Franklin Square Park is NICE!!!

Discussion in 'Center City' started by SMG15, Jul 30, 2017.

1. SMG15

SMG15 Well-Known Member

went there last night for the first time to watch a Movie and was pleased with the atmosphere and everything inside the park like Square Burger. I will be back

Burholme06 likes this.
  2. Burholme06

Burholme06 Well-Known Member

I haven't been there this Spring/Summer yet but definitely overdue taking the kids there. Thanks for the reminder!

3. therealdawk

therealdawk Well-Known Member

My kids love it there. We've been going for years. I did see on the news earlier this week where they were having a park birthday ceremony or something like that where Ed Rendell was speaking at a podium. Then a couple of Black Lives Matter guys started yelling with a bullhorn at Rendell and the guests because of some police shooting case, I think. The news footage I saw showed little kids looking at this scene, perhaps not frightened but certainly confused. It reminded me of black dudes in robes that used to yell at passersby on Market St near Hard Rock. Rendell was cool as a refrigerated cucumber.

4. londoner

londoner Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a great space for kids. It's been reno'd for like 10 years now, right? Honestly wouldn't mind seeing a seasonal restaurant/outdoor seating cafe open there too - like they'd do in Europe. Squareburger is nice, but another less greasy option would be great - plenty of space too. Glass of wine, some twinkle lights.

They do a nice Christmas lights show too in the Winter.

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  5. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

Yeah but this is 'Merica!
    Can of beer and an inflatable snowglobe?
    (The snowglobe will remain in place year round)

6. DCnPhilly

DCnPhilly Well-Known Member

The carousel and fountain at night would make a beautiful backdrop for a restaurant-on-the-greene kind of place. Philly's really amping up catering to young families and Millennials, but it would be great to have something for an adult crowd that isn't just another beer garden.

7. eldondre

eldondre Well-Known Member

Philly is getting better at the beer garden thing but it seems to be having trouble taking the next step. the liquor license thing is probably an impediment. for franklin square I think you actually want a casual if permanent place given the family friendly attractions. it's also a good spot because there's no damned retail around the square

#7 eldondre, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    DCnPhilly likes this.
  8. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

That's probably really uncalled for since there are several spaces around the city that do a change of season rather nicely. We aren't as declasse' as many make us out to be.

9. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

Well, I said 'Merica. Not Philly. (Not everything is about you! ;))
    We voted for Trump. We are degenerates presiding over decline.

10. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

Oy!