Register
+ Reply to Thread
    wollstonecraft is offline Senior Member

Default Aqua Water Usage Too High?

I rent inside a private home in Cheltenham. My landlord and neighbors subscribe to Aqua water. Recently my landlord came to me and showed me the water usage Aqua is claiming is used in the house. It's up around 60 to 80 gallons a day, and December spiked to about three times that amount. I'm very conscientious about conserving water, and I don't think my landlord uses that much in a day. He contacted his neighbors on either side, and they said they also think that Aqua's claims of their water usage are way too high. Is this happening with anyone else?

AsYouWere is offline Banned

I would like to drop my land line just to get their meter off of it, they probably eaves drop om my calls.

Your LL can monitor the meter keeping in mind every revolution of the dial or numerical digit equals 1 cubic ft or 7.48 gals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcxuovDexwQ

MEDUSA is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wollstonecraft View Post
    I rent inside a private home in Cheltenham. My landlord and neighbors subscribe to Aqua water. Recently my landlord came to me and showed me the water usage Aqua is claiming is used in the house. It's up around 60 to 80 gallons a day, and December spiked to about three times that amount. I'm very conscientious about conserving water, and I don't think my landlord uses that much in a day. He contacted his neighbors on either side, and they said they also think that Aqua's claims of their water usage are way too high. Is this happening with anyone else?
    File a complaint , it is the best method to get answers and it will stop any bills until resolved..you will see how serious they will take that ...Utility companies hate the PUC ...no wonder why ..

Make sure to file a formal complaint !!! (they will need an attorney because they are a corporation, you don't need one, as a private person you have the right to defend yorself pro se ... do it !!

PUC - Filing Complaints

Politburo is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEDUSA View Post
    File a complaint
    I don't think OP can file a PUC complaint, as they are not the ratepayer. Landlord will have to do it.

wollstonecraft is offline Senior Member

Thanks, everyone. AsYouWere, my landlord called Aqua. They claimed that they visit the property once a month, and that their usage figures are based on a water meter mounted on the outside wall of the house. My landlord and I both looked all around the house, and found no water meter, only a gas meter and an electricity meter. I also went down into his cellar to look for a meter, and didn't find one down there, either. If there were a meter in the cellar, they would have had to gain access to the house to take a reading. I know this is my landlord's problem, not mine, but I wanted to help him out if I could. I think he's going to have to file a complaint with the PUC.

lucidinnature is offline Banned

Is there a laundry washer in the house? Home showers roughly go through 5 gallons per minute unless they are brand new. Just trying to come up with some things that might help you to figure it out.

Politburo is offline Senior Member

FWIW the meter can typically be read wirelessly, and may be in a box in the ground.