Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    mixiboi is online now Philly Remixed

Stats are meaning less without any real data and research behind them.
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

56MARKET is offline Member

So what exactly is your point ''Gio''? Why not just be thankful you are safe from all harm in your suburban paradise and spare the poor unfortunate city dwellers on this site from your pontificating about ''The Enemy's Center of Gravity''.

NickleDimer is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy ross View Post
    The weather's gettin' crappy. It affects both places.
    The snowfall last Tuesday: mostly rain in the city, mostly snow in the western suburbs.

UPDATED GETTIN' CRAPPY SCOREBOARD:
    Suburbs: 1,041
    City: 1,042

billy ross is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickleDimer View Post
    The snowfall last Tuesday: mostly rain in the city, mostly snow in the western suburbs.

UPDATED GETTIN' CRAPPY SCOREBOARD:
    Suburbs: 1,041
    City: 1,042
    I noticed that when we took Upper State Road to Whitpain from Bucks County on Saturday. Some houses had snowmen in the lawns - the kids were very excited to see the snow. We'll probably be getting snow in the city soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio7707 View Post
    Six dead in one of Philadelphia's bloodiest weekends of 2012

Philadelphia had one of its bloodiest weekends of the year, with two fatal shootings Saturday afternoon and four more that night and early Sunday.

With 306 homicides since January, the city is on track to post a higher homicide rate in 2012 than last year. That would be the third consecutive year of rising homicides.
    Look at who got murdered in Philly this weekend. They are not people I associate with, and they didn't behave as I behave, so I'm not worried about 'them' coming to get me. We're not out looking for trouble at 3am Saturday night / Sunday morning, and anybody who is is going to find it soon enough. The kid who got killed by his parent and guardian in some sadistic disciplinary lesson was unfortunate in the luck of the draw that gave him the parents that he got. My kids aren't so unfortunate, and we don't associate with people like that, people who are so stupid that they don't realize that in their battle of wills they are inflicting so much harm on the kid that they're literally killing him.
    Last edited by billy ross; 12-03-2012 at 06:28 PM.

NJbound is offline Guest

Around noon on Saturday, police found a 26-year old man shot once in the head in a house on the 1700 block of Erie Avenue. He was pronounced dead a short time later at the scene.

17-year-old boy was shot in the head in the 2000 block of South Croskey Street in South Philadelphia. He died at the scene, police said.

These people are anything out the ordinary billy?

I noticed that when we took Upper State Road to Whitpain from Bucks County on Saturday. Some houses had snowmen in the lawns - the kids were very excited to see the snow. We'll probably be getting snow in the city soon enough.

Look at who got murdered in Philly this weekend. They are not people I associate with, and they didn't behave as I behave, so I'm not worried about 'them' coming to get me. We're not out looking for trouble at 3am Saturday night / Sunday morning, and anybody who is is going to find it soon enough. The kid who got killed by his parent and guardian in some sadistic disciplinary lesson was unfortunate in the luck of the draw that gave him the parents that he got. My kids aren't so unfortunate, and we don't associate with people like that, people who are so stupid that they don't realize that in their battle of wills they are inflicting so much harm on the kid that they're literally killing him.

O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJbound View Post
    Around noon on Saturday, police found a 26-year old man shot once in the head in a house on the 1700 block of Erie Avenue. He was pronounced dead a short time later at the scene.

17-year-old boy was shot in the head in the 2000 block of South Croskey Street in South Philadelphia. He died at the scene, police said.

How much do you about the 17 year olds past?
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

NJbound is offline Guest

Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    How much do you about the 17 year olds past?
    absolutely nothing. Why?

MarketStEl is offline Will Work for Food, But Prefers Cash
    East Germantown rocks! But watch your back.

Quote Originally Posted by NJbound View Post

I'm gonna back up Billy here and suggest that they are.

I knew I wasn't in my element that one evening when I ducked into a place called the Bridge & Pratt Café to kill some time before catching a bus home. And everyone in that bar resembled me in one key respect. My neighborhood, a mere 20 minutes' walk from that establishment, doesn't have cop cars congregating outside its watering holes on a semi-regular basis.

Most Philadelphians don't routinely encounter the folks who are busy killing one another. Those who do find themselves in the crossfire but don't want to be deserve our sympathies, for most of those folks want what we want.
    Sandy Smith, Wanderer in Germantown, Philadelphia
    Editor-in-Chief, Philly Living Blog - but all opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone.
    ""Jazz and blogging are both intimate, improvisational, and individual -- but also inherently collective. And the audience talks over both." --Andrew Sullivan, "Why I Blog," The Atlantic, November 2008

Eastcoast is offline Senior Member

In what town does Gio reside?

Stuff like this is what scares me:

Man Pushed to Death on Subway Tracks - NYTimes.com

I know they're statistical outliers, but clearly the wrong person got pushed onto the tracks in this case. Meanwhile and endless stream of people continues to pour into NYC.

discoprincess is offline Senior Member

Stuff like this is what scares me:

Man Pushed to Death on Subway Tracks - NYTimes.com

I know they're statistical outliers, but clearly the wrong person got pushed onto the tracks in this case. Meanwhile and endless stream of people continues to pour into NYC.
    A case like that is a statistical outlier. I believe most people who get killed by subway trains are jumpers.

Witnesses stated that they saw signs that the alleged pusher was mentally unstable. If this is true, this incident may be reminiscent of the one involving Kendra Webdale, who was also pushed (fatally) in front of a subway train by someone who was mentally ill.

I look around me and step behind a pillar whenever a train pulls in the station, hoping at least that I can see whoever is going to try to push me.

Default Gettin' Crappy

Missing Radnor girl found safe; man, 20, arrested

Where are the brain synapses here? Radnor is elite? Is Garrett Hill the wrong side of the tracks or something? It looked like a college town to me the last time I was there, and it seemed pleasant enough.
    Last edited by billy ross; 12-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Gio7707 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
    In what town does Gio reside?
    Atlantis...

NickleDimer is online now Senior Member

Where are the brain synapses here? Radnor is elite? Is Garrett Hill the wrong side of the tracks or something? It looked like a college town to me the last time I was there, and it seemed pleasant enough.
    It's only a matter of time before all those elite Radnor girls move to Virginia with their 20 year old online Juggalo boyfriends. It happened once. It must be a trend.

Getting Crappy Scoreboard:
    City: 1465
    Suburbs: 1466

5-Year-Old's Death "Clearly Child Abuse:" Ramsey | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Updated:
    City: 1466

Sycamore is offline Sure Shot

Yep. Garrett Hill was originally built to house domestic workers and blue collar types.

Eastcoast is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gio7707 View Post
    Atlantis...

Ahhh, that explains much.

The mercury.

Cammycap is offline Member

or their dime bags