F--- Facebook!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChiefSalsa, May 17, 2012.

1. Jayfar

Jayfar Junior Old Fart

vampyre927 likes this.
  2. Jayfar

Jayfar Junior Old Fart

3. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

Facebook is a garbage piece of software; lots of glitches and the privacy is terrible- literally anyone can see what you've commented on or "liked" even if you don't want that to be displayed (there is literally no option to prevent this).

Facebook hasn't been overthrown yet because they have critical mass/too large a user base. But their time will eventually come.

Hospitalitygirl and vampyre927 like this.
  4. phillyaggie

phillyaggie Well-Known Member

wow! what a zombie thread revival! haha

i thought Chief Salsa started posting here again?
    what's he up to now a days? still in utah?

CHIOSSO likes this.
  5. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

If you were his friend on Facebook, you'd know the answers to those questions. :)

6. OakmontGuy

OakmontGuy NE Philadelphia Proud!

I've never "had" "A Facebook", and never will. I'm a certified technophile and most folks would expect someone like me to have one of the oldest accounts on there. Nope.

It does make for some interesting conversations, though. One person accused me of being a spy or using a false identity because they couldn't find me on there. Others have tried to "convert" me: "You don't know what you're missing! It's SO great! Blah blah blah."

It IS extremely useful as a forensics tool, for both good and evil purposes. For example, when it comes to job applicants, you can get answers for a lot of questions that you're...not allowed to ask anymore. And if you happen to rob houses, it makes finding out when people are on/will be going on vacation pretty darn easy.

We won't even go into how easy it is to gain information for use in social engineering attacks from Facebook. If you have even a fraction of the skills of a "Kevin Mitnick," Facebook is truly your friend.

7. MarketStEl

MarketStEl Will Work for Food, But Prefers Cash

Yes, still in Utah. I got a note from him via ... Facebook Messenger ... earlier this week. Something about some other Sandy Smith.

8. phillyaggie

phillyaggie Well-Known Member

Good stuff.
    I'm happy to be on Facebook and at least be online friends with many of you; we may not meet often and some I've in fact never met even though we've exchanged quite a few conversations online!

yeah, i guess i'm not friends with chief salsa on facebook. i don't know his real name.