Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jazzcat is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucy van pelt View Post
    The Pope is getting blamed because it's becoming quite obvious that he was very much involved in the cover-up before he was even elected Pope, under John Paul. Sure, oftentimes the leaders get the de facto blame simply because they're the leaders. But that's not the case with Benedict.
    Yes, I understand this.....but this has been going on for years...before Benedict.....

Quote Originally Posted by xxxTHX1138xxx View Post
    well liberals will do anything to protect their sacred cow, the homosexuals.
    the Catholic faith does not endorse child molestation and I dare you to show me any dogma of the church that states it.

Again - the liberals in the church, Bishops and priests alike, especially the faggot ex archbishop Weakland are the ones who thumbed their noses at Rome and allowed these vermin into the seminaries. Are you going to deny ex archbishop Weakland was gay? he even admitted to it and to having affairs with young men.

Where did Pope Benedict EVER say he endorsed this? Do you not think over organizations cover this up?
    Good lord, sounds like SOMEone wandered away from 1930's Deutschland. Our time must seem scary and strange indeed to one such as you.

xanthus is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sometimesilie View Post
    Good lord, sounds like SOMEone wandered away from 1930's Deutschland. Our time must seem scary and strange indeed to one such as you.
    A great barb and very funny. I think the blogger in question protests a little too much about homosexuality. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

newphil is offline Senior Member

The media loves to pound on the Church. Why are heinous acts commited by other religions not pounded into our conscience?

Orthodox sex abuse scandal
    117 kid victims and 85 arrests in Jewish enclave

85 busted as Brooklyn district attorney’s Project Tzedek targets child-sex predators in Orthodox Jewish community - NYPOST.com

And with the Rabbis it IS a cover up:

"Agudath Israel of America, a prominent body of Torah sages, requires anyone alleging sex abuse by a fellow observant Jew to first report to its rabbis, who decide whether the case should go to secular authorities."

But never mind the media will tells us what is truth...

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/orthodox_sex_abuse_scandal_Vzaqd3TbKtikUv0h6b3clI# ixzz1m8WgT56z"

iheartphilly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Litter Box View Post
    We should just put these pedophiles in jail and the priests and bishops with them. This has been going on for decades and the only way to slow it down is jail these child molesters. I think comparing them to NAMBLA is accurate.
    I agree with you, but it'll never happen. Too much money & layers of protection. I also think that people actually think they'll go to hell if they speak up. Ugh.

scotchrocks is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by newphil View Post
    The media loves to pound on the Church. Why are heinous acts commited by other religions not pounded into our conscience?

Orthodox sex abuse scandal
    117 kid victims and 85 arrests in Jewish enclave

85 busted as Brooklyn district attorney’s Project Tzedek targets child-sex predators in Orthodox Jewish community - NYPOST.com

And with the Rabbis it IS a cover up:

"Agudath Israel of America, a prominent body of Torah sages, requires anyone alleging sex abuse by a fellow observant Jew to first report to its rabbis, who decide whether the case should go to secular authorities."

But never mind the media will tells us what is truth...

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/orthodox_sex_abuse_scandal_Vzaqd3TbKtikUv0h6b3clI# ixzz1m8WgT56z"
    I think it's the sheer size of the congregation (over 1 billion worldwide) involved that keeps the catholic scandal at the fore. also, I dare you to get a negative story about Judaism on the front page of any major newspaper in the us.
    "True freedom means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience.” ~David Foster Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by xxxTHX1138xxx View Post
    The other think I find interesting from the liberal media and the liberal left as a whole is that the majority of the boys molested were post-pubescent. The priests were going after teen males for sex. Why not altar girls? Gee...because they are gay.
    Oh NOES, not the "Liberal Media!"

Can haz Media conspiracy.

You goddamn wackjob.

FKD19124 is offline Banned

whack job how? he's right. the priests that are engaging in this ARE GAY!
    and yes 90% of the media is slanted to the left.

You goddamn wackjob.
    Last edited by FKD19124; 02-14-2012 at 08:25 AM.

newphil is offline Senior Member

You goddamn wackjob.
    Right, don't let facts get in the way of perception. Can you imagine the truth on CNN. "80% of sex abuse attributable to gay priests." Wait you mean gays can't keep their sex in their pants, but hetero priests can?! What would this type of fair reporting do to the cause!

Face the facts you refuse admit that gays are more likely to commit sex crimes. It would be devastating for you to accept that a devient is more likely to arise out of the gay lifestyle. Looks like the boy scouts were on to something.

JoeBaker is offline Senior Member

You goddamn wackjob.
    The guy's banned you know.

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

Quote Originally Posted by newphil View Post
    Face the facts you refuse admit that gays are more likely to commit sex crimes..
    Uhhhhhh..First, what are "sex crimes"? Second, did you get this info from on of those "family" groups?
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

toxigal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
    and yes 90% of the media is slanted to the left.
    and 94.56784% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

FKD19124 is offline Banned

not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by toxigal View Post
    and 94.56784% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
    not quite.
    Yeah they are. Statistics are 100% incorrect as they can never have the full range to sample.

funk is offline Senior Member

i could care less, but i figured i'd add some fuel to the eternal fire of hell for these sallies ...

Lawyers: Bevilacqua ordered memo on priests to be shredded

Ptolemy is offline Member
    Spruce Hill, University City, Philadelphia.

Actually, I go to Media quite often.

They have a good pizzeria on Baltimore Pike called Pinocchio's.

I don't think Media is especially liberal ... I think they have a mix of both liberals and conservatives. In fact the town council has more elected Republicans than Democrats, but on the other other hand I am told Delaware County has slowly been shifting and voting more for Democrats recently over the GOP.

Oh, you mean the newspapers, magazines, television??? Oops.

Guess who's coming to Philly...

Pope to visit Philadelphia in 2015

In a statement released by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Chaput called the pope's World Meeting announcement "a gift to the local church in Philadelphia and to the whole nation."

"I am so grateful to the Holy Father that he has chosen Philadelphia and excited that we will host the 2015 World Meeting of Families," Chaput said. "It's fitting that this gathering, which celebrates the cornerstone of society, will take place in America's cradle of freedom."

Saying the concept of family "is founded on a deep and loving union between one man and one woman for mutual support and the nurturing of children," Chaput said the World Meeting "will be a wonderful opportunity to highlight the family as the basic evangelizing unit of the Church. Every effort to promote marriage and the family serves not only the Church, but also the common good."
    Oh goody....

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    Guess who's coming to Philly...

Pope to visit Philadelphia in 2015

Oh goody....
    Why is this a problem? Do you think there will be mass pedophiliac assaults?
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Why is this a problem? Do you think there will be mass pedophiliac assaults?
    Oh its not a problem(Well besides the conference is anti-Gay Marriage), but you know that the people who been banging the drum against the church here will be out in force that year.

Even after these cases are over, they aren't done....The current Pope is seen to them as a part of this as anyone else who covered it up.