Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    anyoldhead is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BarryG View Post
    If they aren't using the dock, who is going to enforce the signs? PPA may ticket you but won't tow you I don't think.
    Thank you! Finally a relevant post :-)

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

Sure looks like a curb cut and apron to me: 1420 S 6th St, Philadelphia, PA - Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by BarryG View Post
    If they aren't using the dock, who is going to enforce the signs? PPA may ticket you but won't tow you I don't think.
    PPA might ticket, but the bigger risk is George Smith coming and towing you. The towing companies aren't supposed to tow without the owner asking them to, but it happens all the time and they're pretty good about complying with the ticket-first policy these days too. They call the police, get you ticketed, and tow you all without the owner's involvement.

BarryG is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    Sure looks like a curb cut and apron to me: 1420 S 6th St, Philadelphia, PA - Google Maps

PPA might ticket, but the bigger risk is George Smith coming and towing you. The towing companies aren't supposed to tow without the owner asking them to, but it happens all the time and they're pretty good about complying with the ticket-first policy these days too. They call the police, get you ticketed, and tow you all without the owner's involvement.
    They have people cruising, looking for violators?

Does the property owner have to have some sort of contract with the tow company?

Should a business who moved take down G. Smith's signs?

lucidinnature is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by anyoldhead View Post
    This is why neighbors are unreasonable.

What the hell is it to you what sign in on their property? Read this slowly so that you can understand. There's a driveway there. No matter how much you want to ignore it, it's there. That means you can't park there. Do you understand?

Jayallday is offline Large Member

You call everybody else a bully but it is you who is trying to take down somebody else's sign. Why not just move into his property and live there?

Gone is offline Banned

Just take white paint and cover. Or have the PPA remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Huh?! The PPA can not remove it, and for being such a christian-you sure seem to have no problem advocating committing trespass onto a neighbor and stealing.

Jayallday is offline Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    You're joking right?

the mule is offline Tumescent Member

No, they have no obligation to do so. It's annoying to see an unused curb cut taking up parking, but them's the breaks.

However, if those signs on street view are the same ones that are there right now, they don't comply with the current city towing ordinance and can be reported to 311. The towing company will get fined and have to replace the signs with conforming signs and produce a copy of their agreement with the owner. If they don't have an agreement, and you keep complaining, chances are they just remove their signs to avoid fines. Still doesn't mean you won't get ticketed if you block the driveway.

I tell you this simply because I hate the low life towing businesses in this city.

Read and report away:
    Philly 311

Quote Originally Posted by the mule View Post
    No, they have no obligation to do so. It's annoying to see an unused curb cut taking up parking, but them's the breaks.

However, if those signs on street view are the same ones that are there right now, they don't comply with the current city towing ordinance and can be reported to 311. The towing company will get fined and have to replace the signs with conforming signs and produce a copy of their agreement with the owner. If they don't have an agreement, and you keep complaining, chances are they just remove their signs to avoid fines. Still doesn't mean you won't get ticketed if you block the driveway.

I tell you this simply because I hate the low life towing businesses in this city.

Read and report away:
    Philly 311
    Thanks. Yesterday a couple of workmen were there, picking up trash & installing a brighter light in the loading dock. I appreciate the efforts & won't be filing any complaints.

Thanks. Yesterday a couple of workmen were there, picking up trash & installing a brighter light in the loading dock. I appreciate the efforts & won't be filing any complaints.
    Oh wait. Loading dock?!?! First I'm making stuff up, then all of a sudden you acknowledge a loading dock. What a piece of work. And now that they put a light up and picked up trash, parking is ok?! It sounds like a typical neighbor using one thing to attack a business in order to get something else. Typical filth pigs.