Here he is! The man of the hour!
Hi, my name is Vinny (A11842207) and Iíve been patiently waiting for my forever home since November of 2010. I am actually the longest term resident here at ACCT, but that hasnít broken my spirit!
Hereís my storyÖ
My family surrendered me to ACCT because they said I was too much responsibility, which baffles me and all of my human friends at ACCT!
I am such a chill, laid back, low-maintenance furry guy!
My favorite pastimes include rolling around on the grass, eating bones, taking walks, and getting my back scratched!
While I enjoy human companionship, I am not one of those ďneedy,Ē clingy guys! I am independent and can entertain myself without a problem!
Here are some other things you should know about me.
1. I am not a puppy, so I donít have that crazy puppy energy and you wonít have to worry about me chewing stuff in the house! But I am still young! Iím somewhere between 3-5 years old!
2. While I love going out for walks, I do need some work with leash! Perhaps if I was getting walked every day I wouldnít pull so much! I get so excited when a volunteer takes me outside, I pull them all the way out the door! ☺
3. I am completely potty trained, although after being at ACCT for so long, I may have an accident or two until I am on a set schedule! But donít worry I can hold it in once I know someone is coming home to let me out!
4. I ignored kitties, I wasnít sure what to make of that hissing thing, so I figured Iíd better walk away!
5. While I didnít have many social encounters with dogs prior to coming to ACCT, I have made some great canine pals while here, but theyíve all left for their forever homes! Minnie was my girlfriend and I really miss spending time with her! So if you have a female dog in your house, Iíd love to meet her!
6. I am treat motivated, and eager to please, so training me will be easy!
I recently had a couple of rescues willing to pull me and everyone was all excited! Then something terrible happened! I got this fungal infection called ringworm, which is a totally treatable infection, but because I am in the shelter, I am not healing as quickly as Iíd like! I get lyme sulfur baths and I take oral medication, but the best place for me to heal is in a home!
And so I am reaching out to the community to see if there is anyone out there that would be willing to foster or adopt me now!!! I know I will be better in no time if I can get out of here!
I promise that if you make me a part of your family, I will show you my gratitude and appreciation every day of my life! I will shower you with love and affection, I will be the best, most loyal, furry companion youíve ever had! Iím just asking for a chance! My friends here at ACCT say that because I am such a good boy, I really deserve a second chance!
If you can give me a second chance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and my human friends will get back to you to set up a meet! Hope to meet you soon!
With Love and Gratitude,
Animal Care and Control Team - ACCT
111 West Hunting Park Avenue
Our adoption hours are Monday through Friday, 1:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am until 5:00pm.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO