Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Spelt666 is offline Senior Member

Default MD plated car with zone 1 parking permit park

Can your car be from Maryland and still have a parking permit, I thought that was a no no?

Politburo is offline Senior Member

"The vehicle registration requirement can be waived if you drive a company car (including a leased company car), or if you are in the military service."

Quote Originally Posted by Politburo View Post
    "The vehicle registration requirement can be waived if you drive a company car (including a leased company car), or if you are in the military service."
    Makes sense

billy ross is online now Senior Member

Did you cross-reference the info on the permit sticker with the license plate?

WillFulmer is offline Junior Member

Where is this vehicle located?

bootsywannabe is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WillFulmer View Post
    Where is this vehicle located?
    Maybe its 67' feet in the air at 1607 Catharine St., blocking my Western light and view.

I know the owner of this vehicle and like the other posters said, this is a federal government vehicle.

Gladys is offline Senior Member

That brings me to something i've been wondering. What if you don't own a car but rent one or lease, philly car share etc... can you get a parking permit to put in your car that you park near your home?
    Seems like you should be able to. It's only fair and better for the neighborhood not to have to own a car and park it all the time on the street.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

If you rent a vehicle you can get a 15 or 30 day temporary permit for any zone - $15/$30. My vehicle was in an accident and had to do this with my loaner.

With a lease, as long as the registration is in your name and address, you are eligible for a RPP (Residential Parking Permit).

Philly care share/zipcar - no, there are designated spots for these vehicles.

Gladys is offline Senior Member

The city really needs to evolve and realized car ownership is not the way of the future. Make it easier, not harder to use one when you need it.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

elissa is offline Member

I had a roommate do this illegaly (not a federal or company car). He bought a permit from a guy to put in his NJ-plated car. It worked most of the time (in southeast Center City, South Philly), but over the course of a year he got one or two tickets for it. Why he didn't just register the car in PA, I have no idea..

Quote Originally Posted by elissa View Post
    I had a roommate do this illegaly (not a federal or company car). He bought a permit from a guy to put in his NJ-plated car. It worked most of the time (in southeast Center City, South Philly), but over the course of a year he got one or two tickets for it. Why he didn't just register the car in PA, I have no idea..
    waaaay cheaper car insurance would usually be the reason

Gone is offline Banned

Is the horse coming back? Cars will be around well into the future.

lbphilly is offline Occupant

We don't own a car and must pay $7/day for one of the daily hang-tags when we rent a car. Just one of the many things that is going into our evaluation of the shifting value proposition of Philadelphia home-ownership.
    Laura Blanchard
    lb_philly@yahoo.com

[The "ignore" feature from your control panel is a great way to improve the civility of discourse on this bulletin board]

elissa is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spelt666 View Post
    waaaay cheaper car insurance would usually be the reason
    I'm not too sure about that. When I switched my (full) coverage from NJ to PA (Francisville address), the premium was pretty much flat.

daninpa is online now Cheesesteak GURU!

Same here... premium was pretty much the same.