Bushu properties? 7200 germantown

Discussion in 'Mt. Airy / Chestnut Hill / Germantown' started by ks2pa, May 8, 2017.

1. ks2pa

ks2pa Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what is the deal with 7200 Germantown? Why hasn't there been any effort to do something with the space? I looked up the owner and my impression is that he seems to have a history of needlessly turning tenants away (like he did with the Mt. Airy Art Garage). It is very frustrating having such a large empty storefront right in the center of the business district. Can anything be done?

vampyre927 and stock like this.
  2. stock

stock Well-Known Member

Who does own it? I'm amazed nothing has been there.

vampyre927 likes this.
  3. ks2pa

ks2pa Well-Known Member

It appears to be owned by a guy named Greg Bushu. He may have some connection to the Fitlife gym (though I don't believe he owns that building). He is the same guy that kicked Mt. Airy Art Garage out of their space. That space is also now vacant. It looks like he also kicked the flourtown farmers market out of their space back in 2015.

vampyre927 likes this.
  4. Margaret Motheral

Margaret Motheral New Member

I know Bushu became quite ill a number of years ago. Perhaps it was easier to shut things down. I know Philly and NW are good at what is called "real estate mobbing" but it would be highly illegal and criminal to start such a campaign against him. Leave it alone.

5. ks2pa

ks2pa Well-Known Member

Who has proposed real estate mobbing? I don't want to kick tenants out of property I want to get tenants in. He owns prominent commercial real estate in the heart of Mt. Airy's commercial corridor. This real estate has long been vacant and there appears to have been little to no effort to change that. If he is too sick to do anything with his property he needs to sell it. The mindset of "leave it alone" has left Mt. Airy with an underwhelming commercial corridor. I would like to change that. I am just not sure where to start.

MackeyDingo and stock like this.
  6. funk

funk Well-Known Member

i have a feeling you're going to get the "Philly Shrug" from about 1,000,000 people.

7. ks2pa

ks2pa Well-Known Member

You may be right. Unfortunately I am not sure that there is a way to force him to do something with this property. I have had a few ideas (like using the new Conservatorship act) but nothing has seemed realistic once I've done additional research.