Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 226
  1. #21
    NavalSquare is offline SquareNaval
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    January Zoning Committee Meeting
    Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    Location: 1941 Christian Street St. Charles Senior Community Center
    Philadelphia, PA 19146

    The January meeting of the SOSNA Zoning Committee will take place Wedneday January 18th at the St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian Street. Time 7-9 PM.

    # 7 on Agenda

    7.2319-27 Fitzwater Street (Greater St. Matthews) INFORMATIONAL: Presentation about the renovation of existing church and rectory to be apartments.

  2. #22
    Gladys's Avatar
    Gladys is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NavalSquare View Post
    January Zoning Committee Meeting
    Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    Location: 1941 Christian Street St. Charles Senior Community Center
    Philadelphia, PA 19146

    The January meeting of the SOSNA Zoning Committee will take place Wedneday January 18th at the St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian Street. Time 7-9 PM.

    # 7 on Agenda

    7.2319-27 Fitzwater Street (Greater St. Matthews) INFORMATIONAL: Presentation about the renovation of existing church and rectory to be apartments.
    do we know who purchased it? the last church i know of that was made into apartments was chapel lofts over on green . Huge fire not really recovered.
    Last edited by Gladys; 01-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde


    "I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

  3. #23
    Mustard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NavalSquare View Post
    January Zoning Committee Meeting
    Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    Location: 1941 Christian Street St. Charles Senior Community Center
    Philadelphia, PA 19146

    The January meeting of the SOSNA Zoning Committee will take place Wedneday January 18th at the St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian Street. Time 7-9 PM.

    # 7 on Agenda

    7.2319-27 Fitzwater Street (Greater St. Matthews) INFORMATIONAL: Presentation about the renovation of existing church and rectory to be apartments.
    More C2 to residential... Why even bother with the presentation just stamp it approved now.

  4. #24
    Gladys's Avatar
    Gladys is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    More C2 to residential... Why even bother with the presentation just stamp it approved now.
    depends on who is doing the developing.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde


    "I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

  5. #25
    Gaillimh is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I don't mean for facts to get in the way, but the church is zoned R10 and the rectory is zoned R10A. The zoning refusals will likely be for lack of off-street parking (1 per unit required), lack open space and lack of rear-yard setbacks.

  6. #26
    Grad hospital is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default re:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillimh View Post
    I don't mean for facts to get in the way, but the church is zoned R10 and the rectory is zoned R10A. The zoning refusals will likely be for lack of off-street parking (1 per unit required), lack open space and lack of rear-yard setbacks.
    Call it potential commercial. A church is not a residential usage technically. The rectory currently is office space.

  7. #27
    Lolly's Avatar
    Lolly is offline your neighbor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rittenhouse Breeze
    Posts
    2,412

    Default

    Note item #7...

    January Zoning Committee Meeting | SOSNA | South of South Neighborhood Association

    January Zoning Committee Meeting
    Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    Location:
    1941 Christian Street St. Charles Senior Community Center

    The January meeting of the SOSNA Zoning Committee will take place Wedneday January 18th at the St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian Street. Time 7-9 PM.

    AGENDA: (as of Jan. 9)

    1.2nd Presentation: 2025 Washington Avenue (Next Fab Studios): Application for Next Fab Studios to open a location on Washington Avenue for classes on ndustrial design and much more, with a small cafe. (NextFab Studio : Home)

    2.2nd Presentation: 1607 Catharine Street (former YWCA): Application for the renovation of the existing structure for use as 20 dwellings (revised down from 23) with 15 accessory parking spaces.

    3.2531-35 Montrose Street: Erection of three single-family homes with front-loading garages; two have refusals for not providing sufficient open area. (postponed until February 22 SOSNA Zoning Committee Mtg.)

    4.1923 Kimball Street: Erection of a single-family home with a roof deck.

    5.1909 Kimball Street: Erection of a single-family home with a roof deck.

    6.727 South 19th Street (former Mt. Olive AME Church) INFORMATIONAL: Demolition of existing church and erection of 5 single-family homes with rear-access parking thru a common driveway.

    7.2319-27 Fitzwater Street (Greater St. Matthews) INFORMATIONAL: Presentation about the renovation of existing church and rectory to be apartments.

  8. #28
    emc
    emc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Did anyone attend the meeting and get more information on the proposed project?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    7.2319-27 Fitzwater Street (Greater St. Matthews) INFORMATIONAL: Presentation about the renovation of existing church and rectory to be apartments.

  9. #29
    Mustard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default re

    It was interesting. All residential, 35ish units with no parking. For all of the outcry over parking it was surprising there wasn't more angry villagers.

    some of the units are 300 SF apparently.

  10. #30
    Brian616's Avatar
    Brian616 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Havertown
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    It was interesting. All residential, 35ish units with no parking. For all of the outcry over parking it was surprising there wasn't more angry villagers.

    some of the units are 300 SF apparently.
    So who bought the church? Was it Toll after all? The parking shouldn't be a big deal, really. That location is right near the 12, 7, and 40 buses, as well as 10 minutes from a busy RR station.

  11. #31
    Mustard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Not toll and not sold, under contract by a company called Vintage.

    Your adding 35+ residential units to the block which more than doubles it's density. Can you use public trans? yes, does that mean the no one living there will have a car? no. When you factor in visitors, contractors and services for the building itself, commuters and those who simple have a car for day to day life it's fairly large number of vehicles your putting on the block.

  12. #32
    Lolly's Avatar
    Lolly is offline your neighbor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rittenhouse Breeze
    Posts
    2,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    Not toll and not sold, under contract by a company called Vintage.

    Your adding 35+ residential units to the block which more than doubles it's density. Can you use public trans? yes, does that mean the no one living there will have a car? no. When you factor in visitors, contractors and services for the building itself, commuters and those who simple have a car for day to day life it's fairly large number of vehicles your putting on the block.
    As opposed to the number of vehicles involved when the church was full of parishioners on Sundays and events at other times. I wish someone would do a study about how many vehicles on average per household there really are.

    PS I believe the company under contract to buy and convert the place to rental units it is called Vantage...?

  13. #33
    ratt2581 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    grad hosp
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    some of the units are 300 SF apparently.
    am i reading that correct? 300 square foot units?

  14. #34
    Gaillimh is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I believe there were two 350 SF units. Most of the units were closer or over 1000 SF. The presentation was only informational and the developer was asked to merge the 350 SF units with other units.

  15. #35
    Grad hospital is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    As opposed to the number of vehicles involved when the church was full of parishioners on Sundays and events at other times. I wish someone would do a study about how many vehicles on average per household there really are.

    PS I believe the company under contract to buy and convert the place to rental units it is called Vantage...?
    The best indications is the fact that the streets are jammed solid with cars even before you add another 35 units. Maybe you adding 15 or 20 or 30 cars but whatever it is it's a lot more than whats there now.

  16. #36
    dr_gingivitis's Avatar
    dr_gingivitis is offline The Moral Authority
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    I wish someone would do a study about how many vehicles on average per household there really are.
    .56-.58
    "After it was all over, he took us in the house and served us pancakes. Pancakes!"

  17. #37
    Lolly's Avatar
    Lolly is offline your neighbor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rittenhouse Breeze
    Posts
    2,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gingivitis View Post
    .56-.58
    Interesting. That's about what I would have guessed. So about 15 cars. Wonder how many will be disappearing along with the congregation.

  18. #38
    macdaire is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    909

    Default

    The concern witrh the church was parking. However, it was about illegal parking that endangered peds and drivers. Even last week I had to walk on the street because the pastor et al. had blocked the entire sidewalk.

  19. #39
    Grad hospital is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
    Interesting. That's about what I would have guessed. So about 15 cars. Wonder how many will be disappearing along with the congregation.
    a more realistic number 25 - 30 with plus all the services, deliveries, maintenance etc

  20. #40
    petefm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gingivitis View Post
    .56-.58
    Is that for our existing neighborhood as a whole or for new construction?

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2