I need the LCB phone number

Discussion in 'Northeast Philadelphia' started by Glenn Quagmire, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Glenn Quagmire

Can someone please post the number to report a bar that is serving minors.
    I'm no stick in the mud or trying to ruin anyone's fun, but i know of a bar that two of my son's friends have had car accidents after leaving the place. This place is serving kids as young as 17. On girl totaled her car after leaving here, and on her face book page the next day posted I must of had an angel help me through the crash. This place has to be stopped before some kid kills them self or some innocent person

2. mtnmama

mtnmama Well-Known Member

Liquor Control Board: 1-800-932-0602 May I also suggest getting your neighborhood's Civic Association and/or Townwatch involved with your request. They have ways of notifiying the DA's office of nuissance bars. Good Luck!

3. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

You need Liquor Control Enforcement: Phone: (215) 726-6200

Also Nuisance Bar Task Force: (215) 686-5858

4. robkaotic

robkaotic Well-Known Member

Wild Guess: The Cog Tavern
    Second Wild Guess: The Sheffield

5. Mayfair

Mayfair Since 1929

I too am curious about which bars

6. Glenn Quagmire

Dead on on those two, but believe it or not there is a worst one then those two. Think of a ghost's name.

The Sheffield was one of the places a kid left Monday morning at 2am and there was a car accident. I called the next day to speak with someone about it and no one would even get on the phone with me

7. 172nd•2010

172nd•2010 Well-Known Member

Update:
    The COG Tavern is no longer OPEN.

8. Mayfair101

Mayfair101 Well-Known Member

Is this place on the ave?

9. Mayfair101

The cog isnt open...did it close its doors or was it closed?

10. Mayfair101

I went to the ghost bar once..there were kids from St Huberts in there somehow they always open right back up.....

11. Mayfair

Mayfair Since 1929

Are you serious?!?!
    That's pretty young

12. Glenn Quagmire

I don't know if there is anyone over 21 in that place. There is a bartender there that all the kids went to high school with, I know he works on Wednesdays because that seems to be the worst night of them all. But ever other night is the same story

13. Glenn Quagmire

Right across from Hammer heads, or what ever it's call this week

14. Glenn Quagmire

I just called the liquor enforcement number, the lady laughed at me when I told her the names. She told me I don't even need the addresses we get so many complaints about those places.

15. HannahBanana

HannahBanana Active Member

Its obviously Caspers.

16. OldMaestro

OldMaestro Members Only Jacket

Well that's pretty scary.

17. Glenn Quagmire

Scary that she knows the name and yet nothing has been done, now that's scary

18. OldMaestro

OldMaestro Members Only Jacket

Right and that she just laughed it off.

19. NE19149

NE19149 (^!^)

Our fine tax dollars at work.
    Raise 'em some more and keep laughing.

20. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Vote Quimby

21. KillyPumpkin

KillyPumpkin Well-Known Member

I was there last summer. Walked in, noticed all the underage kids, walked right out.

What I found most hilarious is that I got carded. Ridiculous.

22. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

This is what I fear as my daughter keeps bugging me to get her license and a car for college.

I think if/when I do succumb to the pressure, I will make it mandatory that once a month she attend a class (if there is such a class) specifically designed to educate young drivers about the dangers of drinking/driving, speeding, cellphone use, too many passengers in car (distraction), etc.

There are some pretty horrible UTube videos floating around on Facebook that show some of the results of speeding, DUI, etc. In fact, there's one that pops into my head if I get a cellphone call while I'm driving.
    Kids need to be educated-over and over again. Pictures are worth a thousand words. They need to see the results of their actions..before it happens.

23. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

You could do this yourself, you know. You are her primary educator and example. You remind her that consequences are high for not thinking things through. There are big prices to be paid for the actions you describe, and you can reinforce this. If she's smart enough to go to college, you remind her that she's smart enough to think things through.

24. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

True, but sometimes kids listen more when the message comes from someone in authority or an educator. Parents just nag, and never know what they're talking about.

25. insolito

insolito Well-Known Member

Listen. Kids who want to drink are going to drink. If it is not as Caspers, it will be somewhere else... like in the woods, on the tracks or in someones basement. My father used to tell me to call him if I needed a ride home instead of getting in the car with a drunk driver... anytime, no punishments, no questions asked. It kept us alive and I will be following suit with my sons if they need it.

26. LedZep2147

LedZep2147 Well-Known Member

Not ripping you or anything, but do kids get jobs after-school anymore to save up money to buy their own cars anymore? Seems like too many parent's are providing cars for kids still in high school. Seems like it makes a teenager more responsible when they work for something, rather than have someone just give it to them.

27. NE19149

NE19149 (^!^)

Amen to that!
    My first car, a 1972 Nova, I worked two jobs and saved for it.
    And yeah, when you work for something and bust your ass for it, your state of mind towards it
    makes it more valuable to you and of course, you tend to be more careful with it.

You want it?...... work for it like I did.

28. save19115

save19115 Well-Known Member

Along with LCB, DA, and civics, call your police district and GO to the Captain/PSA meetings and say it OUT LOUD that they have a problem at those places. Also, call your councilperson and STATE elected officials (LCB is a state function).

You want attention, pressure, and the implicit/explicit threat that you are going after them.

Check their zoning. Are they going beyond what they are allowed? How about their trash situation, noise, other illegal stuff? There is a piece on what you need to do to take down a nuisance bar on the PLCB website. One big thing: take notes!

BTW, when the lady laughed, it was most likely out of her own frustration at how many calls for the same place...she's just the call taker, after all. She probably feels your angst far bette than most.

29. Steve Bartman

Steve Bartman Well-Known Member

Let's not bash the PLCB too much here, they are busy raiding and confiscating unregisterd beer and giving out fine for a drink that was purchased by one of their fine agents that waited until 1 minute after 2 to order it, even though the bartend asked them earlier and was told "I'm thinking of what I want, give me a few minutes."

30. Glenn Quagmire

Another drunken underage beer infused brawl going on right now at the world famous Sheffield