My neighbor does not walk their dog ..... ever

Discussion in 'Pets in the City' started by phillip4321, Feb 12, 2018.

1. phillip4321

phillip4321 Member

My neighbor's dog - her whole world is inside the house and the yard. That's it - 24/7.
    In the 5 plus years of being her neighbor, I have not once seen my neighbor walk her dog or take her dog anywhere outside the house or yard.

I know dogs have emotions and can feel depression.
    Dogs need stimuli and exercise.
    Even though I don't believe there is any physical abuse to the dog, being confined in a 1000 sqft enclosure - this is prison.

It just breaks my heart.

2. OakmontGuy

OakmontGuy NE Philadelphia Proud!

Interesting.

So, what evidence do you have that the dog is unhappy with that situation?

Not all dogs need the same level of stimulus and exercise. How do you know that this dog isn't receiving them within the house?

Maybe the dog is perfectly content with its lifestyle, and YOU are the only one who has a problem with it.

3. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

What is the breed? Size? 1000 sqft may be more than enough room for it to exercise.

On the other hand, some city dwellers have dogs that are not a good match for an urban lifestyle. Nothing new there though.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  4. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

Completely depends on the breed and the dog's personality. And, btw, not much to do with size. For example, most Akitas are more than happy just protecting their owner and have no interest in running around, sniffing other dog rear ends, or any of the other "social" things you may think a dog of that size needs.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  5. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

Agree, breed (and energy level) has far more impact on suitability for urban living than size. However also consider variables like how much space they physically take up, larger food storage, size of bedding areas, cleaning up after their larger poops, etc