Register
+ Reply to Thread
    dmmizzan is offline Junior Member

Default Found cat - 19th and Montrose

This poor cat has been outside at 19th and Montrose for the last 5 days or so - our neighbor has been feeding her, but please PM me or come pick her up. She is definitely not feral, someone has either lost her or locked her out. Its freezing outside!

Gladys is offline Senior Member

Is she outside now or have you let her in.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

She is still outside, we have two (territorial) cats inside our house.

is she friendly?
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

Naveen is offline Senior Member

I would at least set-up a shelter area for her, a box or something, and put a blanket or other warm sheets inside, at least so she can have some shelter from the cold. It is bitter cold.

Also, probably best to notify shelters of her and give them her picture, in case there is someone looking for her.

Sailaway is offline Giggity Giggity Goo!

Posting to Craigslist's Lost and Found and the Lost and Found Facebook (I can't believe I'm actually recommending someone go to Facebook, lol!) might help reunite her and her family.

philadelphia lost & found classifieds - craigslist

https://www.facebook.com/LostAndFoundKitties

Good luck, I hope she finds home soon.
    If you believe people should work till they die to pay for a government worker to retire at 50, you're a Democrat. Otherwise, you're a Republican. All other differences between the parties are trivial.

she can't be outside in the bitter cold. In this case the shelter is better. If she is very nice. I can bring her in i a crate over night.

- LUCas

Thanks @Sailaway, cross-posted there now.

@Gladys, I dont know of any no-kill shelters, unfortunately.

Sailaway is offline Giggity Giggity Goo!

Quote Originally Posted by dmmizzan View Post
    Thanks @Sailaway, cross-posted there now.

@Gladys, I dont know of any no-kill shelters, unfortunately.
    Start looking here:

The nOkill Network > No Kill Animal Shelters > Pennsylvania

I don't have any personal experience with the any listed there but
    I do with the Animal Adoption Center in Lindenwold- this is one I know about - my ex and I adopted a lovely dog, Angie, from there. As good a girl as they get.
    If you believe people should work till they die to pay for a government worker to retire at 50, you're a Democrat. Otherwise, you're a Republican. All other differences between the parties are trivial.

Is the kitty still outside? If so it's time for us to find her someplace inside the next few days are too cold.

- LUCas

Did the kitty make her way home?

- LUCas

She hasn't been outside for the last couple days - either found her way home or someone brought her back inside. Thanks for the help/advice.

Bump - we took her in when she appeared again Tuesday with an overnight low was in the teens, and dropped her off at ACCT last night. She is very friendly, if you would like to adopt her please call AACT at 267-385-3800, her ID is A19009953. Thanks.

BUMP: She's very friendly, she let us pick her up and pet her without any trouble or even hissing

Here's the link for this kitty!!!! They are calling him Monroe.

Animal ID 19009953
    Species Cat
    Breed Domestic Shorthair/Mix
    Size Medium
    Color Grey/Black
    Declawed No
    Housetrained Unknown
    Intake Date 1/23/2013

MONROE (A19009953) is a handsome guy! He is a golden brown tabby, about 1-2 years old. He weighs an average 9 pounds and was found wondering around someone's neighborhood. He was hoping that his family would come looking for him, but they haven't been by! Monroe has a scar on his nose, which makes him even cuter. He is a sweet guy who is still a little nervous in the shelter. It can take a few days to adjust to such a change, so Monroe will certainly come around, and will get back to his usual friendly self much faster in a home! Stop by and meet Monroe today!

Animal Details

You are here: Home / Adopt
    Adopt

ACCT Philly welcomes adopters 7 days a week, 365 days a year! We have cats, kittens, dogs and puppies of all breeds, ages and sizes ready for their new homes. Adopting a new pet is easy. Our shelter is open weekdays, 1pm – 8pm, and weekends, 10am – 5pm. Please bring photo ID with your current name and address.

Adoption fees vary from as low as zero dollars – that’s right, no fee – to $300 depending on the age, species and type of animal. We frequently offer special adoption discounts and promotions; check out the News page for details!
    Available Adoptables

Check out our DOGS for adoption
    Check out our CATS for adoption
    Check out our other SMALL ANIMALS for adoption

The adoption fee for dogs and cats includes your new pet’s spay/neuter surgery, microchip, age appropriate vaccinations, deworming, and an offer for 30 days of free pet health insurance from ShelterCare. Cats and kittens can be adopted two for the price of one through our Adopt-A-Buddy program.

Download an adoption questionnaire here.

If you have any questions about adoptions or about any of our adoptable friends, please email us at adopt@acctphilly.org, or call us at (267) 385-3800.

- LUCas

Thanks for the link and info, Gladys!