Corporate PC Tastes Suck? Kate Smith Tossed onto Heap of History

Discussion in 'National' started by Phillyxpat, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

I found myself ranting the past 24 hours over on FB about the what I felt was the disloyalty of the Flyers on que from the NY Jankees on corporate taste of music. That many buttons were pushed in me remembering the Flyers first Stanley Cup in the 70s. That the statue of Kate on the grounds of Well Fargo (crook bank) Arena complex to me I did not know existed.

But I know the Rocky statue got pushed around like other statues in Philly, i.e. Stephen Girard, but to toss her so suddenly and because of some non-PC race words in obscure records, vinyl, that maybe only sold a few thousand copies in the early 1930s before she was even famous seemed so bizarre until a friend on FB pointed out that all this was a corporate right and decision to make. What was I spinning my wheels about?

So right. But in Kate's case, unmarried and no kids or relatives to shoot back a PR defense of her life and or life actions regarding race, sounds less and less to me like race as a cover for sexism, "Lock her up" - "Lock her up" kind of daily scapegoatism on Social media to feed that same media as grist and grease in the nature of that beast. The Wharton Global Corporate Spreadsheet speaks. Shut up peasant.

[​IMG]

April 21, 2019

Winston Smith in 1984 did not disappear in the middle of the night as fast as Kate Smith's statue did outside of Wells Fargo (we cheat everyone on an equal basis) Sports Arena in South Philly. Where the Flyers Hockey team used to win with her record of God Bless America. Will they win now?

The NY Jankees baseball team banned Kate's God Bless America from the seventh inning stretch. All because of some dated racist today words that she recorded on records in the early 1930s even before Hitler was a twinkle in Fred Trump's eye.

Is Frank Rizzo still downtown or did they ship him to South Philly and send him to live with the fishes off a pier at the Navy Yard.

This is bullshit.

This political correctness of the left that is begging Trump to win in 2020 after it purifies the party of all old white people who they are not throwing under the bus while they were alive but dumping their statues into the back of pickups headed to the junk yard to cash in on the current price of scrap metal.

This sucks.

Who's next in the left's witch hunt for political purity???

#1 Phillyxpat, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Kate Smith Cont'd - one of Kate's hateful songs that some say was satire and or sarcasm of sorts regarding the ridiculous situation of race in America in the 1930s, a song reflective of many Hollywood films then still carrying on the institutional racism mechanism of Minstrel Show/Vaudeville American tradition since the 1840s.

- Paul Robeson sang this song, same as Kate, and did not find it offensive. If anyone could complain about being a political prisoner in the United States for his political point of view, it was Paul Robeson, whose was banned from traveling abroad after the State Department withdrew his passport for a couple of years in the last 1950s.

Instead of having a discussion about the roots of racism in this country, corporations would rather not deal with it, would rather sweep it all under the rug?

That's Why Darkies Were Born - Lyrics:

Someone had to pick the cotton,
    Someone had to pick the corn,
    Someone had to slave and be able to sing,
    That's why darkies were born;
    Someone had to laugh at trouble,
    Though he was tired and worn,
    Had to be contented with any old thing,
    That's why darkies were born;

Sing, sing, sing when you're weary and
    Sing when you're blue,
    Sing, sing, that's what you taught
    All the…

.​

3. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

It's SATIRE you morons! The SJW Left is out of control.

4. Burholme06

Burholme06 Well-Known Member

But they are pretty harmless in of themselves. The problem is when government, corporations, cultural institutions, and society in general give them power by bowing to their will.

Hospitalitygirl and Tartan69 like this.
  5. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

And the corps get whispered in the ears more easily by all those Upper West Side Limousine Liberals that write checks instead of showing up at any rallies. This was a whisper in the ear kind of thing, the way this thing snow balled especially when the Jankees front office was so willing to talk to the Daily News (the liberal Dem paper) - this kind of story usually breaks in The Post - Murdoch's bird cage liner of a newspaper.

Kate Smith is a ST - not saint - but a Social Target - and all the more good because she has no relatives left to stick up for her. The Left wants Trump to win in 2020 - self destructive and if they can't get to a female like AOC, they will dig up old Kate's grave and sacrifice her for the sake of a daily fix of PCP Political Correctness PURITY. etc.

Tartan69 likes this.
  6. Hospitalitygirl

Hospitalitygirl Resident Ornery Bitch

This newest round of shit came about thanks to "Asa Khalif", self-declared local head of BLM and candidate for an at-large shitty council seat.

7. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

Any plans by the future floater councilman to sponsor commemorative statues to either John Africa and or Move? One person's hero is another person's terrorist? - is part of the current algorithm in global (thinking) politics and acting locally?

Hospitalitygirl likes this.
  8. OakmontGuy

OakmontGuy NE Philadelphia Proud!

Personally, I'm waiting for the crazies to start calling out veterans of WWII for the things they called the Germans, Japanese, and Italians.

"Hey, look at that statue over there! I have a tape of that guy calling the (fill in the blank regarding race, color, nationality, etc.) a bunch of (fill in term they've suddenly found to be offensive) eighty years ago! Cover it up! Knock it down!"

9. Templeton

Templeton Well-Known Member

I never knew not celebrating racists could be so controversial. Fortunately for you WWII statues don't have comic word balloons over them saying racist things, so they're safe. For now. Mwuhahhhaaa

Jayfar likes this.
  10. Phillyxpat

Phillyxpat Harrowgateer

You mean knocking down the WWII memorial in Washington DC. Imagine fostering the means of the Arsenal of Democracy and handing over to these young mostly white working class stiffs in uniform earning $21 a month to topple the German Colossus who never foresaw the error of there non-PC ways and language? Shame on them. Oh i shutter. The HORROR!