Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    anyoldhead is offline Senior Member

Default 1420-1430 S. 6th St

This is Maglo Meats, which holds 3 buildings. They moved & abandoned these 3 properties, including an eyesore of a loading dock, which attracts people sleeping it off & graffiti. There are usually piles of trash in front & new grafitti daily. They also failed to remove the " No parking, cars will be towed" signs, holding FOUR hostage spots that neghbors can't use.

I contacted Maglio, but was ignored. How can they enforce the no parking when they themselves abandoned the property?

Does anyone know the history of this buseness & how they get away with this?

lucidinnature is offline Banned

I always love click terms people use to sway others onto their side. "Abandoned"?!?!?! OH NOES!?!?!?!

Ummm, what exactly is a business to do if they move, outgrow, or change ownership and move out of a property?
    Quote Originally Posted by anyoldhead View Post
    This is Maglo Meats, which holds 3 buildings. They moved & abandoned these 3 properties, including an eyesore of a loading dock, which attracts people sleeping it off & graffiti. There are usually piles of trash in front & new grafitti daily. They also failed to remove the " No parking, cars will be towed" signs, holding FOUR hostage spots that neghbors can't use.

I contacted Maglio, but was ignored. How can they enforce the no parking when they themselves abandoned the property?

Jayallday is offline Large Member

How dare they!!!! Didn't the neighbors know the parking situation when they moved in? If you want plenty of parking then don't move to South Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayallday View Post
    How dare they!!!! Didn't the neighbors know the parking situation when they moved in? If you want plenty of parking then don't move to South Philly.
    Sarcasm aside, how 'bout just removing the signage? I repeat, the buildings are never used, as the business moved.

Jayallday is offline Large Member

Sarcasm aside, how 'bout just removing the signage? I repeat, the buildings are never used, as the business moved.
    So if your neighbor had a driveway and moved out would you just park your car there? I hate when I'm working in an empty house and people do that. How do you know that the owner isn't going to rent the building to somebody else or sell it? Why should he have to remove the signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayallday View Post
    So if your neighbor had a driveway and moved out would you just park your car there? I hate when I'm working in an empty house and people do that. How do you know that the owner isn't going to rent the building to somebody else or sell it? Why should he have to remove the signs?
    y

Well, you missed the point entirely. It helps to read the OP's post. Regardless, thanks so much to you & LIN for hijacking the thread. I posted in the first place for constructive thoughts, not to be bullied. It's obviously important to me & my neighbors. You guys, not so much, so why the snideness? LIN's back on ignore, but you occasionally have something relavent to say.
    Last edited by anyoldhead; 02-09-2013 at 10:15 AM.

CHIOSSO is online now Schuylkill Ranger

this is all you see wrong at 6th and dickinson?
    Moyamensing became known for its penitentiary, violent hose company, cemeteries, wretchedly poor inhabitants, and crime. Harry C. Silcox

I didn't hijack any thread. As usual, you and 'neighbors' can't understand any common sense.

That property has a driveway. Vacant or not, you can't park in front of it. You can't legally park on the corner or on the side. That, at most, leaves one spot. Grow up and quit being such a damn baby.
    y

Well, you missed the point entirely. It helps to read the OP's post. Regardless, thanks so much to you & LIN for hijacking the thread. I posted in the first place for constructive thoughts, not to be bullied. It's obviously important to me & my neighbors. You guys, not so much, so why the snideness? LIN's back on ignore, but you occasionally have something relavent to say.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidinnature View Post
    I didn't hijack any thread. As usual, you and 'neighbors' can't understand any common sense.

That property has a driveway. Vacant or not, you can't park in front of it. You can't legally park on the corner or on the side. That, at most, leaves one spot. Grow up and quit being such a damn baby.
    There is no driveway. You seem to know an awful lot, so maybe in your spare time you could actually come see the buildings I'm referring to?

There is no driveway. You seem to know an awful lot, so maybe in your spare time you could actually come see the buildings I'm referring to?
    OMG, you're such a liar!!!! What do you call the area where the fenced gate is?

Oh... and while you can tell a driveway from a hole in your ass, it's MAGLIO, not maglo you numbnut.

supersupper is offline Appetizer

i contacted maglio, but was ignored. How can they enforce the no parking when they themselves abandoned the property? Does anyone know the history of this buseness & how they get away with this?
    oh... And while you can tell a driveway from a hole in your ass, it's maglio, not maglo you numbnut.
    hahaha! LINIOT.
    SooooooooooooooooPER ........................ SL O WD O WN

Quote Originally Posted by supersupper View Post
    hahaha! LINIOT.
    As usual, your post makes no sense since I proved him wrong.

Look at yourself when sourcing funny names notating idiocy, superdumber.

As usual, your post makes no sense since I proved him wrong.

Look at yourself when sourcing funny names notating idiocy, superdumber.
    Which "him" are you referring to?

Which "him" are you referring to?
    Hey anyoldhead, what's that space in the picture called? Ohhhh, a driveway?

Hey anyoldhead, what's that space in the picture called? Ohhhh, a driveway?
    No curb cut, solid yellow lines across the three buildings? You chopped your pic. That loading dock is part of the 3 buildings that are, in fact, abandoned. But anything to "prove" you're always right. And by the way, we've known each other for years & your repulsive online persona is the same f2f, especially when you're drunk.

No curb cut, solid yellow lines across the three buildings? You chopped your pic. That loading dock is part of the 3 buildings that are, in fact, abandoned. But anything to "prove" you're always right. And by the way, we've known each other for years & your repulsive online persona is the same f2f, especially when you're drunk.
    Are you blind?! Anyone can see that there is a 'curb cut' on the picture.

AsYouWere is offline Banned

OMG, you're such a liar!!!! What do you call the area where the fenced gate is?
    Curb settlement? Maybe the big trucks flattened it out.

Yeeeeeaaahhhh... And they just happened to grade and cut the sidewalk concrete for a driveway as well.

BarryG is offline Senior Member

If they aren't using the dock, who is going to enforce the signs? PPA may ticket you but won't tow you I don't think.