Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gladys is online now Senior Member

Default Store at 21st and Christian

Anyone know what's going on here? It seems to be moving at a snails pace. Thought it was to be open by now.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

Lolly is offline your neighbor

As mentioned here:

Quote Originally Posted by lbphilly View Post
    I watched the owner of this place as he rehabbed the property directly across 21st Street several years back. He does a lot of the work himself and is a meticulous craftsman. I'm pretty sure that the end product will be worth the wait.

i looked through and couldn't find the link sorry but since it's a different location it would be nice if it had it's own thread anyway. How could i be expected to find it under carpenter and 20th?
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

Don't know, but I did.

That said, I agree. That place definitely deserves it's own thread. She says, with bated breath...

lbphilly is offline Occupant

Also, please remember, he's not one of these wham-bam developers. He and his partner will be living there and running the store. Give him time.
    Laura Blanchard
    lb_philly@yahoo.com

[The "ignore" feature from your control panel is a great way to improve the civility of discourse on this bulletin board]

darthsinatra is offline Senior Member

He's not using union labor!? RAT!

booberry is offline Junior Member

If he's still intending to have the space be a market or something, how will he deal with handicap accessibility? There seems only to be stepped entries. I would doubt after this much detailed work and attention to detail, that would be last-minute change.

tf683 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lbphilly View Post
    Also, please remember, he's not one of these wham-bam developers. He and his partner will be living there and running the store. Give him time.
    Any update on this project? It seems to have stalled again!

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Quote Originally Posted by tf683 View Post
    I didn't notice any signs of stalling. The window glass is now in the storefront windows. Then too I noticed that the 2nd floor appears to be occupied already, vases in the window and a candelabra-style chandelier was lit when I walked by late one evening a couple weeks ago.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
    I didn't notice any signs of stalling. The window glass is now in the storefront windows. Then too I noticed that the 2nd floor appears to be occupied already, vases in the window and a candelabra-style chandelier was lit when I walked by late one evening a couple weeks ago.
    Yep. Also, love the wrought iron railing recently installed above the garage. It looks reclaimed but if not, it's a fabulous reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
    Ok, maybe stalled was the wrong word to use. I walk by this property almost every day and it seems like there are only one or two noticeable changes (e.g. the window, the railing, etc.) completed each month. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it seems like the project will never get finished.

Does anyone know if the sandwich shop is still going in the space? I heard that the sandwich store guy might have backed out of the project.

I asked one of the owners and he said they didn't know what they were going to sell. I said as long as I can get a decent cup of coffee. Decaf. He replied of course!

I don't care but a place selling bread etc. would be nice.

- LUCas

The "sandwich store guy" is one of the building owners, and I believe that he's doing most of the work himself. He'll finish it when he finishes it. Already it's less of an eyesore than it was before they started.
    Laura Blanchard
    lb_philly@yahoo.com

[The "ignore" feature from your control panel is a great way to improve the civility of discourse on this bulletin board]

MFC
    MFC is offline Member

Dude, its probably the nicest new building in the neighborhood! Can't you find something more constructive to pick on?

Indeed. I spoke to one of the owners a couple days ago. He said that his partner, who was to have been the point person, got a very attractive job offer so now they're looking for a tenant instead.
    Laura Blanchard
    lb_philly@yahoo.com

Oooooo please someone put in a bakery place! I would love to buy good bread, pastries, cakes,, whatever.... Or a highland farms outlet... that woudl be awesome....

- LUCas

Sure, organic foods and nice fresh baked goods around here would be great, but I'd rather convince a few of our already-existing corner stores to carry those things. In fact Mr. Lolly and I were just talking about bringing all the receipts we've been accumulating from Palm Market at 20th & Pine to Pedro at Reyes Grocery to show him how much business he's losing by sticking with his existing business model.

I'm thinking a nice little "upscale" spa/salon would fit very nicely in that lovely new space at 21st & Christian. It's time the businesses within our 'hood start branching out from food.

I noticed there are orange zoning notices on the windows now. Does anyone know what is going in this space?

I noticed there are orange zoning notices on the windows now. Does anyone know what is going in this space?
    Hair or beauty salon, I can't remember which exact term appears on the notice.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin