Crime issue in Northwood this weekend

Discussion in 'Northeast Philadelphia' started by MrsCastle, May 27, 2013.

1. MrsCastle

MrsCastle Member

I still love it here, but it seems a bad guy who grew up in Northwood is haunting his old stomping grounds from his childhood.

Troy Andell, son of the former pastor of St James Church, has a prison record for drugs, robbery and assaulting two police officers. He has come to my home and the homes of several neighbors including John Taylor knocking on the door and asking for money. He knocked on one of my neighbors door at 10 pm on Friday and on ours 0630 on Sunday.

Coincidentally there was a break in at my home (near Dyre and Castor) on Thursday night at 11 pm. (Nothing taken, only minor damage to a screen) The alarm went off and scared the guy away so all we lost was a night's sleep and our innocence.

I don't know if the two are related, but police reports have been made and the detective is aware of Troy's reappearance in the neighborhood.

Just want any neighbors to be careful until this is resolved.

2. fkd1

fkd1 Member

both the andell boys were trouble

3. MrsCastle

MrsCastle Member

Well Troy is still around.... Knocking on a neighbor's door at 1230 AM to ask for money, then, after being shooed away, seen gaining entry to another neighbor's garage. Sort of pathetic, really. I know the cops are on to him and may have already picked him up.

We also had a family member have their car window broken and diaper bag stolen from the car. The contents, including her wallet and checkbook were found on the 1200 block of Fillmore. Only thing taken was an iPod and iPod Touch and $7 cash. This happened before noon on a weekday!

So we have been grateful for an increased police presence in our neighborhood lately. We have also had greater contact with our neighbors. Neighbors on Fillmore St helped reunite us with the stolen bag. Neighbors all around our block have been more engaged with each other.

It is an ill wind that blows no good, my mother always said.

mcgillians0927 likes this.
  4. nickster

nickster Bootlegger

I thought there was 24-hour private security on patrol in Northwood?

And newsflash--no matter what time it is, if you're not expecting anyone, don't answer the door.

fiveomar and mcgillians0927 like this.
  5. FKFRDBYMARRAIGE

FKFRDBYMARRAIGE New Member

What an unfortunate series of events...It is always disturbing to see actions that are brought on due to the crippling effects of addiction. It is rough to read about your experience with this individual......but, I also find it upsetting to see that this individuals family and church were mentioned in this posting. I struggle to see the relevance of the fathers occupation and former employer...When/if you have an issue with a person, PLEASE keep your opinions and editorials on the same path as your quarrel. I feel that it is not necessary for others to be brought into this discussion who are innocent to ANY and all of the above offenses. To my recollection, this gentleman's father was a respectable and valued member of the Frankford/Northwood communities for over 40 years. Also, other, innocent, members of his family, not associated with this person in any way, have dedicated their ENTIRE lives to the aforementioned religious institution and FKFRD/Northwood communities and can ONLY be hurt by being brought into this discussion.
    In conclusion, I AM TOTALLY EMPATHETIC for the loss of your night’s sleep and the loss of your innocence, but please understand that the community which you love is in desperate need of MORE care programs for individuals who suffer from these CRUSHING addictive diseases and nefarious actions that drugs bring into the picture. The church mentioned above has very recently been through a change in leadership and ALL AA/NA classes have been removed from the facility. Our brothers and sisters in this community need help and understanding NOT the LOSS of a meeting place that has provided support for addicts for the last 40+ years!!!
    So please, let us keep the focus on those who deserve it and have Rep John Taylor help bring back AA/NA meetings to those who need it in our neighborhood!
    Thank you!

xgrizelda.blancox likes this.
  6. fkd1

fkd1 Member

crime in northwood

i believe its terek andell because troy was killed in north philly years ago buying drugs

7. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Well said. There was absolutely no reason to mention the pastor's name or drag his church and family into it at all.
    If you want to post something and warn your neighbors, go right ahead. Give a description and other details, but leave the family out of it, IMO.
    Also, you live in Northwood. Not some luxury gated community. Why anyone would feel it is safe to leave a diaper bag in their car with their Ipods, wallet and check book is beyond me.

8. Cya

Cya Don't get me started

Oh,you must be mistaken. MrsCastle posted twice that it was Troy, so it must be true.

9. FKFRDBYMARRAIGE

WOW! FKD1. What a name. FKD1! I sure hope the fact that you use 1 does not mean that you are the "one" to speak for Frankford, because you are a dangerous individual! You just brought a name and event into a conversation that had nothing to do with the original conversation...AND BY THE WAY, YOUR INFORMATION IS WRONG. You just INTENTIONALLY brought a new name into the conversation. I am not going to say that person is an angel, but that person IS A FATHER. That person has 2 children who could some day read YOUR LIBELOUS comments. AND, Troy Andell WAS NOT "killed in north philly years ago buying drugs". That was a totally different HUMAN BEING who also does not belong in this conversation or ON YOUR LIPS! HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THOSE THAT HAVE DIED BEFORE US!
    You are a DANGEROUS "member" of your community!
    You led innocent people to be killed screaming "COMMUNIST!" while pointing your finger!
    You led innocent people to be killed screaming "JEW!" in Germany while pointing your finger!
    You led innocent people to be killed screaming "WITCH!" in Salem while pointing your finger!
    I would LOVE to look into your families history and Scream and Point at....
    The Gay cousin that I know you have.
    The Great Grandfather who "dabbled" in Pedophilia
    The Aunt who "worked" these Frankford streets to make a little extra money
    Look in your own mirror before bashing others who don't belong in the conversation!
    AND STOP BEING A MENACE AND DANGER TO YOUR COMMUNITY!
    Which is exactly what you are!

10. fkd1

fkd1 Member

i am sorry it was their brother i was thinking of, fkdby marriage you don''t have to be an *******, these 2 have robbed people all there lives in frankford and their parents turned a blind eye to it all so i don't care if their names are here or not

11. AnonymousCoward

AnonymousCoward kekekeke

Is anybody else wondering why MrsCastle is so worried about criminals when she's married to the Punisher?

12. FKFRDBYMARRAIGE

If you don't care if names are used here. Name yours. Coward.

13. MrsCastle

MrsCastle Member

I see your point Fkfrdbymarriage, but local neighbors all knew who he was in reference to his family. I don't think anyone thought that meant the family was responsible - only an identifier. That is certainly how I meant it.

I agree these are the effects of addiction, and actually quite sad.

To those above - leaving a purse in the car for 20 minutes at noon time is something that is quite safe many places in this country, and has been so here as well. A young mother managing two small children sometimes takes shortcuts. Feel free to think she got what she deserved. Very charitable. The Northwood security patrol is only at night, but they were alerted to all events.

Our neighbor came by and identified Troy Andell ( now I have said it three times)as the person he caught on his property breaking into a garage after midnight. We have his picture from a Minnesota mugshot. We also received a letter from the 15th district that there has been an increase in crime in the neighborhood coinciding with our first incident.

I believe they have made some progress as the police presence in the neighborhood is diminishing. I am grateful for things to get back to normal.

14. zeolite

zeolite Banned

I'd like to see this picture, if you really do have it.

15. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Well-Known Member

I've been out of the city for some time, but come back for family functions and visits. I have numerous family members still living in Northwood.

Yesterday, I was at a children's birthday party there, where this very subject was being discussed.

It was said that, "Troy used to work at the St. James Church and recently is back in Northwood, apparently targeting members of the church as his victims; that some members have even caught or identified him robbing their homes. But out of respect for his father, Rev. Paul, they refused to report the incident. They pity him."

Out of concern for my family members as well as those in the Northwood Community, I did a little research.

Here is Troy's mugshot:

[​IMG]

Troy Andell , Stearns / St. Cloud MN - StearnsMugshots.com

He has had many brushes with the law. An internet search can validate.

As a side note: The last thing our Society needs is more Drug Treatment Programs in residential neighborhoods that coddles & enables the pieces of crap to remain in circulation.

16. JKH26

JKH26 New Member

Troy Andell passed away on March 10th 2018.

17. Nanis

Nanis Member

Off topic but what even separates Frankford from Northwood?

18. xgrizelda.blancox

xgrizelda.blancox New Member

How? Just curious. Thoughts and prayers with the family.