Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 343
  1. #321
    Spicoli's Avatar
    Spicoli is offline I know that dude!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The neighborhood with an identity crisis
    Posts
    397

    Default

    What do you know? Seems that Toll does do commerical development afterall.

    Toll Bros. Will Apparently Be a Partner in the New Spring Garden Whole Foods | NakedPhilly

  2. #322
    MNG1324 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg/Center City weekend Condo owner
    Posts
    750

    Default

    The new whole foods will be a gated community supermarket with a fake colonial look. Entrance will require proof of 6 figures in your checking account and proof that you have never watched Honey Boo-Boo.

  3. #323
    devilspocket is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Devil's Pocket
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNG1324 View Post
    The new whole foods will be a gated community supermarket with a fake colonial look. Entrance will require proof of 6 figures in your checking account and proof that you have never watched Honey Boo-Boo.
    You also have to drive there as there no pedestrians in the city.

  4. #324
    Grad hospital is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default

    all surface parking at street level. Foe windows that are just brick walls with frames around them. Designed to emulate the look of a 1970s mental hospital.

  5. #325
    ma72881 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fitler Square
    Posts
    99

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Grad hospital View Post
    all surface parking at street level. Foe windows that are just brick walls with frames around them. Designed to emulate the look of a 1970s mental hospital.
    Oh well, I hate Toll Brothers! As far as I am concerned there goes the neighborhood, out with the good in with the greedy

  6. #326
    Eastcoast is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    What do you know? Seems that Toll does do commerical development afterall.

    Toll Bros. Will Apparently Be a Partner in the New Spring Garden Whole Foods | NakedPhilly
    You guys beat them up over taking down a derelict parking garage, can you imagine the community infighting over what type of commercial would be beneficial for the community.

  7. #327
    londoner is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ma72881 View Post
    Oh well, I hate Toll Brothers! As far as I am concerned there goes the neighborhood, out with the good in with the greedy
    Huh? They've been in the neighborhood for almost a decade now and so far as i can see the Naval Square development has been a massive boon. Could it have been better? Who cares. They tore down a derelict garage and are going to replace it with something that can't look any worse.

  8. #328
    Naveen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londoner View Post
    Huh? They've been in the neighborhood for almost a decade now and so far as i can see the Naval Square development has been a massive boon. Could it have been better? Who cares. They tore down a derelict garage and are going to replace it with something that can't look any worse.
    Agree. In fact I'd say this project is better than Naval Square, since it's not gated off. Plus, no curb cuts for garages (just the one big one for the parking lot). The corner retail is the icing on the cake. It's still not a "perfect" project IMO (not a fan of the parking lot being there at all), but it's still good.

  9. #329
    Mustard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londoner View Post
    Huh? They've been in the neighborhood for almost a decade now and so far as i can see the Naval Square development has been a massive boon. Could it have been better? Who cares. They tore down a derelict garage and are going to replace it with something that can't look any worse.
    I love it someone awards the classic G-ho "it's better than an empty lot" gold standard of excellence in development.

  10. #330
    Mustard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naveen View Post
    Agree. In fact I'd say this project is better than Naval Square, since it's not gated off. Plus, no curb cuts for garages (just the one big one for the parking lot). The corner retail is the icing on the cake. It's still not a "perfect" project IMO (not a fan of the parking lot being there at all), but it's still good.
    It is gated, there are multiple curb cuts and the "retail" ?? What kinds of crap cake are you icing?

  11. #331
    torts is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    'g-ho'

    lol

  12. #332
    torts is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    "he didn't kill anyone. he just shot four or five bullets into the back of a cab. give the kid a break. he was scared. it was raining."

  13. #333
    torts is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,582

    Default

    "if you see anything suspicious, call the cops."

  14. #334
    Naveen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    It is gated, there are multiple curb cuts and the "retail" ?? What kinds of crap cake are you icing?
    No need to get your panties in a bunch. You're right, the courtyard is gated, but the houses face the street. Big difference from Naval Square. Where are the curb cuts for garages? I didn't see them in the renderings. Are there new renderings/plans? It's possible what I saw was dated.

  15. #335
    bootsywannabe is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Yeah who would want gates anyway, what with all the gun-packing (illegally or FL permit) scuzzbags running around in our neighborhood (or theirs I guess).

    Heck I'm thinking of putting a gate around my house too. An electric gate, with a moat and some ravenous drug-crazed manatees I keep half-starved and hopped up on speed. With frigging lasers.

    I fully support the use of gates as a means of keeping dirt-digging shiite-boxes off my property. And out of alleyways.

  16. #336
    Gladys's Avatar
    Gladys is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bootsywannabe View Post
    Yeah who would want gates anyway, what with all the gun-packing (illegally or FL permit) scuzzbags running around in our neighborhood (or theirs I guess).

    Heck I'm thinking of putting a gate around my house too. An electric gate, with a moat and some ravenous drug-crazed manatees I keep half-starved and hopped up on speed. With frigging lasers.

    I fully support the use of gates as a means of keeping dirt-digging shiite-boxes off my property. And out of alleyways.
    thank you i needed a laugh.... that would be a hell of a moat though, why not just use piranha and call it a day?
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde


    "I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

  17. #337
    ma72881 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fitler Square
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londoner View Post
    Huh? They've been in the neighborhood for almost a decade now and so far as i can see the Naval Square development has been a massive boon. Could it have been better? Who cares. They tore down a derelict garage and are going to replace it with something that can't look any worse.
    Of course the project is better than the abandoned garage! Iíll I am trying to say is that in general I think Toll Brothers are sneaky and will do anything to get what they want. I have been here for over 31 years in this community. I am happy for some improvements and not so much others. I donít like greedy corporations and I think this Company fits the bill. I am happy that the houses are on the street and not a gated community. That is the only thing I am happy about. I do however wish there was some type of retail/shops on this lot. I like the fact that our community as many different kinds of shops/business that make our community one of a kind. Examples, La VA love the coffee antís pants yummy food. I just wouldnít want to see our community change for the worst. 

  18. #338
    Eastcoast is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ma72881 View Post
    Of course the project is better than the abandoned garage! I’ll I am trying to say is that in general I think Toll Brothers are sneaky and will do anything to get what they want. I have been here for over 31 years in this community. I am happy for some improvements and not so much others. I don’t like greedy corporations and I think this Company fits the bill. I am happy that the houses are on the street and not a gated community. That is the only thing I am happy about. I do however wish there was some type of retail/shops on this lot. I like the fact that our community as many different kinds of shops/business that make our community one of a kind. Examples, La VA love the coffee ant’s pants yummy food. I just wouldn’t want to see our community change for the worst. 
    Well look at it this way, this exact type of development is going to attract the type of consumers that will support a nice bistro, taverns, specialty boutiques, bakeries to your area...so while not including retail into the footprint it also reduces the potential and life support for check cashing places, mobile phone joints and msg factories.

  19. #339
    Mustard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Well look at it this way, this exact type of development is going to attract the type of consumers that will support a nice bistro, taverns, specialty boutiques, bakeries to your area...so while not including retail into the footprint it also reduces the potential and life support for check cashing places, mobile phone joints and msg factories.
    uhhh yea... Fitler Square / South Street West was not exactly under threat of becoming that...

    Man, I thought the "better than vacant lot" guy was lowering the bar to ankle level..

  20. #340
    Grad hospital is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Well look at it this way, this exact type of development is going to attract the type of consumers that will support a nice bistro, taverns, specialty boutiques, bakeries to your area...so while not including retail into the footprint it also reduces the potential and life support for check cashing places, mobile phone joints and msg factories.
    haha, right... that area was really going to down hill. Good thing Toll Brothers really swooped in and saved us..

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2