Comcast Innovation Tower

Discussion in 'Architecture and Urban Planning' started by Phillyurban8, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

Titus likes this.
  2. Titus

Titus Well-Known Member

Interesting to see the closeups. I've been watching it day by day, and find it disappointing. There is something lazy about the design. IMHO

3. Phillyurban8

Phillyurban8 Well-Known Member

It is lazy. Foster dialed it in. Those rows of mechanical grilles on the north and south sides are quite permanent. North and south sides don't even have symmetrical placement of those grilles. And on the north side one can see two massive, unshielded from view chillers.

This building is looking more and more like a design that never got past the conceptual stage and it has extremely poor mechanical integration. The spire has no detail whatsoever and that really is the proof in the pudding.

#63 Phillyurban8, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    fiveomar likes this.
  4. Phillyurban8

Phillyurban8 Well-Known Member

The just completed Salesforce tower in San Francsico has generated much controversy but I think it's a better design overall.

Scoats likes this.
  5. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

Compared to $24 million dollar refrigerators, they seem to be a bargain.

6. Jayfar

Jayfar I'm very old®

#66 Jayfar, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    fiveomar likes this.
  7. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

Agree that is a ridiculous number. Curious if Trump had any sign-off oversight on that, particularly given his prior criticisms of the costs around the Air Force One program.

8. ShoshTrvls

ShoshTrvls Well-Known Member

That's where the buck stops. Given his addiction to tv news, he certainly knows about it and evidently hasn't done anything to stop it.

9. Politburo

Politburo Well-Known Member

Was it reported on Hannity?

10. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

I think he's a FoxandFriends kinda guy.

I don't know why anyone thinks he would care about the cost. He spends millions to golf at his clubs and fly to his mansions every weekend.

If its for him, he's for it. (by the way this extends to people as well as spending money)

11. fiveomar

fiveomar Well-Known Member

I despise Trump and think he's a terrible President overall, but I can at least do my own independent research on the matter and form an unbiased conclusion unlike the sheep/brainwashed party loyalists on both sides here.

Trump is the one that called out the high cost of Air Force One replacements, and now a more affordable option has been found:
    Air Force Finds Cheap 747s That Were Owned by Russian Airline for Air Force One

On the refrigerators topic, if you read about the high cost it's due to needing to store up to 3,000 meals in case of an epic disaster/warfare; Air Force One needs to operate as a "mobile Whitehouse" and fly indefinitely without landing:
    Air Force One To Get New, $24 Million Refrigerators

Anyway, this topic has digressed heavily from the new Comcast tower discussion.

#71 fiveomar, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Titus and MackeyDingo like this.
  12. MackeyDingo

MackeyDingo REALLY Well-Known Member

He tweeted about the cost of air force one. Are we taking tweets as policy now? He also tweeted that the press is the enemy of the American people.
    Its probably most accurate to say he has taken every position on every topic at least once. Meaning his words aren't that useful.

Interestingly, in 1964 an army aircraft crashed into the north side of Trump's first building, 40 Wall Street, killing all five people aboard and no tower occupants (Trump would not be born for a few more months, but I'm confident he's still somehow responsible). Apparently these types of accidents are more common that one might think (one might think they would simply not happen at all, ever).

See? We're back to architecture.

#72 MackeyDingo, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  13. Tartan69

Tartan69 Pawn in game of life

This is great info and clarification, thanks.