Internet TV

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Moonraker, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Moonraker

Moonraker Rocket Scientist

Greetings gang,

To the best of your knowledge, will the WiFi Television devices which plug into a USB port work as readily with any monitor with that USB or HDMI port.

2. PASnow

PASnow Well-Known Member

Are you talking about hooking like a Roku or Chromecast up to your computer monitor. It should work but how about audio, does you monitor have sound natively?

3. Express19119

Express19119 Member

You gotta be talking about the Amazon fire stick. My buddy has it and i was in football HEAVEN last weekend. He said he brought it for $150 and it has ever channel known to man.

4. Moonraker

Moonraker Rocket Scientist

Yes I saw a Firestick at a party, and that later raised the question in my mind.

Thanks

5. anonymous

anonymous Member

Before pressing play on the fire sticks, you're taking a risk. Why is everyone buying these streaming sticks when it's against the law to download uncopyright material. You can buy a fire stick, however, many people want to go that loophole.

The terms of agreement do state you can buy any type of streaming media, however, do people actually read the fine print. It's disgusting that anyone who goes around and watches and downloads onto servers doesn't realize the penalties.

When the feds come knocking on your doorstep, then I like to see the reaction. You're traced to an IP address. The first excuse people say is their tv bill is too high. Why not just pay for amazon, hulu , and netflix! remember, you're still paying for hi speed internet and that your only disabling the IPs tv service. If I were your friend I would be worried about if this person posts on social media and anything else. He is taking a risk.

6. anonymous

anonymous Member

Roku is a streaming media player, stick, tv, that you connect to the router. computer monitor?? lol. I can tell you're not into technology.

7. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

It sounds like he knows a lot more than you do. Roku and other streaming devices connect either directly to the TV or Monitor, or to a receiver via HDMI. USB is used just to power the device (alternatively, it can be plugged into an outlet).

And why are you even posting this here? This has nothing to do with Philadelphia. There are hundreds of tech forums/message boards out there, I would find one that's a better home for this topic.

#7 fiveomar, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  8. anonymous

anonymous Member

Sure it does. Anyone that is breaking the law will find out from their providers consequences.

That posting that person knows nothing about cutting the cable cord.

9. PASnow

PASnow Well-Known Member

What?! Are you kidding me? You quote me on a post from 2 years ago on a dead message board?

Secondly, you don't plug a Roku into your "router" you moron, you plug it into your TV. The OP asked if they can use it onto any 'monitor'. With the use of the term 'monitor' as opposed to regular old 'TV' I had the impression they were asking if it would work on a computer monitor instead.

Majority of content on these 'streaming sticks' are legal anyway, so why the whining about copyright infringement. Get a clue you dope!

Jayfar likes this.
  10. anonymous

anonymous Member

lol, really. You're going to start name calling. I know a lot more about roku than the entire board and what there is for live tv. Copyright infringement on the ones doing it illegally. The wrong way so don't call me a dope jackass.