Donald Trump Elected President

Discussion in 'National' started by Bixbyte, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

That's been happening for awhile now

2. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

3. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

4. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

I know. It's embarrassing to our country to have people protesting the elimination of a law enforcement service (ICE), or protesting our immigration processes. Luckily, this is a small group in our country. They don't have a chance against the Silent Majority.

5. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

True, especially when Trump has personally "watched ICE liberate towns from the grasp of MS-13"

6. MNG1324

MNG1324 Well-Known Member

He wasn't watching ICE, he did it himself.

Trump is going to build the Wall too by having people stopped at the border as free labor with Mexico paying for the raw materials.

Templeton likes this.
  7. boognish

boognish Well-Known Member

Jayfar likes this.
  8. Tartan69

I see no issue with stopping the war games. That seems perfectly reasonable given the context of the "who and why" of the negotiations.

The question as raised by S&S however, is whether "final, fully-verified denuclearization" is the same as "complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization". One hopes that it is simply just an issue of consistent wordsmithing rather than a backpedal.

9. Tartan69

By now you should be used to Trump saying a lot of dumb sh*t. And a lot of things like this are intended to provoke a reaction. He's the most successful troll in history, remember?

Suggest you watch his actions and ignore his words.

Cya likes this.
  10. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Do you know this hasn't happened? Are aware of how many MS13 thugs have been rounded up since Trump was elected? If ICE grabbed up just 5 big time MS13 leaders in one city- do you know the ripple effect that would have on a community?
    Try not to be a hater your whole life. Sit back and watch how a country should be run.

11. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

A concession, according to you, is stopping the war games? Seems to me it was a no-brainer. Very expensive--and for what? Meanwhile, we got our 3 American hostages back safe and sound- and didn't cost us a dime. What else you got?

Let's watch the Trump/Putin meeting coming up. Wonder if Uranium One will be a topic of discussion? I can hear it now: "Hey, Vlad, tell me what you gave crooked Hillary to get 20% of our Uranium?" "Sure, I'll tell you anything you want to know". Hahaha!

12. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

13. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

14. Tartan69

I'm supporting him, not hating. My point is that there is obviously a zero chance that he personally watched ICE do its thing, however he says things like that which are obviously untrue all the time. He trolls the Left like nobody's business. Hence my suggestion to ignore his words and watch what he actually does.

15. boognish

boognish Well-Known Member

Like saluting a North Korean general.

The problem with stopping the war games was that absolutely no forewarning was given to our allies South Korea and Japan, both of whom are immediate target of NK's missles. If it's not a concession, it's yet another "go screw yourself" to our allies and our partners in those war games.

16. Tartan69

The US media reported it that way. The media in South Korea on the other hand:

S. Korean official says 'not surprised' by Trump decision to stop war games

One could easily surmise that prior knowledge of this decision was on a "need to know" basis and not all senior ROK officials are privy to all details of the negotiations with the Norks.

There's very little Trump should be criticized on right now when it comes to this situation. Of course we are not yet at an agreement, and certainly things could still fall apart, but there's no doubt that he's gotten farther than any president has with them.

17. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

Yeah, that summit was GENUIS! The nukes are disappearing as we speak.

U.S. intelligence officials believe North Korea has been "deceiving" the U.S., saying the Hermit Kingdom was bolstering production for nuclear weapons at "multiple secret sites" in the past few months, a report stated.

Officials from the CIA and other intelligence agencies told NBC News the regime has increased its production of enriched uranium for the weapons despite the historic summit earlier this month between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Trump.​

North Korea Believed to Be Increasing Nuclear Production <--Military.com, republishing a Fox article, so don't even think about calling this "fake news" from the "liberal MSM"

18. Tartan69

Because negotiations are finalized in an instant, and don't go through ebbs and flows over time while each side tries to position. Don't be obtuse Shosh.

19. Tartan69

In case you missed this part

20. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

The summit WAS genius! I know it kills you to recognize progress when you see it, but the summit was successful. Trump got Kim to the table. Much more than Obama did. Or presidents before him. Let's see what happens. I suspect if NK did denuke… you'd find a problem with that too.

21. Templeton

But his words prove what an ignorant, unqualified buffoon we have as President of the US. How and why would one ignore that?

"Just out that the Obama Administration granted citizenship, during the terrible Iran Deal negotiation, to 2,500 Iranians"
    Why can't we attack Venezuela?

You and I both know that if he were president/ceo of a company he would have been fired by now.

22. ShoshTrvls

More winning!

"We expected that the U.S. side would come with productive measures conducive to building trust in line with the spirit of the North-U.S. summit and (we) considered providing something that would correspond to them," the spokesman said, according to the South Korean news agency, Yonhap.

“However, the attitude and stance the United States showed in the first high-level meeting (between the countries) was no doubt regrettable,” the spokesman said, according the Associated Press.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/765232002

23. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Well, we certainly aren't losing. The article goes on to say how the US is slamming NK for their human rights violations. Rightfully so. I'm pretty sure human rights improvements are part of Trump's requests. Check out his speech in South Korea before the Olympics.
    As I said earlier, if NK doesn't want to make a deal, they can suffer the consequences of continued strict sanctions that are hurting them badly. And, if they are stupid enough to start up again with their testing? tsk, tsk. Big mistake. The new boss is nothing like the Old Boss (es).

24. Tartan69

Denying that Trump has moved the needle in a positive direction with North Korea is just simply idiotic. Yes there are flubs, but the overall strategy has been working.

As opposed to Obama's approach of doing every little thing seemingly perfectly but completely failing to hit the strategic goal. That's a lawyer versus a businessman for you.

25. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

Whatever movement there has been is not that significant. While the missile tests have stopped, and that is a good thing, it may mean that they no longer feel the need to test them, which would not be a good thing.

NK has been to the table before and has agreed to denuclearize on several occasions. Getting them to agree again certainly isn't bad, but has to be kept in perspective. We've been here before.. getting them to actually do it is the real challenge, and still failed when we were giving them stuff like reactors and food. There seems to be this idea that if you just 'be tough', things will magically happen.. but that is not how international relations work. This situation has existed so long because there is no strategic upper hand. Everyone knows force is out of the question because of what would happen to SK. So NK knows there are no real repercussions to flouting any deals it makes.

In the end, though, if he can find some way to do it that would be a great thing. But like your post, it seems like he is much more focused on claiming he did something while glossing over the details.. for example, saying that the nuclear threat is over when nothing had substantively changed.

Jayfar likes this.
  26. Templeton

I think the difference is having a partisan republican congress. If Obama had met with North Korea without preconditions the howling from the right would be deafening. Think of the outrage over Cuba, and the completely verifiable Iran deal as examples.

Any US president could have met with N. Korea at any point, they just chose not to.

Kim Jong-Un's Singapore Summit: North Korea Wins | National Review

The North delivered absolutely nothing on the American wish list at the summit and offered only the vaguest of indications about any deliverables in the future. No accounting of the current nuke and missile inventory. No accounting of the defense infrastructure currently mass-producing nukes and missiles. No accounting of WMD sales and services in the Middle East, or cyber-crime activities, or counterfeiting, or drug sales. Not even a small goodwill gesture, such as the release of Japanese abductees or an admission that North Korean agents did indeed kidnap David Sneddon, a young American last seen in China, as many who have followed the case believe.

27. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Ye have little faith.

Back on March 8th-- OldMama posted that Trump and Kim would never meet- she was positive of that.

A mere 3 months later? She, and many others proven wrong. Again.

So, today is July 14. I'll check back in 3 months to this thread-see where we're at.

When are you folks going to realize: The New Boss is nothing like the old boss.

28. ShoshTrvls

"It began with great expectations, an eagerly-anticipated meeting with a reclusive leader, and a gift bag that included an Elton John CD.

It ended with a scuttled rendezvous, statements declaring disappointment and stalemate. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's overnight visit to Pyongyang last week failed to demonstrate any progress on denuclearization talks, leading one source with knowledge of the discussions to say the White House felt it went "as badly as it could have gone." "The North Koreans were just messing around, not serious about moving forward," the source told CNN's Michelle Kosinski, adding that Pompeo had been promised a meeting with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, and so not getting that meeting sent a big message.

"By now it's abundantly clear that this approach is a dead end," said Adam Mount, a senior fellow and director of the Defense Posture Project at the Federation of American Scientists, where he covers US nuclear strategy, deterrence and North Korea.

Maximum leverage is gone
    But the ship of maximum leverage has sailed, argues Cheon Seong Whun, a former South Korean government official who worked in the defense and unification departments. It left, he says, the moment President Trump agreed to meet with Kim Jong Un without any preconditions. "He lost leverage when he agreed to those talks," said Cheon, a visiting research fellow at the Asan Institute for Policy Studies. "That was a huge political mistake."

The theater behind the failed Pompeo visit was "a repeated strategy by the North Koreans," he said, dubbing it a repeat of US-DPRK talks during the 1990s. "The North Koreans have a very correct understanding of
    weak spots in Western politicians who try to make a deal with them. The politicians have to sound optimistic. Pompeo is not prepared to admit he made a mistake," Cheon told CNN."

Pompeo's North Korea meeting went as badly as it could have gone' - CNNPolitics

29. Tartan69

I think the thing that everyone is missing with the Nork conversations is that it is a dance, partially with Kim but really directed at Xi the puppet master. It is a big picture negotiation, in context with the trade war, in which none of us know all the angles and all the facts. There will be ebbs and flows, small wins and small losses, but far far far too early to start claiming defeat here.

Unless of course it helps your political bias to do so...

30. Elliott87

Elliott87 Well-Known Member

But it wasn't far far far too early to claim victory?