New hashtag suggested: #HimToo

Discussion in 'National' started by Jayfar, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

#1 Jayfar, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    MackeyDingo likes this.
  2. OKT3

OKT3 Garager

Eh, I'm not surprised. I remember reading a blind item a long time ago, about a comedian who always wanted to jag in front of whichever women he was with, even if they were just friends and fellow comedians, and that he kind of just sprung it on them, unexpectedly. A bunch of people called him out in the comments as being the guy they were talking about. Can't remember where I read it.

Tartan69 and Jayfar like this.
  3. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

I see I'm late with my suggested hashtag. A google search tells me #himtoo has been trending for a while with all these recent outings of aggressive horn-dogs.

MackeyDingo likes this.
  4. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Yes, if I followed the celeb world more closely, I'd probably know this. The NYT article mentions "years of unsubstantiated rumors."

5. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

6. Bixbyte

Bixbyte Well-Known Member

7. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation | NYTimes.com

And there was immediate reaction from the Pussy-grabber in-chief via twitter (because of course there was):

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.” But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!

4:16 AM - 29 Nov 2017

Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    So now that Matt Lauer is gone when will the Fake News practitioners at NBC be terminating the contract of Phil Griffin? And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the “unsolved mystery” that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!

6:14 AM - 29 Nov 2017

#7 Jayfar, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  8. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

9. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

10. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

Jayfar likes this.
  11. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

Exactly that. It's part of the culture of some organizations to ignore bad behavior by those that generate revenue, especially if that behavior is targeted at the non-generators (aka overhead) who are easily replaced. Generally leadership either has mentally run a cost/benefit analysis on the risk of allowing that behavior versus the risk of not having that person's revenue (i.e. the rot), or they are completely oblivious.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  12. DCnPhilly

DCnPhilly Well-Known Member

The most recent thing I read was that Matt Lauer had a button under his desk that locked his office door. I mean it wouldn't surprise me if that's true, but he was an employee at NBC. He had to have put a work order in to facilities that went through HR asking for a button under his desk that locked his office door. That didn't send up any red flags? No one asked "why?" I just think celebrities live on an entirely different planet, and that that's finally coming to light.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  13. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

So he wouldn't have to get up to lock the door and not be disturbed...

14. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

#14 Jayfar, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  15. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Met Opera Suspends James Levine After New Sexual Abuse Accusations | NYTimes.com

The Metropolitan Opera suspended James Levine, its revered conductor and former music director, on Sunday after three men came forward with accusations that Mr. Levine sexually abused them decades ago, when the men were teenagers.

Peter Gelb, the general manager of the Met, announced that the company was suspending its four-decade relationship with Mr. Levine, 74, and canceling his upcoming conducting engagements after learning from The New York Times on Sunday about the accounts of the three men, who described a series of similar sexual encounters beginning in the late 1960s. The Met has also asked an outside law firm to investigate Mr. Levine’s behavior.

[snip]

16. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

The Eataly guy.

Mario Batali steps down from restaurants, doesn't deny claims of sexual misconduct | Philly.com

“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt. Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family."

Mario Batali Steps Away From Restaurant Empire Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations | Eater.com

#16 Jayfar, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  17. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

18. CHIOSSO

CHIOSSO Schuylkill Ranger

19. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Singer files sex assault complaint against former Trump aide | Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - A singer and potential congressional candidate said Tuesday that she has filed a sexual assault complaint against President Donald Trump's former campaign manager for hitting her twice on her buttocks during a Washington gathering in November.

Joy Villa, a Trump backer who wore a "Make America Great Again" dress at the Grammys this year, said she plans to meet with detectives in Washington next week about the complaint against Corey Lewandowski.

[snip]

Trump-supporting singer claims Lewandowski slapped her butt at recent party | Politico.com

#22 Jayfar, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  20. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

21. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

22. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

23. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

24. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

One thing I have always had against some of these male news talking heads, morning show hosts, is their longevity in their jobs for decades, crowding out not only new talent but new thinking and or attitudes as well. Even in retirement they still had offices at their old digs at NBC, ABC and CBS. My working around various employments in Rockefeller Center, and occasionally seeing these guys in the streets, Walter Cronkite stands out as the spiffiest in terms of dress in polished shores and pin striped suits, the tackiest was John Chancellor in in a London Fog older than Christ, and the sourest, get out of my way, face to David Hartman. lol

25. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

26. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Les Moonves, Longtime CBS Chief, Steps Down | NYTimes.com

Leslie Moonves, the longtime chief executive of the CBS Corporation, stepped down on Sunday night from the company he has led for 15 years. His fall from Hollywood’s highest echelon was all but sealed after the publication earlier in the day of new sexual harassment allegations against him.

The CBS board announced his departure, effective immediately. As part of the agreement, the network said it would donate $20 million to one or more organizations that support equality for women in the workplace. The donation will be deducted from a potential severance benefit to Mr. Moonves that could top $120 million after the donation, according to two people familiar with the settlement agreement. But he will not receive any severance payment, the board said, until the completion of an independent investigation into the allegations.

[snip]