February Zoning Committee Meeting
February Zoning Committee meeting Wednesday, Feb. 15, 7pm, St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian Street.
1419-23 Christian Street (Ebenezer 7th Day Adventist Church Parking Lot): 2nd Presentation: Application for the legalization of an existing surface parking lot including new landscaping.
727 South 19th Street (Mt. Olive AME Church): 2nd Presentation: Application for the demolition of existing church, and erection of five (5) single-family homes with two-car rear garages accessed through a common drive.
814 South 15th Street: Application for the erection of a single-family home.
1820 Fitzwater Street: Application for use of existing carriage house as a single-family dwelling.
2531-35 Montrose Street: Application for the erection of three single-family homes with front-loading garages.
Zoning Committee Meeting
Sign up on our website, Welcome to SOSNA | SOSNA | South of South Neighborhood Association, for e-news to stay informed on neighborhood news. Or, you can text "SOSNA" to 55469 for text message updates on your cell phone.
Special PSA 1 Meeting Tonight
Come to the SOSNA office (1901 Christian St.) tonight at 6:30 for a special PSA 1 meeting: In addition to the usual police report, the Assistant District Attorney from the Public Nuisance Task Force will listen to concerns about properties involved in drug dealing.
PSA 1 Meeting
Friends of Julian Abele Park March Meeting
Come to the Friends of Julian Abele Park meeting tonight, 6:30-7:30, at Shiloh Baptist Church, 21st & Christian.
See our new logo design, discuss bylaws revisions and the new event permitting process for this year.
Julian Abele Park
Zoning Committee Meeting tonight - 7pm - Shiloh Baptist Church (2040 Christian St.)
2nd Presentation - Carpenter Square - 1001-35 South 17th Street: Erection of eleven (11) single-family homes, each with green roof and two-car, rear-access parking; commercial space at corner of Carpenter Street with six (6) condos above.
1906 Kater Street - Erection of a three-story single-family home with a roof deck.
2109-2111 St. Albans Street - Partial demolition of first floor rear, erection of additions at the second and third floor, with a roof top deck and rear parking space.
Info Presentation - 2132 Montrose Street: Presentation of possible schemes for a park-side cafe.
2nd Presentation - 1820 Fitzwater Street - Application for the relocation of lot lines to create two from one for the legal use of existing carriage house as a single-family dwelling.
Zoning Committee Meeting tonight at St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian St., 7pm.
2nd Presentation: 2319-27 Fitzwater Street (Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church): Application to rehabilitate the church and rectory as 38 apartment units.
2nd Presentation: 2109-11 St. Albans Street: Applications for erection of second and third story additions to existing single-family homes; plans have been significantly revised to address neighbor concerns..
2628 South Street (Southbridge B&B): Application to legalize existing bed & breakfast.
1016 South Bouvier Street: Application to erect a third floor deck on an existing single-family home.
622 South 19th Street: Application for a roof deck to an existing structure for use as a two-family dwelling.
1620 South Street (Miles Table): Application for a take-out cafe and restaurant.
1622 South Street (Magpie): Application for a take-out pie store.
1907 Webster Street: Erection of a single-family home.
1711 Montrose Street: Erection of a single-family home atop an existing garage.
SOSNA Zoning Committee meeting tomorrow, 7pm, St. SHILOH BAPTIST CHURCH, 2040 Christian St. Please note new location for tomorrow's meeting.
- 754 South Hicks Street: Erection of a rear addition.
- 922 South 20th Street: Application for erection of three- and two-story additions to an existing three-family dwelling and eat-in/take-out restaurant on the first floor.
- 1418 Pemberton Street: Erection of a single-family home with a garage.
- 1724 Christian Street (Christian Street YMCA) - INFORMATIONAL: Presentation about expansion of YMCA to the corner of 18th and Christian Street for use as an after-school space.
- 1622 South Street: Application for the relocation of lot lines to create two from one existing lot for the erection of a single-family home on Kater Street.
- 1612-16 South Street: Application for relocation of lot lines to create one from three existing lots for the erection of a four-story structure (max height 44') with single commercial space on the ground floor and 14 residential units above.
Zoning Committee meetings are the third Wednesday of the month, and you can track them on the SOSNA Events Calendar.
PSA 1 Meeting Tonight
Come to the SOSNA office tonight at 6:30pm for the May PSA 1 Community Meeting. This is your chance to discuss crime with the officers who patrol our neighborhood.
PSA 1 Community Meeting
June Zoning Committee Meeting | SOSNA | South of South Neighborhood Association
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:00pm
Location: 1941 Christian Street St. Charles Senior Community Center
- 1724 Christian Street (Christian Street YMCA) - 2nd Presentation: Expansion of YMCA to occupy corner of 18th and Christian for use as an after school space.
- 922 South 20th Street - 2nd Presentation - Erection of additions and decks to existing three-family dwelling and eat-in/take-out restaurant.
- 2551 Grays Ferry Avenue - Erection of a three-story, three-family dwelling with roof deck, no off-street parking on a lot zoned for a single-family home.
- 1624, 1626, 1628 Fitzwater Street & 741 South Chadwick Street - Erection of four single-family homes with off-street parking.
- 2001-17 Washington Avenue (southwest corner of 20th and Kimball Streets) - Relocation of lot lines to create 2 lots from 1 existing lot for the complete demolition of the existing structures and erection of a five-story strucuture with roof deck (53'4" high to top of pilot house) for use as a thirteen (13) family dwelling with 13 off-street parking spaces.
- 1622 South Street - 2nd Presentation - Relocation of lot lines to create 2 lots from 1 existing lot for the erection of a three-story single-family home on Kater Street.
- 1612-16 South Street - 2nd Presentation - Combination of lot lines to create 1 from 3 existing lots for the erection of a four-story structure with commercial space on ground floor and fourteen (14) apartments upstairs.
July Zoning Committee Meeting tonight, July 18, 7pm, at St. Charles Senior Community Center, 20th & Christian.
- 2001-17 Washington Avenue - 2nd Presentation - Subdivision of lots to create two from 1 existing lot, for the erection of a 13-family dwelling with 13 off-street parking spaces and communal roof deck. Application has been revised to move garage entrance/exit to S. 20th Street and ground floor dwelling unit to Kimball Street.
- 924 South 20th Street (Reyes Grocery)- Erection of projecting signage at the new corner store.
- 2107 Kimball Street - Erection of a three-story single-family dwelling with roof deck.
- 1905-13 League Street - Erection of five (5) single-family homes with front-loading garages, with less rear yard area and open area than is required by Code.
- 816 South 21st Street - Erection of rear decks and use of rear yard for an off-street parking space.
- 1000 South Bouvier Street - Erection of a single-family house with a garage, with no rear yard or open space when the Code requires 20%.
Friends of Julian Abele Park August Meeting
Come to the August meeting of the Friends of Julian Abele Park tomorrow, 7pm, at the SOSNA office (1901 Christian St).
On the agenda: logo design, will construction ever start, movies in the park. And a reminder that 2012 dues ($20 per year) are now payable.
Is the park renovation still scheduled for this fall? When are they breaking ground?
Yep, if not sooner. Latest word is it should begin *very* soon. That said, with all the delays we've seen so far, I'll believe it when I see it...
Originally Posted by mprams
Got a leaflet today saying construction to begin next monday!
Haha yes, well there's been a delay already... It's now due to start next WEDNESDAY!
Originally Posted by mprams
So who was nominated for the SOSNA Board? Which seats are open?
SOSNA Board elections tonight, 6:30-9:30, at St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian St. Learn more about the candidates before tonight's election:
SOSNA Board Candidates
Farmers Market this afternoon at Julian Abele Park (Carpenter St. sidewalk at 22nd). Fresh fruits and veggies, canned and baked goods, farm-fresh eggs. Not many more markets left this fall, so stock up!
October Zoning Committee Meeting
October Zoning Committee Meeting Wednesday, 7pm, at St. Charles Senior Community Center, 1941 Christian St.
- 2401 Carpenter Street: Erection of a third story addition to a three-family dwelling.
- 711 South Mole Street: Erection of a single-family home with an off-street parking space.
- INFORMATIONAL: 1600 South Street: Presentation about a new mixed-use development at the corner of 16th and South Streets.
Officer Appreciation/Neighbor Meet & Greet Event TONIGHT
Officer Appreciation/Neighbor Meet & Greet Event
TONIGHT Monday, November 12th 7:30pm-9:30pm
At the Bainbridge Club located at 1529 Bainbridge
More Info: Officer Appreciation Neighbor Meet & Greet | SOSNA | South of South Neighborhood Association
11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
SOSNA November Zoning Committee Meeting TONIGHT, 7pm, St. Charles Community Center, 1941 Christian St.
On the agenda:
- 1600 South Street - 2nd Presentation: Relocation of lot lines to create one new lot from two existing lots for the erection of a mixed-use building with commercial on the ground floor and five dwelling units upstairs.
- 1607-19 Catharine Street - 2nd Presentation - YWCA - Restore front of YWCA building and demolish rear portion; erection of a new structure behind existing building for use as a 33-family dwelling with 15 accessory off-street parking spaces.
- 2113 St. Albans Street: Erection of a third-story addition to an existing single-family dwelling.
- 1915-33 League Street: Erection of ten single-family homes with four stories and front loading garages.
- 728 South 18th Street: Demo of existing building and erection of a three-story single-family dwelling.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO