Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So we

Gladys is offline Senior Member

Default So we

So we are getting a brand new place. SoWe!

SoWe Replacing Divan Turkish Kitchen -- Grub Street Philadelphia
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

Reds is offline Ginger Kid

SoWe Opens Tomorrow in Graduate Hospital - Openings - Eater Philly

Anybody been? Menu looks pretty good--pretty diverse, with some veg options.

dr_gingivitis is offline The Moral Authority

I went opening night, only had beer and a couple wings which were tasty. Food and atmosphere were really nice, I think it's going to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    SoWe Opens Tomorrow in Graduate Hospital - Openings - Eater Philly

Anybody been? Menu looks pretty good--pretty diverse, with some veg options.
    "After it was all over, he took us in the house and served us pancakes. Pancakes!"

Lolly is offline your neighbor

We checked it out for a late dinner and drinks with some neighbors Thursday night. It was hopping! Food, drinks and hospitality were very good. Definitely think it's a keeper.

It's a superb location for sidewalk seating too - especially once the Park is (soon) fully developed.

OffenseTaken is offline Junior Dilettante

Someone told me this morning that Divan was reopening over in QV somewhere. I find this odd though, since neither Divan nor anyone else said they were moving, just 86'ing it. Any truth to this?

Also, the name SoWe is kind of the pits. It's too much like SoWeTo for one thing, and I don't know how to say it out loud without sounding like an *******. It'll probably be a fine place, but if it's there for forty years, I'm still gonna call it "the place on Carpenter where Divan used to be."

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OffenseTaken View Post
    Someone told me this morning that Divan was reopening over in QV somewhere. I find this odd though, since neither Divan nor anyone else said they were moving, just 86'ing it. Any truth to this?

Also, the name SoWe is kind of the pits. It's too much like SoWeTo for one thing, and I don't know how to say it out loud without sounding like an *******. It'll probably be a fine place, but if it's there for forty years, I'm still gonna call it "the place on Carpenter where Divan used to be."
    Discussion in here about the new Divan, on 6th between South and Bainbridge: http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/fo...happening.html
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

OffenseTaken is offline Junior Dilettante

Cool, thanks.

So it doesn't have anything to do with the old Divan, except that it does.

andrewd is offline Member

Mrs. andrewd and I went on Thursday (we had a reservation for opening night but had to cancel last minute).

While I will miss Divan and the silly cheap drinks I have high hopes for SoWe. We enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere was great. I think the prices are a little high but hopefully they will be able to maintain a standard of quality to back it up. It's all going to depend on how much business they get but I think the neighborhood is ready for them. Looking forward to brunch for sure!

son0jack is offline Junior Member

Went yesterday afternoon to watch the Flyers game. This is a great addition to the neighborhood. Bar was packed, game was on (with volume) and the wings were great! We needed a good old fashion multi-purpose bar (If there is such a thing). Not too foody, not too grungy, just a good old neighborhood bar with good food and a great atmosphere....Very Excited!