Leverington Ave. Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Manayunk / Roxborough / East Falls' started by Meann, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Meann

Meann Well-Known Member

And what on earth are they doing in the lot behind the 400 block of Leverington? Besides making enough noise to wake the dead?

2. Timshel

Timshel Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the municipal lot that runs between Ridge and Mitchell?

Two homes were very recently demolished at the Mitchell St. entrance to the parking lot. Not sure if it's related, but a few months ago I heard the lot itself was going to be renovated/updated - maybe that work has started.

3. Meann

Meann Well-Known Member

The houses they tore down were sad ... old, solid, well-built, and now gone. I was hoping someone knew what the "renovations" in the lot would be. Someone (the City??) tore down the old beautiful stone wall behind 467 Leverington, and I'm terrified I'll wake up one morning and find they will have torn down the wall behind my house, four doors down. Is there any info on what is being planned for the lot?

vampyre927 likes this.
  4. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

Leverington Avenue Parking Lot Renovations | Roxborough, Philadelphia
    Leverington Ave parking lot (this talks about money authorized for 2016 but seems like it got delayed)
    Central Roxborough Civic Assoc

Per these links nothing much is changing, just freshening up. The removal of that house would not seem to be part of the project. There is a permit out for a new structure there.

Don't think the wall would have been related, but hard to say. It's possible it got knocked into by a piece of equipment, etc. Might want to ask your neighbors about it if you are concerned about your wall.

vampyre927 likes this.