New Look Sixers

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Sports' started by MackeyDingo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

How is there no thread on this?

This is a completely new team. Once the season starts, the city will realize that all these reports of Philadelphia Basketball's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Fultz. Simmons. Embiid. Covington. Saric. Redick. Johnson. Holmes. Anderson. Stauskas. Cabarrot. Korkmaz. Bolden.

The team is getting national press, the games are schedule to be televised nationally. Soon Philly will realize what the country and the NBA is realizing, the sixers are a team of consequence.

2. MackeyDingo

Joel Embiid is the best player in the league.

He is beyond a force of nature. He is a universal force of space and time. He WILL score on you. You WILL NOT score in the paint. He is his own second coming.

More points than minutes? Check. 35% from the 3PL? Check. Rebounds?. Blocks? Assists?. Check. Check. Check. Pump faking a three and slashing and driving to the rim? Check.

And this from a 7’-2” 280lb monster stolen from the nightmares of the basketball gods.

The sixers are nearly unwatchable without him. With him, they may be the third best team in the league.

Last year, sixers defense went from LAST to FIRST when he stepped on the court. Like President Trump, there’s no precedent for that. Nothing to compare that to through which it makes sense. You look at it and still cannot believe it’s happening. And yet, everyday I wake up and it’s still true. Am I still talking about sports? Who cares, nobody is reading this thread.

3. MackeyDingo

#3 MackeyDingo, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. funk

funk Well-Known Member

we'll be lucky if he plays 44 games.

5. Malloy

Malloy Administrator
    Staff Member

Got my tickets - I'm ready!

6. MackeyDingo

7. MackeyDingo

From Liberty Ballers:

Joel Embiid scored 46 points on 19 shots, had 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocked shots, only 2 turnovers, and was a +19 on the night.

I mean. He took 19 shots! Nineteen!! Since the NBA started tracking blocked shots, Embiid is the only player ever to put up a line like that. With 7 minutes left, when he had “only” scored 36 points, the only two other players to put up a statline like his were Hakeem Olajuwon and Anthony Davis. Both of them had required over 50 minutes and at least 28 shots to do so; Embiid had achieved his (then) line in 27 minutes and on 16 shots.

It’s just that he’s not supposed to be able to move and shoot like this at his Size. It’s unfair.

#7 MackeyDingo, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  8. MackeyDingo

280 pounds. Takes a lot of power t move like this. 17 seconds in.