeed in the NY real estate market by being a buffoon, even if daddy did give him a million $ to start out with.

30. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Buffoons with money bribe their way to the top in NYC R/E. NYC Construction is all mob run or related. Bribery and thieving. 100%corruption! I worked for a subsidiary that built the American Express building in accounts payable in a trailer and mud where Goldman Sachs now stands. I got a tour on the 29th or 39th floor by the project manager and was shown an illegal curved staircase in the Executive Suites that bridged two floors in a raised lobby. And was told that the staircase without break at 18 steps, clearly not code and illegal, was merely the right bribe to the right building inspector in City Hall. That every contractor working on site had a panel truck big enough to haul 8x4 plywood and sheetrock home at night. That if anybody in the trade is honestly asked what brought down the World Trade Center it was the fact that one to two of every four screws that were supposed to be put into the design never got used to hold the insides, the guts of the building, together etc.