Delusion of Grandeur

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness / Beauty and Fashion' started by phillip4321, Mar 12, 2018.

1. phillip4321

phillip4321 New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    I am trying to understand the "Delusion of Grandeur" psychology in everyday people.

"A delusion of grandeur is the false belief in one’s own superiority, greatness, or intelligence. People experiencing delusions of grandeur do not just have high self-esteem; instead, they believe in their own greatness and importance even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Someone might, for example, believe they are destined to be the leader of the world, despite having no leadership experience and difficulties in interpersonal relationships. Delusions of grandeur are characterized by their persistence. They are not just moments of fantasy or hopes for the future."
    Delusion of Grandeur

People have used this psychology to explain away famous people (ie. Donald Trump, Martin Shkreli, etc) or acts that have monumentous consequences (ie. National, World impact, etc).
    I want to bring this thread discussion, scale it down to normal, everyday, average Joe, trivial psychology.
    Can someone give me some "personal" examples of Delusion of Grandeur that you have seen in your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc?