Donald Trump Elected President

Discussion in 'National' started by Bixbyte, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very oldĀ®

2. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

I agree. A true constitutional crisis is an un-elected deep state cabal undermining the president.

3. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

Thing is that term was/is used to describe career officials who are not appointed. In this case the op-ed is purportedly written by someone nominated by Trump.

4. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

Given that Trump has drug his feet on putting his own people in place in numerous departmental roles, odds are almost certainly not insignificant that it was written by someone nominated by Obama.

Will have to see if I can find exact numbers on that online somewhere...

5. Tartan69

I would guess this is more of a criminal seditious act, not necessarily a constitutional crisis. Possibly even treason instead of sedition if collusion with a foreign power is happening in conjunction. But I'm not a constitutional scholar, so........

6. Politburo

I think the odds are zero. First, the writer includes themselves with "Trump appointees". They say they love the deregulation, etc.. which does not sound like an Obama official. They talk about 'conservative ideals'. And what 'senior' official is still hanging around more than 18 months in? I don't think the NYT would have published this from some deputy undersecretary.

7. Tartan69

I must have glossed over the "Trump appointees" part. I do agree with the dereg/ideals part. Disagree on hanging around...this is a civil servant we're talking about here.

Given the shenanigans going on these days, very little is surprising me in regards to the activities of our media and government.

8. Politburo

Political appointees aren't civil servants. Regardless, you have an example?

9. DMMPhilPA

DMMPhilPA Active Member

I think by "Constitutional Crisis" the author meant that we'd see a court case brought to say the invocation of the 25th was fraudulent or something. Republicans and the MAGAs will not go quietly, even if he were to devolve into a raving lunatic or publicly commit a serious crime. It was interesting hearing an pundit talking about how the Secret Service would likely need to drag Trump out of the Oval Office should Pence take over.