Commuting to Malvern and Temple

Discussion in 'Relocation - Moving to Philadelphia' started by apc68, Jan 23, 2018.

1. apc68

apc68 New Member

Hi! I’m not sure this is entirely the right section, as I’m already living in the Philadelphia area (Wayne) but I will be graduating from college in May and I’m trying to figure out the best place to live with my roommate. She has accepted a job in Malvern (Vanguard) and I will most likely be going to Temple for graduate school. What is the best place to live to give us semi-reasonable commutes while still having a reasonable night life? Meaning restaurant/chill bars/events, not so much clubs and college bars. I would like to utilize public transit rather than drive in the city and pay to park on campus, but she is okay with either septa or driving. We thought abought Bryn Mawr (35 minutes on septa either direction) but It’s expensive. We both really like Manayunk as well, but it seems like she would have to take 76 and that could make her commute an hour+. Living in the city would be cool but just seems unreasonable for her. Any other ideas?

2. eldondre

eldondre Well-Known Member

Ardmore might be a decent option.

Titus likes this.
  3. Titus

Titus Well-Known Member

Maybe Havertown.

4. PASnow

PASnow Well-Known Member

Conshohocken. You get the nightlife, restaurant scene. Fairly short commute to Malvern, if 76 is bad can likely find a back route and side roads, and the train (Manayunk/Norristown line) stops at Temple.