Register
+ Reply to Thread
    O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member

Default Temporary No Parking New Years Day

Just a reminder to move your car, preferably before you go to sleep tonight.

All of South Broad Street to below Oregon Avenue.

South 2nd Street from Washington to below Snyder Avenue and some areas that should also be posted near Washington Avenue.

Most neighbors know the drill by now, but some newbies will be wondering what is going on down on Two Street and may be looking for their car on Wednesday.

Don't drink & drive or fire a gun into the air tonight. Enjoy the fireworks at 6 pm & midnight at Penns Landing.

And everyone have a Happy New Year !
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

McPhilly is offline Senior Member

I saw no parking notices on Reed St, both sides of Broad for about one block each way. I don't remember that being the case before. Is something different happening this year?

TonyDanza is offline Senior Member

stupid mummers

qweezyq is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    Just a reminder to move your car, preferably before you go to sleep tonight.

All of South Broad Street to below Oregon Avenue.

South 2nd Street from Washington to below Snyder Avenue and some areas that should also be posted near Washington Avenue.

Most neighbors know the drill by now, but some newbies will be wondering what is going on down on Two Street and may be looking for their car on Wednesday.

Don't drink & drive or fire a gun into the air tonight. Enjoy the fireworks at 6 pm & midnight at Penns Landing.

And everyone have a Happy New Year !
    This is redic. no parking signs put up for residents to clear out so suburbanites can park on our street trash it and DD home. Glad we made it so convenient for them. meanwhile the street sweepers couldnt reach the trash because cars that should have been towed were not.

luchobucho is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by qweezyq View Post
    This is redic. no parking signs put up for residents to clear out so suburbanites can park on our street trash it and DD home. Glad we made it so convenient for them. meanwhile the street sweepers couldnt reach the trash because cars that should have been towed were not.
    I thought there was no parking because, ya know, there was a parade. I didn't realize it was for subrbonites to be able tor park.

qweezyq is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by luchobucho View Post
    I thought there was no parking because, ya know, there was a parade. I didn't realize it was for subrbonites to be able tor park.
    on my block and the intersecting streets to two street, thats how it seemed.

luchobucho is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by qweezyq View Post
    on my block and the intersecting streets to two street, thats how it seemed.
    Sorry I thought you were talking about broad street.

I don't know what goes ok down on 2 street.

TonyDanza is offline Senior Member

Not just 2nd St - I live on a small street off 13th and people were parked on corner to corner, blocking curb cuts and crosswalks (lots of NJ tags), and blocking hydrants all over the place. Fortunately, no beer cans were left on my steps and no one looked to have urinated on the sidewalk this year.