La Colombe is fantastic!

Discussion in 'Fishtown / Northern Liberties / Kensington / Port ' started by Phillyurban8, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Phillyurban8

Phillyurban8 Well-Known Member

Wow. I went to La Colombe last week and I was so impressed and I even gave their coffee a second chance. It was good. The shop was big, hip and bustling! I could not believe I was still in Philadelphia.
    This is the kind of investment in the City that I want to see more of. Forget Starbucks Reserve! Just open another one of these in Center City!!!

2. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very oldĀ®

Previously on coffee wars:
    1. Post Starbucks Reserve
      ^ To respond to you all: Anyhow, I'm hoping we get a Starbucks Reserve flagship. And enjoy your roasted pencil shavings at La Colombe!
      Post by: Phillyurban8, Nov 17, 2016 in forum: Center City
    2. Post Starbucks Reserve
      ...is the McDonalds of coffee is unfair and incorrect. As for La Colombe, every cup of coffee I've had there has been like "meh." Tastes like...
      Post by: Phillyurban8, Nov 13, 2016 in forum: Center City
    3. Post Starbucks Reserve
      ^Oh, please, give me a break. La Colombe? If their burnt tasting coffee is an example of "craft" coffee, then we really do need an S.R. Point...
      Post by: Phillyurban8, Nov 5, 2016 in forum: Center City

Hospitalitygirl and enyo like this.
  3. boognish

boognish Well-Known Member

hahahahah

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  4. Phillyurban8

Phillyurban8 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jayfar, for grave digging some of my past comments. However, like I said, I decided to give La Colombe a second chance. And I noted the coffee was "good" not great but whatever. They didn't have soymilk so it was not as I generally take it. However, the shop itself impressed me so much that it added to the enjoyment of my coffee immensely. Their shop in Center City at the Ritz residences is so "meh" that my initial experiences were, as you noted, "strong."