Good bye, Made in America!

Discussion in 'Fairmount / Spring Garden / Francisville' started by Phillyurban8, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

You wrote above that some people having an anti-gentrification position was a big factor in your decision to move, and so everyone (regardless of their stance on gentrification) 'deserves' fewer or lower quality services.

What other opinions should we hold back on in fear of upsetting the nobles?

2. Phillyurban8

Phillyurban8 Well-Known Member

What?! Now it's back on the Parkway? Couldn't they have considered Independence Mall???

I agree. Who does our Mayor represent -- Jay Z or Philadelphians?

fiveomar and Tartan69 like this.
  3. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

Try re-reading my posts. Your interpretation is not even remotely what I said.

Hospitalitygirl and Titus like this.
  4. Politburo

"But this issue is probably in the top 3 or 4... good luck with that anti-gentrification angle that pisses off all the people that pay more than their fair share...you'll end up getting the services you deserve.. biting the hand that feeds ends up causing the hand to stop feeding"

5. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

"This issue" refers to the nonstop lockdown of the Parkway and its impacts to nearby residents (be they gentry or otherwise).

My comment about anti-gentrification (and the subsequent follow-on about hands and biting) was separate and in regards to Shosh's post about the Solomon Jones article (and really, all Solomon Jones articles). In hindsight I can see how those two might be conflated, so consider this as clarification.

Hospitalitygirl and fiveomar like this.
  6. Politburo

Understandable and obviously moots my comment.

Tartan69 likes this.
  7. OldMama

OldMama Finally retired. Newly married. Kids are gone.

This. I started going to events on the Parkway back in the 70's. At the same time, I used the Parkway to get to work every day. I don't recall being SOL for weeks at a time.

Tartan69 and Hospitalitygirl like this.
  8. eldondre

eldondre Well-Known Member

2bedroom 2 bath for only 3,950/mo!
    2401 PENNSYLVANIA AVE #12B35, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19130 for Rent | Condo.comâ„¢.

the home prices in fairmount have never been higher. I see people leaving but largely because the prices have gotten so high it's hard to say no. schools are a much bigger issue.
    that said, I suspect some events will shift to penn's landing once the cap is built.

9. Titus

Titus Well-Known Member

Yes the Penn's Landing cap would be a great thing all around. Prices are at an all time high all over.