Register
+ Reply to Thread
    19147 is online now Senior Member

Default 1 dead in Route 42 crash

1 dead in Route 42 crash | 6abc.com

Anyone know what happened here? I drove past the scene last night shortly after it happened. Only one cop car on the scene. Very disturbing sight. I was hoping it was a deer but knew it wasn't.

I can't find any other info.

GLOUCESTERTWP., N.J. - July 31, 201 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are investigating an overnight accident on Route 42 that left one woman dead.

The accident happened along the northbound lanes of Route 42, near the Coles Mill Road exit.

Initial reports indicate that an unidentified woman was struck by several vehicles.

The vehicles involved in the accident did stop.

Police have not released any more information at this time.

Preesi is offline Senior Member

Well, it's not a shore point (About 50 miles from AC) and I don't know of any other NJ folders. Seems more like suburb (About 13 miles from PHL) than a shore point. I don't really care where it goes. I just wanted to see if anyone had any more info as the only story I could find was very limited at the time.

dogoagogo is offline Senior Member

FWIW the vehicles (at least after the initial one) may not have known it was a human on the road. Been there. Still have nightmares.

I'm thinking they may have known since so many cars stopped. The woman was apparently crossing 42 from the median for some reason. Still very limited details. I think I'll have nightmares just from seeing the aftermath. It seemed like many, if not all, of those involved stopped and were in shock on the side of the road. I was on some levels too but kept driving on hoping it wasn't what I knew it was.